Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Avatar...What's the big deal? in the News & Rumors forums; Well to each is own but as I said earlier I can go through life being that cynical. But if some of you can then I fell a tad sorry ...
    DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Avatar...What's the big deal?

Well to each is own but as I said earlier I can go through life being that cynical. But if some of you can then I fell a tad sorry for you.
    WDW Radio Android App.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

How old are you? I think that has a bearing on this. I was privileged to visit WDW in the late 70s & early 80s. That was the high-water mark as far as I'm concerned. Since the mid to late 90s I've seen a consistent downgrade of attractions, upkeep, and service. Is it cynical to notice and then comment on that? You have a right to believe whatever you want but I know Disney used to be much more creative and daring than they currently are.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    No. You must never EVER question a Disney decision, nor should you ever blast them in public, especially here on the forums.

Jesus, sometimes I feel like I'm in that Roddy Piper movie, "They Live."
    "I've got one that can see!"
    Sorry for the bad 80's reference, but I think it sums up my (and a select handful of others around here) pretty well.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by DAR View Post
    But at some point it became tiresome to see fanboys and fangirls judge everything negatively just because it was the hip thing to do.
    Frankly I'm a little offended by your comments. I NEVER say anything negative about Disney. Never. I love pretty much every ride, I don't complain about trips, I'm only 25 and started going when I was 13 and I don't remember any of the old stuff so I don't complain about "the good ol' days"... and you're making it seem like I'm not allowed to have an opinion? Why would I think it's hip to bash Disney? I'm having a (lightly) Disney themed wedding, do you know how many people think I'm super lame? This is the ONE time I have a (very, very popular opinion) that this isn't going to work out so well for Disney and it's not something I'm dying to see, and you're trying to make me feel like my opinion doesn't matter because I'm just arguing on the internet because that's "what I do".

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Gosh, I feel like I need supernova to vouch for me on this one, I think I've gotten into more than a few discussions on these forums where he thinks negatively of something Disney and I'm signing it's praises. I'm pretty sure he's been annoyed by how positive I am by everything Disney haha. It's not just "cynics and fanboys" who think this is a bad idea, and again by the comments on the Disney Parks Blog its the majority opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Sorry for the bad 80's reference, but I think it sums up my (and a select handful of others around here) pretty well.
    I totally got your reference. I actually saw that movie in a theater when it first came out. (longest fight scene I've ever seen...PUT ON THE GLASSES)

Last edited by MartianCrab; 09-26-2011 at 05:37 PM.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

One of the longest and most pointless fight scenes ever. To think the bloody noses could have been avoided by simply putting on sun glasses.

Creepy old bag.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

...I'm all outta bubblegum.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Ah, I say one of the greatest fight scenes in cinema history! It was so bad it was awesome.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 awesome!

I believe they reenacted the fight (punch for punch) on an episode of South Park.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

I'm not saying I think it will be rubbish, in fact I too am pretty sure Disney and the imagineers will make it into something wonderful that people will enjoy. Just not a fan of the scope of the project or the property as a new craze, nor am I buying into it being a lasting asset based on the franchise by name. Perhaps in time they could slowly phase out the Avatar theme and retool the land using more or less the same area to something more relevant should Avatar begin to fade out.

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Pixie Hollow? Avatarland? 2 swings and 2 misses.
    Hyperion Wharf?

Steeeerike 3!

bigthundermicky is offline C-Ticket Holder

Everyone is obviously entitled to their opinion. No one is disputing that. It seems that there is just an air of automatic negativity. To judge negatively before a blueprint is leaked onto the net, is silly. To automatically judge negatively especially if you've never seen Avatar is presumptuous. I am old enough to have lived through the 70's and 80's at WDW. I think Disney will always reinvent themselves. Some people will love it and some wont. I hope the Avatar land is awesome. If it's not, well so be it. I just think Disney has got it right so many more times then wrong.

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    Frankly I'm a little offended by your comments. I NEVER say anything negative about Disney. Never. I love pretty much every ride, I don't complain about trips, I'm only 25 and started going when I was 13 and I don't remember any of the old stuff so I don't complain about "the good ol' days"... and you're making it seem like I'm not allowed to have an opinion? Why would I think it's hip to bash Disney? I'm having a (lightly) Disney themed wedding, do you know how many people think I'm super lame? This is the ONE time I have a (very, very popular opinion) that this isn't going to work out so well for Disney and it's not something I'm dying to see, and you're trying to make me feel like my opinion doesn't matter because I'm just arguing on the internet because that's "what I do".

I'm referring to Supernova and Martian Crab who never have anything positive say. In no way was I ever referring to you.
    WDW Radio Android App.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast