Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 351
Like Tree31Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Test Track 2012 Update in the News & Rumors forums; Another added item...Fastpass users won't get to design their own cars...they will only choose from a set of pre-designed cars....
  1. #136
    doconeill's Avatar
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,328

    Re: Test Track 2012 Update

    Another added item...Fastpass users won't get to design their own cars...they will only choose from a set of pre-designed cars.
    Doc

    Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news


  2. #137
    Caribbean Lady's Avatar
    Caribbean Lady is offline Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wishing I was in Walt Disney World...
    Posts
    630

    Re: Test Track 2012 Update

    Just saw the Disney Parks Blog that released concept art this morning: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...rack-at-epcot/

    To be quite honest, I'm not a fan! Sure it looks cool, but this doesn't look anything like testing ground like the old one did, and isn't that the whole point of the ride? I understand the ride is subject to changes especially with a new sponsor, and the changes certainly fit into future world, but I just don't think keeps the storyline they want.

    I'll just have to wait and see! It's Disney, and it'll probably end up winning me over in the end anyway!
    tale as old as time...





    It's official... I'm too far away from the Magic
    When you wish upon a star...

  3. #138
    doconeill's Avatar
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,328

    Re: Test Track 2012 Update

    It seems they are taking the overall "vehicle testing" theme away, and substituting a more design-focused theme, most of which is actually done in the virtual world, hence the concept art.

    Which does seem like a name change is in order, since it is less about an actual test track.

    I may just start calling it "Test TRON", or "TRON Track"....
    Doc

    Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news


  4. #139
    Caribbean Lady's Avatar
    Caribbean Lady is offline Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wishing I was in Walt Disney World...
    Posts
    630

    Re: Test Track 2012 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    It seems they are taking the overall "vehicle testing" theme away, and substituting a more design-focused theme, most of which is actually done in the virtual world, hence the concept art.

    Which does seem like a name change is in order, since it is less about an actual test track.
    That makes sense - design rather than testing... but if that is the case, a name change really should be done!
    tale as old as time...





    It's official... I'm too far away from the Magic
    When you wish upon a star...

  5. #140
    supernova's Avatar
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staten Island, NYC
    Posts
    6,378

    Re: Test Track 2012 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Another added item...Fastpass users won't get to design their own cars...they will only choose from a set of pre-designed cars.
    I would be competely fine with that. I don't much care what my little ride car thingie looks like. Once I'm inside, I'm not worried about what the outside of my car looks like. I'm not one of those dopey people who enters Dumbo and HAS to run for a certain color hat. Get inside, buckle up, and stop with your ADD. If they suddenly changed the TTA cars to gray, you will have people crying that they altered the ride and now the experience isn't the same anymore. You know what? It is. Now get on and stop your whining.

    But back to your point, if the 'experience' that they're adding is designing cars, it sounds as if it's going to be more a way to amuse people during the queue. Or perhaps they'll redesign to throw in more staging areas as a way to keep guests less focused on being bored while standing in line. God knows those games in the Space Mountain queue don't do a very good job of that. And it takes a while to get there. And once you ARE there you don't have very far to go anyway. So the one thing that comes to mind now is that it might become something like the way they're running Stitch now. One staging room leads to another, etc.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.


  6. #141
    nicholas's Avatar
    nicholas is offline Lost in my house
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,376

    Re: Test Track 2012 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I would be competely fine with that. I don't much care what my little ride car thingie looks like. Once I'm inside, I'm not worried about what the outside of my car looks like. I'm not one of those dopey people who enters Dumbo and HAS to run for a certain color hat. Get inside, buckle up, and stop with your ADD. If they suddenly changed the TTA cars to gray, you will have people crying that they altered the ride and now the experience isn't the same anymore. You know what? It is. Now get on and stop your whining.

    But back to your point, if the 'experience' that they're adding is designing cars, it sounds as if it's going to be more a way to amuse people during the queue. Or perhaps they'll redesign to throw in more staging areas as a way to keep guests less focused on being bored while standing in line. God knows those games in the Space Mountain queue don't do a very good job of that. And it takes a while to get there. And once you ARE there you don't have very far to go anyway. So the one thing that comes to mind now is that it might become something like the way they're running Stitch now. One staging room leads to another, etc.
    there are some cry babies that hardley go to disney at all. im not puting this to the people that go on spring break on this website, because you know more then the people that arent on this website.

  7. #142
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,296

    Re: Test Track 2012 Update

    FYI-Disney has very quietly changed the completion date of Test Track. It will now be closed through November, maybe coming online, maybe in December. Missing its own target date already of the 30th Anniversary of Epcot.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  8. #143
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: Test Track 2012 Update

    What did it take to open originally? Something like a year over the planned opening date?

    Let's hope they beat that this time.

  9. #144
    JNota0005DakMC's Avatar
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    3,271

    Re: Test Track 2012 Update

    I wonder if they Put extra time to try and sneak it open for October 1st...? I mean it will be another Disney screwup to have an anticipated attraction not ready for EPCOTs 30th... Then again have we ever seen this happen before...?
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney


    "Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney


    "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

    Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/




  10. #145
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,296

    Re: Test Track 2012 Update

    Picture of Outside Test Track with the comment:

    The Disney Blog~
    The newly imagined Test-Track is supposed to open in Fall 2012. Judging by the view of the courtyard, they'd better start working a little faster to make that date. Are you looking forward to the new 'virtual' test track theme?



    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...d=112316085085
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  11. #146
    mickeytoo's Avatar
    mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas.
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Test Track 2012 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Picture of Outside Test Track with the comment:

    The Disney Blog~
    The newly imagined Test-Track is supposed to open in Fall 2012. Judging by the view of the courtyard, they'd better start working a little faster to make that date. Are you looking forward to the new 'virtual' test track theme?



    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...d=112316085085
    Yea, faster would be good, 'cause doesn't fall pretty much begin, like, next month?!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

  12. #147
    nicholas's Avatar
    nicholas is offline Lost in my house
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,376

    Re: Test Track 2012 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Picture of Outside Test Track with the comment:

    The Disney Blog~
    The newly imagined Test-Track is supposed to open in Fall 2012. Judging by the view of the courtyard, they'd better start working a little faster to make that date. Are you looking forward to the new 'virtual' test track theme?



    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...d=112316085085
    Yes i am looking forward to it. But thay do have to work faster i mean that picture diden't look like thay were moveing fast at all. Thank you for dumping this Gabe!

  13. #148
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: Test Track 2012 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Yea, faster would be good, 'cause doesn't fall pretty much begin, like, next month?!
    Thing is, that picture tells us absolutely nothing.

    The majority of the refurb, as far as we have been told, takes place inside.

    What they show in that pic could be finished in a matter of a couple of weeks.

    Negative HG's strikes again!

  14. #149
    mickeytoo's Avatar
    mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas.
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Test Track 2012 Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Thing is, that picture tells us absolutely nothing.

    The majority of the refurb, as far as we have been told, takes place inside.

    What they show in that pic could be finished in a matter of a couple of weeks.

    Negative HG's strikes again!
    The exterior in a coupla' weeks...? Maybe. But from that pic, to me anyway, it looks like there's still a pretty good amount of unfinished business, plus a lot of construction materials still layin' around down there.

    And yes, that pic tells us no story whatsoever about the interior, and that's what makes me remain more than a bit skeptical about it opening anytime in the early fall. As you mentioned in one of your posts (#143) above, they went about a year or so over in opening the original incarnation, didn't they?
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

  15. #150
    doconeill's Avatar
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,328

    Re: Test Track 2012 Update

    I don't recall any details of what was planned for the exterior, but with the walls and the new theme I assume they will do something...and I agree it probably won't take long.

    And don't forget...Fall is three months long. And if history is any indication, "Fall 2012" means "the day before Winter 2012"
    Doc

    Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news


Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Test Track renovation
    By Disney05 in forum Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-07-2011, 09:44 PM
  2. New Test Track Vehicle
    By BamaJenn in forum Walt Disney World (WDW) News
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 01:35 PM
  3. Disney World - The Game
    By BamaJenn in forum Imagineering
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-13-2009, 10:02 PM
  4. wonders of life and test track
    By BeastlyKingdom? in forum Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 10:14 AM
  5. 5/17/02 as it related to Test Track?
    By MainStreet, USA in forum Ask The Disney Experts
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-30-2005, 12:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •