Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Fast Pass the Parade? in the News & Rumors forums; I still have no idea why this stops spontaneity. If you want to get fast passes, do so. If not, then don't. It's a choice. Me having a fast pass ...
    DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Fast Pass the Parade?

I still have no idea why this stops spontaneity. If you want to get fast passes, do so. If not, then don't. It's a choice. Me having a fast pass in no way effects your sponaneity.

You know there are already plan every second of your day commando people out there now, and this would help them. Personally I don't find the idea of that style of visiting enjoyable, but some people do. If you're not that type of person, than it's not an issue for you at all. Fast passes make the non-fast pass lines quicker as well, so everyone benefits.

Personally, if seeing a parade was important to me, a fastpass for a reserved seat would be even better than one for an attraction. Guests wait in lines for attractions, but it's a free-for-all for parade viewing.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by DVCDad View Post
    Personally, if seeing a parade was important to me, a fastpass for a reserved seat would be even better than one for an attraction. Guests wait in lines for attractions, but it's a free-for-all for parade viewing.
    Well, sure. The queue area is quite limited. The parade route winds through a good portion of the park and can accommodate many more people.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Well, sure. The queue area is quite limited. The parade route winds through a good portion of the park and can accommodate many more people.
    It's not the number of people I'm worried about, it's the fact that people are orderly in a queue, whereas no matter how long you wait beforehand in a spot for a parade, there's always a chance of someone attempting to push in front of you. If you've watched a number of parades, be it in Disney or your local Christmas parade, I'm sure it's happened to most people. If seeing the parade is a number one priority to you (wouldn't be for me, but for some people yes), then having a reserved seating option would be nice.

It's not the number of people I'm worried about, it's the fact that people are orderly in a queue, whereas no matter how long you wait beforehand in a spot for a parade, there's always a chance of someone attempting to push in front of you.
    And that someone is me. I honestly don't have time to stand around for an hour waiting for a parade.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

And that someone is me. I honestly don't have time to stand around for an hour waiting for a parade.
    There's nothing wrong with not wanting to wait to get a good spot for a parade, but God help you, or anyone else for that matter, if you try to move in front of me. Reserved seating would aleviate that from happening.

2kydisneyfans is offline B-Ticket Holder

My family got to be one of the first families to get to do this on Monday. It was really great to have the spot right in front of the castle. Made it even special for my great nephew of 2 to be right there so he could enjoy the parade without having to sit there forever. You all know what it's like with 2 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by 2kydisneyfans View Post
    My family got to be one of the first families to get to do this on Monday. It was really great to have the spot right in front of the castle. Made it even special for my great nephew of 2 to be right there so he could enjoy the parade without having to sit there forever. You all know what it's like with 2 year olds.
    Great to hear. Did you just get them handed to you at random, or were there cast members that were obviously handing them out?

2kydisneyfans is offline B-Ticket Holder

They were at the front just handing them out randomly. It is on a trial run for 2 weeks to see how everyone likes it. Then they will see if it is something that they want to do. The section is right at the hub so it's a perfect place to watch the parade.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

I still have no idea why this stops spontaneity. If you want to get fast passes, do so. If not, then don't. It's a choice. Me having a fast pass in no way effects your sponaneity.
    The more that is available to FP, the more difficult it becomes for those who chose not to get FPs to do just about anything. Sure it's great for people who want to plan everything (and to be honest I'm one of those people) but for every FP given out for anything (ride, food, parade, etc.), the wait time for those chosing not to plan every bit of their day gets longer and the ability to get into and/or see things gets lower and lower.

In other words, it's not the getting of FPs that stops the spontaneity but rather the fact that soon, in order to do everything you want to do and truly have the best seat in the house etc. you'll have to FP and no longer will be able to be spontaneous. Maybe better put: Those who want to be spontaneous will soon no longer be able to if they want to have any chance in doing everything they desire.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

I love the nuts who feel the need to grab a spot a full hour or more before a parade starts, just to get a "good seat". Thanks, idiots. Now talk a few more people into doing that with you to lighten the crowds in other areas of the park. Nice
    There are many people on these forums who do this. I don't think it's fair to call them nuts or idiots, it's just how they chose to enjoy their vacation. Different than your way of thinking does not necessarily equal wrong.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    There are many people on these forums who do this. I don't think it's fair to call them nuts or idiots, it's just how they chose to enjoy their vacation. Different than your way of thinking does not necessarily equal wrong.
    I'm honestly at a loss on what else to call them. We're talking about people who willingly sit on an empty curb for an hour or more, just to watch a parade that I can practically guarantee they've already seen, possibly during that same trip. First-time guests who don't know any better, I can understand. Maybe. I liken it to the people who mindlessly flock to Fantasmic a full hour and a half to two hours before the show because they heard on the room TV station that they needed to get there a week before to get a seat. Hmm... ride some rides or sit in a slowly-filling up amphitheater two hours before the show is going to start. Tough one.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I'll try and take a stab at what Jenn is trying to communicate. I believe she is trying to say you don't have to "call" them anything. It isn't necessary to get your point across.

If we lean back in the day to our college comp classes, if you substitute Guest for Nut, you still get the point across politely. If you just delete the Thanks Idiots the following sentence still stands on its own.

I actually lean toward your way of touring. Only rarely watching a parade. I know in the MK, we try and hit Splash, Thunder and HH during the afternoon parade. Skipping the parade has indeed helped our families touring.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Sometimes it's just more fun that way. It's sheer maddening lunacy. But, to each his own. Again, the more people cramming themselves into Fantasmic at 5:30 for an 8pm show, the shorter the lines for dinner and rides.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    The more that is available to FP, the more difficult it becomes for those who chose not to get FPs to do just about anything. Sure it's great for people who want to plan everything (and to be honest I'm one of those people) but for every FP given out for anything (ride, food, parade, etc.), the wait time for those chosing not to plan every bit of their day gets longer and the ability to get into and/or see things gets lower and lower.

In other words, it's not the getting of FPs that stops the spontaneity but rather the fact that soon, in order to do everything you want to do and truly have the best seat in the house etc. you'll have to FP and no longer will be able to be spontaneous. Maybe better put: Those who want to be spontaneous will soon no longer be able to if they want to have any chance in doing everything they desire.
    That is simply, as well as statistically untrue. Fast passing an attraction makes the lines shorter for the non-fastpass lines, because all the people that HAVE fast passes aren't in those lines. It makes it easier, not harder for every guest, whether you're a fast pass user or not.

Please stop it with "the sky is falling" doomsday, Disney wants to make you plan every second of your trip whether you want to or not. It's simply not true, and it's beginning to sound a tad silly. Fast passes are merely tools to help ease up lines, nothing more, nothing less. They don't stop non users from doing anything.

If you REALLY want to know the science of fast passes:

http://www.stanford.edu/~yaoxie/MCM2004_B.pdf
    Last edited by DVCDad; 10-26-2011 at 07:23 AM.

This is a place to share opinions and in none of my opinions have I stated an opinion was incorrect. You on the other hand are directly insulting my intelligence which, not only do I not appreciate but it is not something anyone here, moderators included, take kindly too. I am entitled to my opinion, based on experience and personal preference, Standford University statistical data or not.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast