Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss New Test Track Vehicle in the News & Rumors forums; It's good at least to see the newer vehicles. I agree that Cars can go to MK or HS. It would be nice though to do a Test Track update ...
    toweristops is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: New Test Track Vehicle

It's good at least to see the newer vehicles.

I agree that Cars can go to MK or HS. It would be nice though to do a Test Track update with some newer technologies, a new queue film, maybe a few new surprises in the ride, etc. It wouldn't be an inexpensive upgrade but it is due. Of course, a large majority of Epcot could use some TLC and refurbs but that doesn't seem on the radar for the near future.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

see and i was just down there during this whole shenanigan... these cars replaced the old ones already...? because if they did i rode in them and hardly noticed a difference...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Bad idea. The original plan was to keep characters OUT of Epcot. Now that they've added Nemo and that huge meet 'n greet area, they are cartooning the future. And I do use the term "future" loosely. No need to move Cars into Epcot when you've got the perfect venue over in Pixar Place at DHS.
    I enjoyed Epcot being Character free, but I was never really big on Characters in the first place. But the Plan is gone, Duffy sealed that deal.

I doubt that GM would go along with the Cars theme given they just agreed to continue their sponsorship. With the bailout from the Government, they need to advertise for themselves and their vehicles not Disney's animated movies.

I think Cars would be a bit out of place in Epcot, DHS maybe.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

As an old school Epcot Center guy, I definitely don't want to see Test Track turned into cartoonland. What they did to The Living Seas was bad enough. I hope they do not repeat that mistake.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I enjoyed Epcot being Character free, but I was never really big on Characters in the first place. But the Plan is gone, Duffy sealed that deal.
    Stupid Duffy.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

duffy...he is cute, but he doesnt really belong as epcots "mascot". wheres' figment?
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

i say keep Cars out of TT... nothing against the film or the characters but i do not think it is needed...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    see and i was just down there during this whole shenanigan... these cars replaced the old ones already...? because if they did i rode in them and hardly noticed a difference...
    From what I understand, it's ONE car that they've added into the mix at this point (presumably for testing?).
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

i say keep Cars out of TT... nothing against the film or the characters but i do not think it is needed...
    Yeah again... no plans (that I'm aware of) to theme this as "Cars"... it's just that it's the same technology that will be used in the new Cars land attraction at DCA.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

See and I thought they were all one from what I remember... I rode in a blue one on my last trip last week... I wonder if I rode in the new one and didn't know it...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

See and I thought they were all one from what I remember... I rode in a blue one on my last trip last week... I wonder if I rode in the new one and didn't know it...
    Hrm...... ok we need someone to tell us then huh?

If no one does soon, I'll be there and can find out.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Wouldn't life be so much simpler if vehicles were all one color? Nothing like standing behine a family with four or five kids, all trying to guess what color car they are going to be in, and then start arguing about what car they want. Shut up, get in, and ride the ride.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Wouldn't life be so much simpler if vehicles were all one color? Nothing like standing behine a family with four or five kids, all trying to guess what color car they are going to be in, and then start arguing about what car they want. Shut up, get in, and ride the ride.
    right because once you get in its not like youll be able to see the outside of the vehicle anyway...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

We each take a guess on which color we'll get and then declare the winner. Sometimes you've gotta do something to have a little fun while you wait.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

right because once you get in its not like youll be able to see the outside of the vehicle anyway...

Maybe they should all be white with a, sayyyyy...teal, coral, blue, orange, etc., stripe down the side...?!?!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12