Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss avatar in the News & Rumors forums; Ok it seems Disney has obtained the rights to avatar. Excellent move. You cannot keep Disney down. They always have surprises. Now let's kick some Harry potter butt...
    garryz is offline B-Ticket Holder

Smile avatar

Ok it seems Disney has obtained the rights to avatar. Excellent move. You cannot keep Disney down. They always have surprises. Now let's kick some Harry potter butt
    dvcnut. As Walt said "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them".DISNEY.....LIVE THE DREAM!!!!!

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Re: avatar

I just heard this! I am so excited to hear this is going to happen! AK needs something to make it even close to what was promised to us back in 1998 when it opened. I wasn't a huge fan of the movie, but I love where the concept of it and where it may take us. Soooo excited!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

garryz is offline B-Ticket Holder

Wink Re: avatar

I agree very exciting news. Lou will bring this topic to the table tomorrow night. A great move by Disney, and yes AK would seem to be a area to bring this along. Still HS could gain by this as well
    dvcnut. As Walt said "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them".DISNEY.....LIVE THE DREAM!!!!!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by garryz View Post
    I agree very exciting news. Lou will bring this topic to the table tomorrow night. A great move by Disney, and yes AK would seem to be a area to bring this along. Still HS could gain by this as well
    We'll likely beat it to death by tomorrow evening with what little info Disney released. It is being discussed everywhere now and was even the lead story on the ABC news this hour.

Now this is what they needed to have wrapped up and delivered with some details at D23 this year. Other than AK being a half day park for many guests, why AK? DHS to me just seems to be a better fit other than it has many good attractions.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

The Disney Parks blog is calling an Avatar-themed land. I'm guessing this is going where Beastly Kingdom should have been - and spells the death of that land altogether.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Not necessarily the end of Beastly Kingdom...weren't there a few areas of AK that were supposed to open up but never did? Maybe it is just taking up some of the space the BK is still a possibility?
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

At least it has a lot of people posting and talking about it.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Wow. Three threads on this? Maybe the moderators can combine them all for us.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.