Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Test Track 2012 Update in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe The week between Christmas and New Years. You actually went at a slower time. These were from New Years Eve. Oh. Thank you!...
    nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Re: Test Track 2012 Update

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    The week between Christmas and New Years. You actually went at a slower time. These were from New Years Eve.
    Oh. Thank you!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

January 31, 2013 update of Test Track I saw a link to on twitter:

The touch screens in queue before design station are still have glitches, the custom vehicles still not uploading to ride screens correctly, there isn't music on the hill climb, no music on "hill climb",
    no lasers or fog in first eco-test room "barrier doors" being held open, no audio for outside portion, and sadder, every "drive your custom vehicle" game in the post-show was roped off.
    nicholas likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    January 31, 2013 update of Test Track I saw a link to on twitter:

The touch screens in queue before design station are still have glitches, the custom vehicles still not uploading to ride screens correctly, there isn't music on the hill climb, no music on "hill climb",
    no lasers or fog in first eco-test room "barrier doors" being held open, no audio for outside portion, and sadder, every "drive your custom vehicle" game in the post-show was roped off.
    That game was really bad.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    That game was really bad.
    That speaks volumes from a young person who grew up with gaming.
    nicholas likes this.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Well it didn't take long for Disney to hear enough complaints that they have now changed the patterns for FP Test Track. They currently have the quick FP design roped off, they are merging the FP with Stand-by at the design phase so FP guests can have the "full experience." Yet the "full experience" is not consistently working with the attraction. The CMs are moving everyone through the design area very quickly now since the merge.

Single rider is the only was of by-passing the design phase now. Or for now. This isn't running smoothly this week so expect more stabs at trying orchestrating the pre-ride portion of Test Track.

Thom Morrow is offline B-Ticket Holder

I am really interested to see what all these changes add up to. This ride will always kind of be about the final spin around the building, but I am definitely interested to see what they have put together.

Reading through this thread it's pretty obvious that there are a good many users here that have taken advanced coursework in queuing theory. Disney would be smart to hire such experts of the business.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Is it too late to ask for a return of World of Motion and Horizons?
    HauntedGabe and nicholas like this.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    Is it too late to ask for a return of World of Motion and Horizons?
    Yes.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

This is the one and only instance where I wish we had the old attraction (World of Motion), and the new one concurrently.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    This is the one and only instance where I wish we had the old attraction (World of Motion), and the new one concurrently.
    You're stupid... blah, blah, blah. You live in Wisconsin, blah, blah, blah. You're always pining for the old attractions and can't embrace change... blah, blah, blah. People can ONLY have MY opinion and never any to the contrary.

There. Feel better now?

Anyway, I feel Disney did well removing the old "educational" slow moving rides from Epcot. The biggest stallwart right now is Universe of Energy, which is still one of THE worst rides on property. Even adding Ellen and Bill Nye wasn't enough, and Bill very much dates the ride. At least Ellen has managed to keep herself current.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I thought you lived in New York?

And when you're being petulant, I'm going to call you on it.

Who knows? You may even be smart enough to see the difference between your relatively reasonable response above compared to your foot stomping and pouting over a friggin name in the Fantasyland thread.
    nicholas likes this.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I was simply demonstrating how well the ol' failsafe Scotty treatment works in any situation. When in doubt..

Anyway, staying on topic, I thought the use of the name in the thread was about as well-placed a thread to pose my thoughts.
    Last edited by supernova; 03-18-2013 at 01:23 PM.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I was simply demonstrating how well the ol' failsafe Scotty treatment works in any situation. When in doubt..

Anyway, staying on topic, I thought the use of the name in the thread was about as well-placed a thread to pose my thoughts.
    It still doesn't make any sence that you said "You're stupid" and then "You live in Wisconsin" Which kind of makes it sound like your saying that people in Wisconsin are stupid. Plus you were not makeing any sence anyways.

clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Agree.

And, actually, I don't know if replacing the slow-moving attractions was such a smart idea in some cases. M:S replaced one and is never that busy, neither have the JII re-incarnations. The Seas might have fared a little better, but if the queue is any indication if the crowds they were expecting, I don't know how it has done for them...
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by clj2 View Post
    Agree.

And, actually, I don't know if replacing the slow-moving attractions was such a smart idea in some cases. M:S replaced one and is never that busy, neither have the JII re-incarnations. The Seas might have fared a little better, but if the queue is any indication if the crowds they were expecting, I don't know how it has done for them...
    Just curious...before the first "remake" of JII, was it a popular attraction (in relation to other Futureworld attractions and its own capacity)? Or had it dwindled, prompting the remake?

I'm wondering if it suffered from it's location - at the extreme end if the area, with no "through" traffic - basically the same as Wonders of Life.

I think in general people are more likely to visit an attraction on the spur of the moment when passing it on the way to something else. But if you put it out of the way, where people won't pass it, then it needs to be the destination itself - your strongest attraction(s). Otherwise people are less likely to go out of their way.

MK was well designed to accommodate that, being a giant loop. Futureworld was not - it was more linear. Even the side paths to the World Showcase cut off the ends of Futureworld.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast