Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss This looks awesome. in the News & Rumors forums; Can't wait. Walt Disney Imagineers Install Nemo Icons at Disney?s Art of Animation Resort Disney Parks Blog...
    Ayhab is offline D-Ticket Holder

This looks awesome.

Ayhab the Arab
    It's amazing to think that this all started with one little mouse.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: This looks awesome.

We saw the hotel being built a couple of weeks ago and they are really making progress on it!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Coming along nicely.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I'm still wondering if this is the hotel I stumbled upon last year around this time. We were driving on property and made a few wrong turns. Came out behind a daycare center and a few other employee-only areas. Down the road was a new hotel, nothing identifying anywhere, and they were building up the front entrance to the land. Would be interesting if this is what I saw at that time.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I haven't bothered reading anything about the hotel, and as a DVC member, I can't see myself ever staying here. So the interest level is pretty low. With that said, I'm not sure how this is very different from the All Star Movies hotel?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I'm not sure how this is very different from the All Star Movies hotel?
    Mainly, it's the fact that most of the rooms with be suites for larger families. Majority of the rooms will sleep 6-8 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    Mainly, it's the fact that most of the rooms with be suites for larger families. Majority of the rooms will sleep 6-8 I believe.
    Now THAT is something Disney's hotels could use.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I do find it a bit concerning that an entire resort is dedicated to large groups... Shouldn't each resort have just a larger percentage of family suites...?
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

If it's the ENTIRE resort being dedicated to large groups, then I'm all for awful bus service for this resort. This way, the parks will be a bit emptier as these people are waiting for their bus.

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Please tell me Pop Century has a separate bus...
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    If it's the ENTIRE resort being dedicated to large groups, then I'm all for awful bus service for this resort. This way, the parks will be a bit emptier as these people are waiting for their bus.
    Suites for larger groups are not the entire resort but a chunk. This was the abandoned Legendary years resort and multiple buildings were already up, just not finished off. They were clones of the Pop Buildings. I believe these will be the Little Mermaid buildings. The balance will be the family suites.

The hotel will feature apx. 2,000 new units, with 1,120 family suites and 864 standard rooms and is scheduled to open in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    Please tell me Pop Century has a separate bus...
    Hmmm....wonder don't you about buses. Originally when it was to be part of Pop, I bet like the two Port Orleans Resorts they would have shared buses (except MK) but now that the suites will hold families of 6 that becomes a bit more crowded. My thought is that they may share until more of the resort rooms comes online but who knows.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Being a family of five and DVC Member, I am REALLY excited for this resort.

In the past, we have run out of DVC points and stayed OOP on a few occasions. It will be nice to have another option for our family. Our past favorite 5-persons room was at Port Orleans - Riverside for the price and location to DTD. But, with the current renovations, they did away with the trundle bed and we can't legitimately put five people in the rooms anymore. Booooooo!

So, now our options are:
    DVC Villas
    Deluxe Resorts
    Disney's All-Star Music Resort Suites
    Disney's Art of Animation Resort Suites
    The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness

We are trying to save our DVC points for a Disneyland and Aulani trip. I honestly DO see us staying at the new Disney's Art of Animation Resort Suites within the next year or two. The pictures have me intrigued. I can't wait to see it in person.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

Quote Originally Posted by TXTaylors5 View Post
    Being a family of five and DVC Member, I am REALLY excited for this resort.

In the past, we have run out of DVC points and stayed OOP on a few occasions. It will be nice to have another option for our family. Our past favorite 5-persons room was at Port Orleans - Riverside for the price and location to DTD. But, with the current renovations, they did away with the trundle bed and we can't legitimately put five people in the rooms anymore. Booooooo!
    I tried asking for a roll-away be this past trip and was told "no" without any room for negotiation. We had to build a makeshift mattress out of every pillow we could find in the room. Even the pull-out bed's cushions are locked onto the couch.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

What?!

That's an outrage considering it's WDW.

PO-R is an excellent resort, but why are resorts doing away with roll-aways?