Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Test Track 2012 Update in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe What was being said by the CMs was it was a special treat for all the guests unhappy with TT now being a dark ride. Beyond ...
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: Test Track 2012 Update

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    What was being said by the CMs was it was a special treat for all the guests unhappy with TT now being a dark ride.

Beyond that I never heard what really brought it on.

Sounds like one of the "made up" things they use as a general excuse...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by clj2 View Post
    Wow.

If that's the real reason, the new one must really be unpopular.
    I realize this doesn't warrant a reasonable response, but yes, it's really unpopular. So much so that wait times are only hitting 2 hours a day, even now during the slowest season for WDW.

Current wait time as of right now is 45 minutes. Just an hour after opening.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I'd wager "they" didn't make it up.

Or maybe that's why they also occasionally have the lights on in Space, Rockin' Rollercoaster, etc...

It happens folks...

Doc said it in a far nicer way, but you should always exercise caution when things cm's supposedly say are "reported" here.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 03-25-2013 at 10:15 AM.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    And that is exactly why I phrased the post the way I did. I'd like to ride it both ways too. I enjoyed being in Space with its lights on, a different experience.

Wow.

If that's the real reason, the new one must really be unpopular.
    I haven't rode it yet and TT YouTubes are hard to get a feel for, other attraction YouTubes you can often get a good gut feel, TT not so much. But I've seen posts from CMs & Guests that love the new version and others that really hate it.

Stitch and Imagination have had long wait times now that it is Spring Break so the queue lines are a poor calculation for the overall guest perception. Future World in such poor condition if guests like it or hate TT it, Disney doesn't have many quality attractions left in Future World that could trump TT so it is a clear winner even if it is by default.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Spring break just started, folks.

Unless it was extended to start back in January...

Wait times are a perfectly reasonable indicator no matter what our breathless reporters thinks.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 03-25-2013 at 12:27 PM.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

The ride itself is pretty much the same. It's just the themeing that's different. The track, the motion, it's all the same ride. If you closed your eyes, you would get the same experience as the original.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I meant the update could be unpopular, not the attraction itself. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people ride it for the fast ending. People may not like it as much, but will keep riding if they like the thrilling aspects.

I went on March 10th last year and the parks were swamped, especially on the first couple of days of the week. A lot of schools start spring break that early now, including some of the CFL schools (I believe Seminole, Volusia, and maybe Lake counties were out). Spring break seems to be more spread out than it used to be.
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

I meant the update could be unpopular, not the attraction itself. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people ride it for the fast ending. People may not like it as much, but will keep riding if they like the thrilling aspects.

I went on March 10th last year and the parks were swamped, especially on the first couple of days of the week. A lot of schools start spring break that early now, including some of the CFL schools (I believe Seminole, Volusia, and maybe Lake counties were out). Spring break seems to be more spread out than it used to be.
    This year the two major spring break weeks are wrapped by Easter making high season weeks more crowded than the last few years because of where Easter fell. My DDs Spring break was last week, my nieces the week prior. So it has been ongoing for weeks now.

Both Universal Parks are packed today and have hit level Red for a portion of the day, MK, hit level 3 for a while also. So if this is a perfectly reasonable indicator, Way to Go Universal and Disney they are equals in the theme park world if wait times is an indicator of success during spring break. Actually a good chunk of all the attractions are hits then too because almost all had large wait times. My niece walked onto Mermaid in FLE during her spring break, IF walking on is a reasonable indicator FLE Mermaid s*cks and FLE is a FAIL so far.

Personally I find stand by wait times to be the worst indicator, always. Toys always has a long line in the stand by queue as does Soar'n. Both have incredibly low capacities per hour and the ratio of FP is far from balanced when allowing guest out of their respective queues. Stand by lanes are also hurt every time a ride stops or into breakdown mode as every 20 minutes or so another glut of FP guests must be moved through. Some guest are easily fooled into believing a ride is exemplary by the size of a stand by queue, many not even understanding the overall concept of FP's. And then there are others that hold the opinion that HP at Universal s*cks even though the lines are long, I get a kick out of the hypocritical. I further wonder using wait time as an indicator if the guests/families that skipped test track because the stand by was to long get classified as haters of TT?

The old TT when you visited would have been a success using the stand by queue as the indicator of success of an old attraction. I was on the Old TT the day before she went into interior decorating mode in Mid April. Walked on. So the indicator is TT was a fail! I highly doubt either is a true statistical indicator of TT because of the ever changing variables. Hardly a perfect indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    The ride itself is pretty much the same. It's just the themeing that's different. The track, the motion, it's all the same ride. If you closed your eyes, you would get the same experience as the original.
    Exactly! The interior decorators changed the theming that is all. Likely whoever liked it before, still will and those who hated it likely still will.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Wait times have been consistent since it reopened. A better excuse than Spring Break is needed.

2 hour daily wait times not being an indicator of how popular a ride is...

A rational person couldn't make up such mindless nonsense.

Let's make a list of all the unpopular rides with long wait times, starting with...

Um...

Oh, and just for the record, the third highest wait time in the MK right now, behind Space and Splash?

Mermaid. 70 minutes.

Demonstrates how wait times vary from day to day, week to week, month to month. Thanks.

and hour to hour, now 12:10 under sea, an hour later

Current Wait Time
    Standby 51 min
    FASTPASS 1:30pm
    Get wait times with Lines
    Park Hours
    Opening Time 8:00am
    Closing Time 1:00am
    Morning Extra Magic Hour at 7:00am
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 03-26-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Um, yeah.

51 minutes.

Aside from the 13 minutes you'll occasionally see at Haunted Mansion, official wait times never come with anything other than a zero or a five as the final number.

Good college try, though.

Current Mermaid wait time: 75 minutes.

Now then, back to the list of unpopular rides with long wait times.

I think I have one!!!

No, wait...

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Oh, and just for the record, the third highest wait time in the MK right now, behind Space and Splash?

Mermaid. 70 minutes.
    Just the newness factor, I'm guessing. The ride hasn't been around long enough to be deemed as 'popular'. For anyone who hasn't been to the parks within the past three months, it's one of the new attractions they haven't yet been on. Heck, it's nearly the only ride they have never been on.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast