Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Test Track 2012 Update in the News & Rumors forums; I really hope that they keep the ride part and not turn it into a simulator! I agree Test Track can use some updates though. As long as the keep ...
    Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Test Track 2012 Update

I really hope that they keep the ride part and not turn it into a simulator!
    I agree Test Track can use some updates though.
    As long as the keep the same core experience, I'll be happy.
    999,999 score on BLSRS! Galactic Hero!

I love working in the Theme Park Industry!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by nicks10 View Post
    I'm a bit confused about the language in the official release. Initially, I thought the new design center would be part of the post-show, but then why would they have to shut the entire attraction down? Are guests actually going to design some elements before riding the attraction (in its existing physical track state) that will have some impact on things that happen during the ride? The word "SimCar" seems to imply that this won't be on the actual track, but in some type of simulator, which is why I thought it would be in the post-show. Has anyone else seen any other information that is more straight forward without the ambiguous language?
    Did you stop to wonder why "SimCar" was in quotation marks?

And the lengthier announcement I posted isn't ambiguous at all. They're going with a new interactive queue, changing over to the new cars they've been testing recently, and waahlaah. Test Track refurb.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by nicks10 View Post
    I'm a bit confused about the language in the official release. Initially, I thought the new design center would be part of the post-show, but then why would they have to shut the entire attraction down? Are guests actually going to design some elements before riding the attraction (in its existing physical track state) that will have some impact on things that happen during the ride? The word "SimCar" seems to imply that this won't be on the actual track, but in some type of simulator, which is why I thought it would be in the post-show. Has anyone else seen any other information that is more straight forward without the ambiguous language?
    Don't worry so much about Disney's wording. They have a way of tending to hype and overhype these things and the end result is nearly always a letdown. Next thing you know, they're going to announce something silly, like that Test Track will be open for a full 24-hours on one day only this year and... oh wait... never mind.
    Last edited by supernova; 01-08-2012 at 09:32 AM.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

MissMEY is offline C-Ticket Holder

Any ideas on a confirmed closure date? Sooo hoping it will be open when I visit

Staying at Old Key West & cruising on the Disney Fantasy

HOST AT THE MINNIE MINXES DISNEY PODCAST
    An all-female Disney podcast from the UK

www.facebook.com/theminnieminxesdisneypodcast
    Our Blog http://theminnieminxes.blogspot.co.uk Our Twitter@theminnieminxes

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by MissMEY View Post
    Any ideas on a confirmed closure date? Sooo hoping it will be open when I visit
    It probably won't be. The time frame I'm seeing on tourism sites is April to September.

MissMEY is offline C-Ticket Holder

I leave on Sept 1st so opening that morning would work for me - so come on Disney sort it - lol!

Staying at Old Key West & cruising on the Disney Fantasy

HOST AT THE MINNIE MINXES DISNEY PODCAST
    An all-female Disney podcast from the UK

www.facebook.com/theminnieminxesdisneypodcast
    Our Blog http://theminnieminxes.blogspot.co.uk Our Twitter@theminnieminxes

I think the date I saw was September 20th, unfortunately.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Did you stop to wonder why "SimCar" was in quotation marks?

And the lengthier announcement I posted isn't ambiguous at all. They're going with a new interactive queue, changing over to the new cars they've been testing recently, and waahlaah. Test Track refurb.
    No, I did not stop and wonder why the word SimCar was in quotation marks as proper nouns unique to attractions in most of disney's literature use similar notation. (Ex: Board a "clamobile" and gently descend below the waves...) Sorry I was unfamiliar with this technology and haven't been able to read much about Radiator Springs Racers. Thanks for the info though. Looking forward to whatever Disney has planned!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

I'd wager that aside from the interactive queue, we won't really notice much of a difference.

This refurb will be more akin to the Space Mountain refurb, IMO.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

The ride portion always seems rather dated, to me. How long ago were anti-lock breaks a revolutionary advancement in the automotive industry?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

An interactive queue will be nice.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Ok so I haven't read through all the responses on this so I apologize if I'm duplicating but...

I'm still trying to visualize this... the whole thing where you create your car while in the queue confuses me as it is (how can you do that if the line is constantly moving... or what if there isn't a line?). But then the whole "sim car" concept. I mean... ok... sure you build your car etc. but the track is the track regardless. I doubt they are going to modify the cars to in some way respond differently based on how it's built. DH and I are guessing that it's more like you build your car, the ride is the same regardless, but at the end you see how yours would've "tested" result wise? That's all I can guess. Suppose that's what it'd have to be because the cars seat what... 6 people? All 6 people would presumably make different cars.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Thanks for the update! I went ahead and checked out the Disney Parks Blog
    (Link HERE).

Some interesting questions and answers from the blog . . .

Guest Question:
    Are you saying it will no longer be an actual ride, but a simulated ride?
    Disney Bloggist's Answer:
    It's an actual ride.

So, it will NOT be a ride you create like Sum of all Thrills or at DisneyQuest. I think it will be the same Test Track ride we know and enjoy, but "tweaked". The blog teases you get to create a ride vehicle. Like Jen, I want to know how that will work with six guests in the car? Will this make the line take longer? This is something I am going to have to see to totally understand how it's going to work. I'm imagining walking into the queue called “Chevrolet Design Center at Epcot" and create my car as I am waiting in line and then magically that car appears at the loading area. Like mentioned, what if there is no line? Another option would be kiosks to build the vehicle, keep the info on a car and then you get into line? I assume some "rumors" will be leaked over the next few months and we can get a better understanding on what they have planned.

Guest Question:
    Any idea when the ride will close?
    It will go down in April and reopen this fall.

This is one of my favs at WDW. I sure hope "fall" means October.

Guest Question:
    Sounds like it just might be a new queue to me. Something to look forward to for our next trip!
    Nope, it's a re-imagining of the whole attraction.

I noticed she put "re-imagining". So, not only is the queue getting a face-lift, the whole attraction is supposed to be re-imagined. (What does that mean?) To me, the timeframe (April - Fall) seems awfully short for all the work that is being hyped. I suppose it will be a lot of new technical features, like better (working) screens in the SimCar ride vehicles (I never knew that is what they called the Test Track cars.) and the hyped designing your own vehicle. I never saw any mention of re-designing the track or inside features. However, I have heard rumors that some of the "boring" and darker areas inside will get "something". Only time will tell . . .
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    An interactive queue will be nice.
    I agree!
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Hopefully the entire system is updated. That ride has been the king of breakdowns from the day it (finally) opened.
    It's GM, they are just trying to be as realistic as possible.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast