Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Test Track 2012 Update in the News & Rumors forums; Journey into Imagination had a great deal of cutting edge tech for its time from the fountains outside, the building, the original 3D show and a good chunk of the ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Test Track 2012 Update

Journey into Imagination had a great deal of cutting edge tech for its time from the fountains outside, the building, the original 3D show and a good chunk of the ImageWorks. Even EO was unique for its time in the 80's.

The change over in 1999 to Imagination! not so much. Pretty much the downward spiral of that pavilion.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

True, but as a pavilion it was still somewhat of an outlier compared to the other hard science/history-to-future pavilions. That's what I was getting at.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I really don't see how Imagination Pavillion stays open at this point. The ride is subpar, they don't know what to do with the movie theater area (do we go with a dated movie from the 1980's or do we throw in a dated movie from the 1980's?), the building itself is off to the side in the back and barely feels (to me) like it's part of Future World. Plus, it closes down pretty early, due to lack of attendance. In the end, if this building disappeared tomorrow, how long would we truly miss it before we even forgot it was there? I only visit it every three to four years, which is still more often than I visit the Energy pavillion, which I haven't been to in literally over two decades.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    True, but as a pavilion it was still somewhat of an outlier compared to the other hard science/history-to-future pavilions. That's what I was getting at.
    So much of JII was new technology and guests interacting with computer controlled interactive stations upstairs. Both movies/shows pushed the bar with new technology of the time right down to the dogs sneeze experience. Computer Science while I was in college in that era was considered a hard science.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I really don't see how Imagination Pavillion stays open at this point. The ride is subpar, they don't know what to do with the movie theater area (do we go with a dated movie from the 1980's or do we throw in a dated movie from the 1980's?), the building itself is off to the side in the back and barely feels (to me) like it's part of Future World. Plus, it closes down pretty early, due to lack of attendance. In the end, if this building disappeared tomorrow, how long would we truly miss it before we even forgot it was there? I only visit it every three to four years, which is still more often than I visit the Energy pavillion, which I haven't been to in literally over two decades.
    Yeah, I haven't even seen Ellen's Energy Adventure. It was still the good ol' Universe of Energy last time I rode it. Going to try to hit it in a few weeks just for old time sake, I guess.

As for Imagination, I concur. There's never anybody there. Changing the original version of that was the first huge mistake they made on property. Still might be the biggest, who knows? I never thought the original was any great shakes, it was popular enough. And the upstairs portion actually was quite a bit of fun. Miss the pin tables.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    So much of JII was new technology and guests interacting with computer controlled interactive stations upstairs. Both movies/shows pushed the bar with new technology of the time right down to the dogs sneeze experience. Computer Science while I was in college in that era was considered a hard science.
    OK, I can see that point.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I was in both pavilions this spring. I can't tell you the last time I was in them before that. Imagination is in far worse shape than WoL ever was. Painted plywood walls about the first level. Nothing much in the after show area other than a tiny gift shop. Energy, like always is in need of help, worse the pre-show and ride is just so long. I continue to have the feeling I'm being held captive. We ducked into Energy after exiting WoL flower exhibit because it was pouring, only reason.

If this was the new Universal Parks that are moving quickly to update their parks, all three building would likely be razed to move forward. The grounds in Future World look very dated now. Fountains replaced with dirt and upgraded to landscaping planters from interesting water creations. The concrete pond near the Land kinda icky and the Odyssey still doesn't know what it wants to be.

The only new addition that I know coming to FW after TT is Starbucks.

I guess the chime must have just sounded. Everyone stop what you're doing, and face southeast to pray to the Gods of Universal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    I guess the chime must have just sounded. Everyone stop what you're doing, and face southeast to pray to the Gods of Universal.
    Oy.

Southwest? I was never great with directions.

Test Track comparison

I knew somebody would eventually do that.

Test Track was closed to the public yesterday, actually they closed the entire side of Future World for a private Test Track experience for the media folk.

Test Track did break down for a while with media stuck on ride.

Edit: Capt. Jack down with Tech issues for media event today. At least BoG went over well on Wed. Media night.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 12-07-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Yesterday:

"Well Test Track was very disappointing. We all designed cars but the rfid cards did not work at the loading area or anywhere else."

Seems they still have a little tweaking to do.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

And me, I wouldn't even ride it for the whole car design bit. I just want to see the ride. The SIM car isn't necessary.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast