Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Avatar...What's the big deal? in the News & Rumors forums; Well, minus the crapsandwich part :P...
    zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Avatar...What's the big deal?

Well, minus the crapsandwich part :P
    Last edited by zippitydoodah; 09-27-2011 at 05:37 PM.

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Like whatever you want. Just don't tell me to like it too.

I never said that.
    WDW Radio Android App.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    Yep, thats my point entirely. Even if they do an amazing job on this area (which, I am going to wait and see before I make comments on), it doesn't mean its going to draw a ton of people in. Why create something when there's pretty much no excitement at the idea? If they're going to do something amazing, why not change it to something that will draw in non-Disney fans (as well as Disney fans?)? Maybe they could also create a really well-themed, awesome area of the park based on JUST STITCH, but would that make people all around the world go "oh boy, I'm for SURE going to Disney World now!" Probably not...
    These guys are paid big bucks to (try to) make amazing things happen at the parks. Luxo, Jr "animatronic"? Stupid idea. They spend tons of $$ on free-roaming animatronics and they just box 'em up. Any blind man can see that the carnival area doesn't belong in Animal Kingdom. And the jokes in the dinosaur area don't make a bit of sense unless you know the fictitious back story that Rohde and friends created (for whatever the helI reason). Brilliant minds put that god-awful carnival in the middle of the park. It's ugly, but the average guest doesn't care. Ooh look! Carnival games like ones we can play anywhere else, only triple the price! Let's play! It doesn't stop people from going to AK, and it clearly doesn't stop people from visiting the land.

Avatar might be done well. I still contend that it would be better placed elsewhere. I don't see many people setting their GPS to Disney World for a big blue creature meet n' greet. But, as was pointed out earlier, they scrapped the pixie nonsense (yeah, that was going to do well anyway) because of public consensus. Hyperion Wharf? I don't think they had a solid plan there, just some nonsense that looked great in paintings. So what do they do? Eh, throw a bowling alley/arcade in there instead. Problem solved. Let's just hope that the Imagineers stop listening to the one guy who sold the rest of the company on Avatar being the most brilliant idea ever to steal guests away from Harry Potter town and approach this the right way.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by DAR View Post
    I never said that.
    No, you just said we weren't entitled to our negative opinions. We can, however have your cheery opinion.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

DAR

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    No, you just said we weren't entitled to our negative opinions. We can, however have your cheery opinion.
    You know the guy that runs this website, Lou somebody he kind has a cheery opinion about things. He also mentioned on the Newscast about the wait and see approach. Just thought you'd like to know.
    WDW Radio Android App.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

You know the guy that runs this website, Lou somebody he kind has a cheery opinion about things. He also mentioned on the Newscast about the wait and see approach. Just thought you'd like to know.
    ...and he's also kind of dependent on maintaining goodwill between himself and the Walt Disney Company....so what's your point?
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

DAR

Well he could easily take the approach of the majority of Disney sites and just focus on the negative but he hasn't. It's a refereshing approach to Disney Fandom.
    WDW Radio Android App.

I swear on the subway I'm about to ride home on this evening that I have never once listened to Lou's podcast. Never a single episode. So I can't vouch for his opinion on anything.

Still, beyond your "Everyone's entitled to my opinion" opinion... you think it might be the greatest thing ever, I think it might be a misplaced waste of space. How does that make either of us right or wrong? We're not saying you are wrong for wanting it to come out great, so no need to bash those of an alternate opinion. I guess counter-opinions are counter-productive.

Point was made about Stitch, I'll make one, too. I am not, nor have I ever been, a fan of Aerosmith. Over-rated sell-out band, and Steven Tyler proved that by joining that silly talent-show show that he's on now. So having bad Aerosmith songs pumped into my brain on a roller coaster isn't the draw or appeal for the ride to me. Just an unfortunate reality that I have to deal with if I want to ride Rock n' Roller Coaster. I still don't see how a band has anything to do with movie magic, but it's in DHS, so whatever. Anyway, it's a popular ride, but I don't know how much of that is based on the music. Nor do I see Aerosmith fan clubs making annual pilgrimages there, so that isn't a huge draw, either. But the ride itself is a great experience, music aside.

We're not saying that the Imagineers won't come up with an awesome immersive land. I just question the entire premise, and need, to base it on Avatar.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Well he could easily take the approach of the majority of Disney sites and just focus on the negative but he hasn't. It's a refereshing approach to Disney Fandom.
    It's his site so I need to agree with him? Is that your point?

OK.

...welcome mediocrity.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    It's his site so I need to agree with him? Is that your point? OK.
    Yes. Or else he'll send you to bed without any dessert. Or his podcast.

DAR

I swear on the subway I'm about to ride home on this evening that I have never once listened to Lou's podcast. Never a single episode. So I can't vouch for his opinion on anything.

Still, beyond your "Everyone's entitled to my opinion" opinion... you think it might be the greatest thing ever, I think it might be a misplaced waste of space. How does that make either of us right or wrong? We're not saying you are wrong for wanting it to come out great, so no need to bash those of an alternate opinion. I guess counter-opinions are counter-productive.

Point was made about Stitch, I'll make one, too. I am not, nor have I ever been, a fan of Aerosmith. Over-rated sell-out band, and Steven Tyler proved that by joining that silly talent-show show that he's on now. So having bad Aerosmith songs pumped into my brain on a roller coaster isn't the draw or appeal for the ride to me. Just an unfortunate reality that I have to deal with if I want to ride Rock n' Roller Coaster. I still don't see how a band has anything to do with movie magic, but it's in DHS, so whatever. Anyway, it's a popular ride, but I don't know how much of that is based on the music. Nor do I see Aerosmith fan clubs making annual pilgrimages there, so that isn't a huge draw, either. But the ride itself is a great experience, music aside.

We're not saying that the Imagineers won't come up with an awesome immersive land. I just question the entire premise, and need, to base it on Avatar.

Once again I never said anyone was "entitled to my opinion" but believe what you want.
    WDW Radio Android App.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Well, my take on it is this. I'll wait and see what WDI can do with Avatar BUT my opinion is Avatar is not yet a proven commodity to build a whole land on. A single ride would be fine. There was one movie that was an alright movie to watch at home. I never saw it in 3D at the theater or Omnimax.

It doesn't belong in AK nut Supernova is right neither does the roadside carnival. To me AK is best a top notch zoo that claims to be a theme park. And barely a half day one at that.

Maybe this was done so Disney could get their hands on Cameron's technology or access to his ideas. I don't know. Honestly I don't care. Disney has to evolve. My opinion is they got caught with their pants down over Harry Potter land and they are playing catch up now. I just don't think Avatar is a challenge to Harry Potter, especially if Universal expands HPland like the rumors say.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Shhhhh. Not so loud, ohiodisneydad! Keep voicing those opinions and you're liable to be sent to bed without dessert or a podcast.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I still don't see how a band has anything to do with movie magic, but it's in DHS, so whatever. Anyway, it's a popular ride...
    Interesting, isn't it?

DAR

Shhhhh. Not so loud, ohiodisneydad! Keep voicing those opinions and you're liable to be sent to bed without dessert or a podcast.
    I. Never. Said. This. Would. Be. The. Greatest. Most. Awesome. And. Revolutionary. Thing. Ever. I. Also. Didn't. Say. It. Would. Be. A. Waste. Of. Space. And. The. Worst. Thing. Ever. I. Have. Said. We. Have. No. Idea. What. This. Will. Entail. All. They. Have. Done. Is. Announce. The. Project.
    WDW Radio Android App.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast