Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Avatar...What's the big deal? in the News & Rumors forums; That is completely plausible... We know what this is......
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Avatar...What's the big deal?

That is completely plausible... We know what this is...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I knew we were in for it as soon as Kubrick decided he just HAD to include that silly scene of Nicole Kidman sitting on the toilet. Whatever, Stan. Say hi to my dad for me.

Well, if nothing else it had one of the great opening scenes of all time.

vypeman is offline A-Ticket holder

I still don't know why you all are arguing about this anyways. We are never going to see it happen. Everybody knows that the world ends in Dec of 2012. :P

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by vypeman View Post
    I still don't know why you all are arguing about this anyways. We are never going to see it happen. Everybody knows that the world ends in Dec of 2012. :P
    Yes. Those b*st#rd Mayans couldn't even give us Christmas next year.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

aph
    aph is offline Fastpass Holder

Didn't like the movie. Wait and see what happens
    Can't be much worse than Dinoland.
    July 1973- Disneyland
    Nov 2002 -off property
    Oct 2004- off property
    Oct 2006- off property
    Nov 2010- Pop Century

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

I'm going to guess this has been discuused several times, but I'm jumping nin abit late. A few thoughts come to mind

1. With the plan being to open up after the 2nd movie comes ut, will it be relevant? The Avatar sugar rush has dies down, and normally there isn't as big an interest surge for sequels (as usually most bare disappointing). If the sequels is lackluster, thsi seem slike a resource money pit. Even if the sequel is successful, how much staying power does Avatar have?

2. Is Avatar intended as Beastly Kingdomme 2.0? Does Camp Mickey Minnie get shuttered up to build the Avatar attraction(s)

3. If they build this and get it rolling along, will the yeti finally get fixed?
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I don't get the relevant argument. How relevant are The Little Mermaid and Snow White and the Seven Dwarves? Or Beauty and The Beast?

They're currently building what is essentially an entirely new land based upon them right now.

I guess they've reached something of a "cult" classic status, so they're timely no matter what. All thanks to the marketing power of Mouse, Inc. That's my problem with Universal. A lot, not all, but a lot of what they try to do is about the here and now, forgetting that at some point, many of their ride themes will be obsolete. Jurassic Park... good ride, good movie, but themeing it to the film rather than just a dinosaur attraction seems a bit foolish in 2011. Same thing with Twister (not sure if it's still about the movie or just the magic of movie making, which is what the attraction should have been). I don't have a problem with the Dudley Do-Right theme for the log flume, but swapping out Hannah Barbera for Nickelodon wasn't necessary. Even ET, though a classic film, always feels like an outdated attraction to me. How many of today's youth have seen ET vs Snow White. Then again, I've made the same argument about Mr. Toad. Lots of kids have seen Peter Pan and Little Mermaid. But have they seen Wind & the Willows?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Sort of like putting Mighty Ducks into the All Star resort buildings. Oops.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Yeh... Something about Universal Nd their films seem to age the parks prematurely... I think if they chose films that had better "staying power" (ie not Twister) their parks wouldn't seem dated so quickly... That's my worry with Avatar... Will it still be relavant when the area opens...?
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

The trilogy won't even be complete by the time the land opens. For better, or worse, it will still be relevant.

I'm worried that they're even talking "trilogy". That film was a perfectly fine stand-alone piece.

JohnO is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool Re: Avatar...What's the big deal?

Ive got an open mind about it, but I would think that TWDC would want one of their own films represented as an entire "land" at AK. The comparisons with Star Tours and Indiana Jones dont hold water IMHO, due to the fact that they are single attractions, not entire lands, and as stated by a previous poster, theyre represented in DHS, a park dedicated to movies.
    77- Disneyland 89- Disneyland 94- WDW ASSp 95- WDW OKW 98- WDW Hol.Inn MG 99- WDW Off Prop. 06- WDW ASMov 2/8 -2/16 07- WDW Pop 2/4 - 2/14 07- WDW All Star Mus 9/11 - 9/17 08- WDW ASMov 10/27 - 10/30 08- DCL Wonder 10/30 - 11/2 09- WDW AS Mov 9/21 - 9/27 09- DCL Wonder 9/27 - 10/1 10- WDW Off Prop. 4/23- 4/25 10- DCL Magic 7ngt Estrn 10/23-10/30 10- WDW CSR 10/30-11/1 12 - POR 1/8 - 1/15 392 Miles from WDW
    I Survived the 40 Hr Live Show Oct. 1 - 2/2011
    Johnoinsc in 'The Box'

bigthundermicky is offline C-Ticket Holder

Disney is banking on the future success of the next two films. There is so much they can do for a whole land. After the announcement, I watched the movie to possibly see how Cameron and the Imagineers could design a whole land and there are possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I'm worried that they're even talking "trilogy". That film was a perfectly fine stand-alone piece.
    So was Star Wars.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast