Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Disney's Special NYE surprise announcement in the News & Rumors forums; Oh Duh!!! This just struck me.......... Could Disney announce on NYE that the first phase of Fantasyland will open on Leap Day?...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Disney's Special NYE surprise announcement

Oh Duh!!! This just struck me..........

Could Disney announce on NYE that the first phase of Fantasyland will open on Leap Day?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Oh Duh!!! This just struck me..........

Could Disney announce on NYE that the first phase of Fantasyland will open on Leap Day?
    Well... they did say that the circus spot (though just the coaster, one dumbo and the train station) was opening in February. So... truthfully if that's the announcement I'll be disappointed because technically they already announced it.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Orlando Sentinel

New Year's Eve surprise rumored to be 24-hour parties for WDW, DL on Leap Day. Be a nice idea if that also was opening day for Phase I of Fantasyland.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

This sounds like typical Disney fashion... Hype an announcement that isnt all that worth the hype it gets... Sorry to sound cynical but we have all seen this all to often...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    This sounds like typical Disney fashion... Hype an announcement that isnt all that worth the hype it gets... Sorry to sound cynical but we have all seen this all to often...
    Yep, I lost faith in hyped announcements when the hyped announcement was for the 2011 theme of the year, which wasn't much of a new theme.
    Now if they manage to Wow me, I'll be pleasantly surprised. If it is just mega hype, they won't fool me twice.

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

probably won't be anything we already know about fantasyland
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    Absolutely. Brace yourselves for a major disappointment. Or don't. It's not like they haven't let us down countless times before. We should be used to it by now. In like a lion, out like a lamb.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I am not even going to get my hopes up for something good. I have low hopes for a new year long celebration or something that has to do with the whole year not just something that happens one day.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

My original thought was something to do with leap year....of course that could also be because I will be there at that time, so it is wishful thinking...I would love it if they would open Phase 1 of Fantasyland!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Just once we would lIke for one of these announcements to have substance... They have gotten better at the surprise announcements i.e. fantasyland that we weren't. Necessarily prepared for... But when they say "hey we wanna announce something..." I only wish it came out half as good...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

I don't think I even care about this annoucement anymore. Then again, I don't think I gave this any thought to begin with.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Now this is from Screamscape:

General Resort News - (12/13/11) The latest update over at JimHillMedia brings to light a new term to describe a new weapon in Disney’s closet that has been rumored for years, but could come to light in late 2012. Jim calls it the XPass… a new option for premium WDW vacation packages that would add in pre-planned FastPass options for attractions, reserved viewing areas for various shows and parades, and more. According to Jim, the new XPass will only be offered to guests saying at Disney’s top tier Deluxe Resorts at first, while they work out the kinks and integrate the concept into their already stacked to the brim tiered guests system. This kind of goes along with a previous rumor we had back on 10/31/11 where it was said that Disney management may be preparing to finally enforce the closing window time for FastPass guests, as now it seems obvious that FastPass guests will no longer the top tier once XPass comes into play.

Only thing left for Disney to do is start charging for use, along the lines of Universal's system.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Now this is from Screamscape:

General Resort News - (12/13/11) The latest update over at JimHillMedia brings to light a new term to describe a new weapon in Disney’s closet that has been rumored for years, but could come to light in late 2012. Jim calls it the XPass… a new option for premium WDW vacation packages that would add in pre-planned FastPass options for attractions, reserved viewing areas for various shows and parades, and more. According to Jim, the new XPass will only be offered to guests saying at Disney’s top tier Deluxe Resorts at first, while they work out the kinks and integrate the concept into their already stacked to the brim tiered guests system. This kind of goes along with a previous rumor we had back on 10/31/11 where it was said that Disney management may be preparing to finally enforce the closing window time for FastPass guests, as now it seems obvious that FastPass guests will no longer the top tier once XPass comes into play.
    I would hate to think that's going to be Disney's "big" announcement. It impacts guests who stay at the deluxe resorts. That's a much smaller population than guests staying in the other two tiers. Not to mention the camp grounds.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast