Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Fast Pass the Parade? in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by BamaJenn I think I see where you're going... maybe the test with the FPs isn't so much to test using FPs for parades but to test to ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Fast Pass the Parade?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I think I see where you're going... maybe the test with the FPs isn't so much to test using FPs for parades but to test to see if there is enough desire for a reserved spot that implementing a "lunch and the parade" thing would work.
    Yes Ma'am.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

It's simple, just like every other fastpass. No one is forcing you to get one.

Every major city parade, Thanksgiving, Christmas etc. has reserved seating. What's less stressful, picking up a fastpass, then coming back hours later to a reserved seat, or waiting for 90 minutes then have the joy of a family asking you if their child can move in front of you, because after all, WDW is for kids, and before you know it Mom, Dad, auntie and the grandparents of the precious spawn are all budding in front of you. It's either you let them in, or everyone think's you're an ***.

I'll take my fastpass and wave at you behind me, thank you very much.

And for those whining about spontaneity, how has the current fastpass rides ruined spontaneity? Personally I'd rather get a fastpass than wait in line for a couple hours of "spontaneity".

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Hmmmm....thought more, they could be setting up a reserved section and then offer it to folks like Fantasmic, lunch and a show but in this case a sit down dinner and a parade. They could generate revenue that way. After you can pay for the dessert to watch Wishes.
    The only way they make money on this is if the restaurant's weren't full to begin with. There simply aren't many empty tables at Magic Kingdom restaurants.

Then again, this could work in conjunction with the new Fantasyland restaurants. A "Be our Guest" package.

Why is it bad for Disney to make money? They ARE a business, and no one's forcing you to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by DVCDad View Post

And for those whining about spontaneity, how has the current fastpass rides ruined spontaneity? Personally I'd rather get a fastpass than wait in line for a couple hours of "spontaneity".
    Wow!

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

The only way they make money on this is if the restaurant's weren't full to begin with. There simply aren't many empty tables at Magic Kingdom restaurants.

Then again, this could work in conjunction with the new Fantasyland restaurants. A "Be our Guest" package.

Why is it bad for Disney to make money? They ARE a business, and no one's forcing you to get one.
    Wow again! Guess you aren't interested in the facts that have been learned. Okie Dokie
    Rant on.

Wow again! Guess you aren't interested in the facts that have been learned. Okie Dokie
    Rant on.

You still haven't said what these "lessons" are? I fail to see hy something optional that some people want is a bad thing.
    Last edited by DVCDad; 10-22-2011 at 07:30 AM.

The Wow is the tone of your posts, I am not accustomed to that on WDW Radio. FYI- We are generally a tad more respectful when we disagree or debate a topic. We have many children on these threads and Lou set it up as a Family sight. We try anyhow to keep our posts free of personal insults.

You are trying to change the subject of the thread, a specific fastpass for a parade vs fastpasses in general. Totally different topics.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I agree with you Haunted Gabe... I don't think I need every second of my day reserved.

The Wow is the tone of your posts, I am not accustomed to that on WDW Radio. FYI- We are generally a tad more respectful when we disagree or debate a topic. We have many children on these threads and Lou set it up as a Family sight. We try anyhow to keep our posts free of personal insults.

You are trying to change the subject of the thread, a specific fastpass for a parade vs fastpasses in general. Totally different topics.
    Sorry, I wasn't changing the topic on purpose, just a long day.

AS for the parade fast passes, again, if you don't want them, don't use them.

If everyone in the park would line up nicely and neatly along the parade route, first come, first serve, then there would be little need for this. Unfortunately, there are always those that feel that they are number one, and everyone else is a mere barrier to their Disney enjoyment.

AS for the parade fast passes, again, if you don't want them, don't use them.
    OK, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Celebrate A Dream Come True news - FASTPASS test for 'Celebrate A Dream Come True' parade

The Magic Kingdom is set to carry out a limited trial of offering FASTPASS for a reserved viewing area for the afternoon parade "Celebrate A Dream Come True". The test is expected to run from early next week to mid November, with FASTPASS tickets being given out at random to guests earlier in the day. The viewing area will be in front of the castle.

Not sure how I feel about this. Soon you won't be able to do anything spur-of-the-moment during your vacation.
    Hey Jenn, this was from Walt Disney World Update this morning!

This week, the Magic Kingdom begins a one-month test of Fastpass tickets for a restricted-access viewing area for the Celebrate a Dream Come True parade.There's no word yet on how the passes will be distributed yet. However, this appears to be another aspect of the Next Generation Initiative, where guests will eventually be able to schedule their entire trip in advance, from attractions to meals to character visits to parade viewing.

Hey Jenn, this was from Walt Disney World Update this morning!

This week, the Magic Kingdom begins a one-month test of Fastpass tickets for a restricted-access viewing area for the Celebrate a Dream Come True parade.There's no word yet on how the passes will be distributed yet. However, this appears to be another aspect of the Next Generation Initiative, where guests will eventually be able to schedule their entire trip in advance, from attractions to meals to character visits to parade viewing.
    What update is this from? An email newsletter?

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

...Next Generation Initiative, where guests will eventually be able to schedule their entire trip in advance, from attractions to meals to character visits to parade viewing.
    I guess by the time I'm taking my grandchildren, you'll no longer be able to just plan a day to go and go. I guess they'll always have to have to options else there'll be no point in offering things like APs but still... that would mean that unless you chose the option to literally reserve everything you do, you're waiting longer for each "thing" as they let all the people who did on ahead of you.

For me... it's less the "spontanity factor" and more the ability to BE spontaneous. Let me explain: If I grab a fast pass for a ride, I obviously can then chose to not use it but, if I have scheduled out every aspect of my day, it's likely that there is no room for error. It's even more likely that the systems will all be connected meaning that if I have scheduled myself for the parade, just as is true with rides, I won't be able to hold two FPs for the same time. So... I've "reserved" the parade but my family decides they don't want to do it or let's say it's pouring rain... now what? I can't just go get into a non-FP line because I have a FP already reserved for when the parade would've ended and the line may put me past that time. So now I've missed 2 rides in favor of standing around for the next thing I've reserved. Oh and I can't spent that time eating because I've already reserved my space in line for a Mickey Ice Cream (yes I know they haven't announced FPs for QS but you see where I'm going).

It just seems like Disney is helping to create an environment that is less about enjoying a magical day with your family and more about go go go go go (which, to me at least, is what up to this point, has separated Disney from every other theme park).
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Giggle. With my luck I'd schedule my mid-day break for a dip in the pool during a thunderstorm and my itinerary would not allow me to alter the pool allowance time due to scheduling conflicts.

Last week Illuminations during EMH went off very very late do to mechanical issues. Wonder what happens then.......

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

The only way I ever "fast pass" a parade is to quickly walk past it. I'm just not a parade person. If anything, I'll walk the opposite direction of the parade along the route, just to see it faster. But if I've already seen it, what's the point of sitting through it again? I'd rather use the time to ride attractions while people are engrossed in the parade. So I'm all for whatever is going to rope people into the parade or make it easier for them to see it. I love the nuts who feel the need to grab a spot a full hour or more before a parade starts, just to get a "good seat". Thanks, idiots. Now talk a few more people into doing that with you to lighten the crowds in other areas of the park. Nice
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast