Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Test Track 2012 Update in the News & Rumors forums; Another added item...Fastpass users won't get to design their own cars...they will only choose from a set of pre-designed cars....
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: Test Track 2012 Update

Another added item...Fastpass users won't get to design their own cars...they will only choose from a set of pre-designed cars.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Caribbean Lady is offline Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas

Just saw the Disney Parks Blog that released concept art this morning: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...rack-at-epcot/

To be quite honest, I'm not a fan! Sure it looks cool, but this doesn't look anything like testing ground like the old one did, and isn't that the whole point of the ride? I understand the ride is subject to changes especially with a new sponsor, and the changes certainly fit into future world, but I just don't think keeps the storyline they want.

I'll just have to wait and see! It's Disney, and it'll probably end up winning me over in the end anyway!
    tale as old as time...

It's official... I'm too far away from the Magic
    When you wish upon a star...

It seems they are taking the overall "vehicle testing" theme away, and substituting a more design-focused theme, most of which is actually done in the virtual world, hence the concept art.

Which does seem like a name change is in order, since it is less about an actual test track.

I may just start calling it "Test TRON", or "TRON Track"....
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

Caribbean Lady is offline Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    It seems they are taking the overall "vehicle testing" theme away, and substituting a more design-focused theme, most of which is actually done in the virtual world, hence the concept art.

Which does seem like a name change is in order, since it is less about an actual test track.
    That makes sense - design rather than testing... but if that is the case, a name change really should be done!
    tale as old as time...

It's official... I'm too far away from the Magic
    When you wish upon a star...

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Another added item...Fastpass users won't get to design their own cars...they will only choose from a set of pre-designed cars.
    I would be competely fine with that. I don't much care what my little ride car thingie looks like. Once I'm inside, I'm not worried about what the outside of my car looks like. I'm not one of those dopey people who enters Dumbo and HAS to run for a certain color hat. Get inside, buckle up, and stop with your ADD. If they suddenly changed the TTA cars to gray, you will have people crying that they altered the ride and now the experience isn't the same anymore. You know what? It is. Now get on and stop your whining.

But back to your point, if the 'experience' that they're adding is designing cars, it sounds as if it's going to be more a way to amuse people during the queue. Or perhaps they'll redesign to throw in more staging areas as a way to keep guests less focused on being bored while standing in line. God knows those games in the Space Mountain queue don't do a very good job of that. And it takes a while to get there. And once you ARE there you don't have very far to go anyway. So the one thing that comes to mind now is that it might become something like the way they're running Stitch now. One staging room leads to another, etc.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I would be competely fine with that. I don't much care what my little ride car thingie looks like. Once I'm inside, I'm not worried about what the outside of my car looks like. I'm not one of those dopey people who enters Dumbo and HAS to run for a certain color hat. Get inside, buckle up, and stop with your ADD. If they suddenly changed the TTA cars to gray, you will have people crying that they altered the ride and now the experience isn't the same anymore. You know what? It is. Now get on and stop your whining.

But back to your point, if the 'experience' that they're adding is designing cars, it sounds as if it's going to be more a way to amuse people during the queue. Or perhaps they'll redesign to throw in more staging areas as a way to keep guests less focused on being bored while standing in line. God knows those games in the Space Mountain queue don't do a very good job of that. And it takes a while to get there. And once you ARE there you don't have very far to go anyway. So the one thing that comes to mind now is that it might become something like the way they're running Stitch now. One staging room leads to another, etc.
    there are some cry babies that hardley go to disney at all. im not puting this to the people that go on spring break on this website, because you know more then the people that arent on this website.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

FYI-Disney has very quietly changed the completion date of Test Track. It will now be closed through November, maybe coming online, maybe in December. Missing its own target date already of the 30th Anniversary of Epcot.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

What did it take to open originally? Something like a year over the planned opening date?

Let's hope they beat that this time.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I wonder if they Put extra time to try and sneak it open for October 1st...? I mean it will be another Disney screwup to have an anticipated attraction not ready for EPCOTs 30th... Then again have we ever seen this happen before...?
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Picture of Outside Test Track with the comment:

The Disney Blog~
    The newly imagined Test-Track is supposed to open in Fall 2012. Judging by the view of the courtyard, they'd better start working a little faster to make that date. Are you looking forward to the new 'virtual' test track theme?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...d=112316085085
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post

The Disney Blog~
    The newly imagined Test-Track is supposed to open in Fall 2012. Judging by the view of the courtyard, they'd better start working a little faster to make that date. Are you looking forward to the new 'virtual' test track theme?

Yea, faster would be good, 'cause doesn't fall pretty much begin, like, next month?!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post

The Disney Blog~

Yes i am looking forward to it. But thay do have to work faster i mean that picture diden't look like thay were moveing fast at all. Thank you for dumping this Gabe!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Yea, faster would be good, 'cause doesn't fall pretty much begin, like, next month?!
    Thing is, that picture tells us absolutely nothing.

The majority of the refurb, as far as we have been told, takes place inside.

What they show in that pic could be finished in a matter of a couple of weeks.

Negative HG's strikes again!

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Thing is, that picture tells us absolutely nothing.

The majority of the refurb, as far as we have been told, takes place inside.

What they show in that pic could be finished in a matter of a couple of weeks.

Negative HG's strikes again!
    The exterior in a coupla' weeks...? Maybe. But from that pic, to me anyway, it looks like there's still a pretty good amount of unfinished business, plus a lot of construction materials still layin' around down there.

And yes, that pic tells us no story whatsoever about the interior, and that's what makes me remain more than a bit skeptical about it opening anytime in the early fall. As you mentioned in one of your posts (#143) above, they went about a year or so over in opening the original incarnation, didn't they?
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

I don't recall any details of what was planned for the exterior, but with the walls and the new theme I assume they will do something...and I agree it probably won't take long.

And don't forget...Fall is three months long. And if history is any indication, "Fall 2012" means "the day before Winter 2012"
    Doc

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast