Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Avatar...What's the big deal? in the News & Rumors forums; I agree with you Mo, I think it will be awesome....
    bigthundermicky is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Avatar...What's the big deal?

I agree with you Mo, I think it will be awesome.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Not sure if I'd use the word awesome, but like you I see a great deal of possibilities. And really, it doen't matter how good or bad the stories are. The land will be based upon the visuals of the movie, which even most people who hated the movie grudgingly praised.

I think WDI is going to have a field day with this project.

Cameron is supposed to have his hand in the design. I think the visuals should be impressive.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by bigthundermicky View Post
    Cameron is supposed to have his hand in the design. I think the visuals should be impressive.
    Cameron's visually "impressive" film was all done in CGI. This is real life. How impressive could it possibly be?
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    So was Star Wars.
    And that franchise took a massive tumble after the second film. Which, come to think of it, Lucas pretty much handed over to others to create for him.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Cameron's visually "impressive" film was all done in CGI. This is real life. How impressive could it possibly be?
    Maybe you'll have to rent special glasses to see it.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

And that franchise took a massive tumble after the second film. Which, come to think of it, Lucas pretty much handed over to others to create for him.
    Disagree.

Most folks consider The Empire Stikes Back as the strongest of the original trilogy.

It didn't stumble until Return of the Jedi.

Of course, I'm assuming you mean "tumble" as one of the most recognized, appreciated, and profitable movie franchises of all time.

It's kind of like saying Disney took a massive "tumble" when they built EPCOT Center.

What they could do with fiber optics into the landscape, a 3-D dark ride with CGI, a roller coaster style ride with a flying theme.

Quote Originally Posted by bigthundermicky View Post
    What they could do with fiber optics into the landscape, a 3-D dark ride with CGI, a roller coaster style ride with a flying theme.
    Then they should carefully consider the Spiderman ride over at Universal. Hands down, one of THE best rides out there.

Disagree.

Most folks consider The Empire Stikes Back as the strongest of the original trilogy.

It didn't stumble until Return of the Jedi.

Of course, I'm assuming you mean "tumble" as one of the most recognized, appreciated, and profitable movie franchises of all time.
    You're right, but you misread. By "tumble after the second film", I meant that AFTER Empire Strikes Back, the franchise tumbled. And it's odd that for the strongest film in the series, Lucas took a back seat and let so many others drive. Look what happened once he took total control of the prequels. Nice going, fat neck.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I was a huge fan of Star Wars in 1977. While a good movie, ESB left me unsatisfied as it was obvious there needed to be a third movie. I was in 10th grade when ROTJ finally came out and I hated it. Puppets, teddy bears??? What happened to the Star Wars I loved? I think the Jim Henson influences helped to ruin it. They called it Yoda but all I saw was a green Grover from Sesame Street. Lucas focused on merchandising instead of making a good movie IMO. I haven't seen any of the Star Wars films after that.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

You're right, but you misread. By "tumble after the second film", I meant that AFTER Empire Strikes Back, the franchise tumbled. And it's odd that for the strongest film in the series, Lucas took a back seat and let so many others drive. Look what happened once he took total control of the prequels. Nice going, fat neck.
    Oops, you are correct. I completely misread that.

Oops, you are correct. I completely misread that.
    Trust me. I'm with you on Empire. I guess after Lucas had a budget, he was able to step up the effects. First film was great, but had a bit of that "home made" feeling to it. Which is fine. I'll definitely take that to any of the cr*p he put out over the past ten years.

I enjoyed some aspects of Episode III, but he got away from telling a fun story to simply filling the screen with a bunch of visual candy.

Much like Avatar, really.

The core of actors from the original three episodes were so far and above, also. Or, maybe it was the writing itself, I don't know.

Thom Morrow is offline B-Ticket Holder

How about live interactive holographic "avatars". Bring it.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast