Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Fast Pass the Parade? in the News & Rumors forums; Celebrate A Dream Come True news - FASTPASS test for 'Celebrate A Dream Come True' parade The Magic Kingdom is set to carry out a limited trial of offering FASTPASS ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Fast Pass the Parade?

Celebrate A Dream Come True news - FASTPASS test for 'Celebrate A Dream Come True' parade

The Magic Kingdom is set to carry out a limited trial of offering FASTPASS for a reserved viewing area for the afternoon parade "Celebrate A Dream Come True". The test is expected to run from early next week to mid November, with FASTPASS tickets being given out at random to guests earlier in the day. The viewing area will be in front of the castle.

Not sure how I feel about this. Soon you won't be able to do anything spur-of-the-moment during your vacation.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Fast Pass the Parade?

Well this is fitting nicely into my thoughts about free Wifi and project X fast pass that we have been debating on the Wifi thread.

I am with you, spur of the moment is going to be extinct at this rate. Other than an area for people with disabilities to view the parade, is this really necessary? Whats next, they will serve dessert and you'll have to pay to view the parade from a prime viewing area?

I'll miss touring the parks the way I did when my kids were small.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

I don't know how this is a viable experiment when they're being given out at random. If it were to happen to me, I'd decline and say "I don't know if I want to go to the parade yet or not. It's still 4 hours away!"
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

dont know how i feel about this.

i would rather see a special area for people with disabilities to see the parade.

ive never had a problem finding a spot to see the parade before along the route.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

I've never really liked the idea of Fastpass to begin with. Rides are one thing though, but I don't think it should ever be offered for a parade, show, fireworks, etc.

Campbell87 is offline A-Ticket holder

It would feel very weird getting a fastpass for a parade - I like staking out my spot and chatting with the people around me!

Hmmmm....thought more, they could be setting up a reserved section and then offer it to folks like Fantasmic, lunch and a show but in this case a sit down dinner and a parade. They could generate revenue that way. After you can pay for the dessert to watch Wishes.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

but then again...what if the parade is rained out? if they offer it like a paid package...people would not be happy.

if it is kept free just a FP then it rains, no problem....

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

I'm not crazy about the daytime parades anyway so if someone else wants it fine.
    WDW Radio Android App.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore79 View Post
    but then again...what if the parade is rained out? if they offer it like a paid package...people would not be happy.

if it is kept free just a FP then it rains, no problem....
    People are not happy when Fantasmic gets cancelled for rain either but Disney still offers it and guests keep making reservations for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    People are not happy when Fantasmic gets cancelled for rain either but Disney still offers it and guests keep making reservations for it.
    this is true...i still dont understand why they would want to fastpass the parade?

I think I see where you're going... maybe the test with the FPs isn't so much to test using FPs for parades but to test to see if there is enough desire for a reserved spot that implementing a "lunch and the parade" thing would work.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I think I see where you're going... maybe the test with the FPs isn't so much to test using FPs for parades but to test to see if there is enough desire for a reserved spot that implementing a "lunch and the parade" thing would work.
    Though the fact that they are giving them out randomly and not like true FPs sort of kills that because they couldn't accurately gauge "desire" that way. Got me thinking though. Maybe there is some sort of motive that would make sense (vs. this not making sense ).

Though the fact that they are giving them out randomly and not like true FPs sort of kills that because they couldn't accurately gauge "desire" that way. Got me thinking though. Maybe there is some sort of motive that would make sense (vs. this not making sense ).

guess well have to wait and see what happens....

As I looked into it a little deeper the current set up is for reserved area. Since this is the initial and temporary trial Disney is handing them out vs using a machine. This way during the trial the Guest doesn't have to give up a attraction FP to be a guinea pig for the parade trial.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast