Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Disney's Special NYE surprise announcement in the News & Rumors forums; Mike... I'm with you on this... I don't think I even care about this announcement anymore... It most likely will be a disappointment... So I dont see th point in ...
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Disney's Special NYE surprise announcement

Mike... I'm with you on this... I don't think I even care about this announcement anymore... It most likely will be a disappointment... So I dont see th point in getting even remotely excited by it...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Do not get rid of wishes! Maybe longer park hours cos that video I saw floating about has alot of clocks in the video.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Only thing left for Disney to do is start charging for use, along the lines of Universal's system.
    Universal charges only for its guests staying off sight. On sight hotels, guests received better treatment than Disney On Sight guests. Unlimited fastpass.

I would hate to think that's going to be Disney's "big" announcement. It impacts guests who stay at the deluxe resorts. That's a much smaller population than guests staying in the other two tiers. Not to mention the camp grounds.
    Would hope not. If it is the parks stay open all night "guess" that too is such a narrow announcement, limited to those going to WDW on that particular day. To me, it would just be news.

Quote Originally Posted by petals3485 View Post
    Do not get rid of wishes! Maybe longer park hours cos that video I saw floating about has a lot of clocks in the video.
    Wishes is nice but like the parades they need a shot in the arm, it has been too long. Again this is a lot of Disney hype for any of our guesses.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I think it's time for a wishes upgrade...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Universal charges only for its guests staying off sight. On sight hotels, guests received better treatment than Disney On Sight guests. Unlimited fastpass.
    Yes. But. They sell a pass at the gate for anyone to use while there. Not necessary guests at their hotels but for anyone entering the parks. I didn't opt to pick up the pass and I was still fine with the lines. Walked on to everything except Jaws, and that line was only 5 minutes, if even that.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Yes. But. They sell a pass at the gate for anyone to use while there. Not necessary guests at their hotels but for anyone entering the parks. I didn't opt to pick up the pass and I was still fine with the lines. Walked on to everything except Jaws, and that line was only 5 minutes, if even that.
    It was also a notroriously slow week you were in Florida. Last time we stayed on Universal property it was Spring Break. Line for Jaws a tad bit more than 5 minutes. Portofino was beautiful and nice to go to the front of the line as often as we liked for staying on sight. Then we moved over to Disney when we were doing their parks.

We were able to do far more attractions per/hours in the parks at Universal bypassing lines than we were able to with Disney's fastpass system.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Just saw the "announcement" on Facebook. All I can say is... WTF???? THAT'S your big announcement? Leap year? Really? And one person a day wins some sort of nonsense. Yeah, we were right. Yet another disappointment from the Mouse and Friends. Yawn.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

MissMEY is offline C-Ticket Holder

It's bah humbug from me on this as I won't be able to get to parks on 29th and UK residents can't enter prize draw :-( So its a lose / lose thing for me but good on those who get to go and enjoy... Maybe Lou could take the box people out there for awhile?

Staying at Old Key West & cruising on the Disney Fantasy

HOST AT THE MINNIE MINXES DISNEY PODCAST
    An all-female Disney podcast from the UK

www.facebook.com/theminnieminxesdisneypodcast
    Our Blog http://theminnieminxes.blogspot.co.uk Our Twitter@theminnieminxes

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

I ca def. see why people are disappointed by that announcement, though I am thrilled since I am going to be there Feb. 29th anyway :-)

My cousin who works for Disney has known about it for about 5 months and couldn't tell anyone (obviously). We spoke today, we will be gearing up for an all nighter in the parks! I don't think it is going to draw a huge crowd like I have seen various posts on FB suggesting since it is a Wednesday and locals have school and work.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    It was also a notroriously slow week you were in Florida. Last time we stayed on Universal property it was Spring Break. Line for Jaws a tad bit more than 5 minutes. Portofino was beautiful and nice to go to the front of the line as often as we liked for staying on sight. Then we moved over to Disney when we were doing their parks.

We were able to do far more attractions per/hours in the parks at Universal bypassing lines than we were able to with Disney's fastpass system.
    When I say I walked on to nearly everything, it was crazy. I pulled into the parking lot at Universal for about 11:30 and I was leaving at around 3:30. Had to get back to the Villas at Wilderness Lodge to shower, change, and leave for the Christmas party that night. Here was the "line" for the Simpson's ride. It was my first time riding it and the first ride I visited, after taking some character pictures on the way in. I figure it had to be about 12:15 or so when I got there:

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

I will be there! I can't wait
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

As we all suspected... Another disappointment... When will we all just learn...? Probably never because we all wanna be the first to hear something major... Nowadays those are just random announcements... I'm not complaining but I just wish that one of these "major" announcements would amount to something major... Guess we will just have to wait it out till the next one...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

And now every single cast member has just asked for the 29th off
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    And now every single cast member has just asked for the 29th off
    Because lord knows, Disney ain't payin' overtime.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charming View Post
    The 5th park. ?????
    Didn't read every post, so I apologize if this has already been mentioned.

But, I'd be tickled pink if they announced that they were going to finally repair the 2nd park!

A fifth gate at this point would be a rather dismal confession that they've completely given up on the second gate.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast