Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Test Track 2012 Update in the News & Rumors forums; I understand that. It was just a counter to the inanity of yet another questionable report from the breathless one. It's a cute ride, but nothing special. Just like every ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Test Track 2012 Update

I understand that. It was just a counter to the inanity of yet another questionable report from the breathless one.

It's a cute ride, but nothing special. Just like every other ride in Fantasyland.

I hear the wait time is currently 47 minutes and 14 seconds!!!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Wait times have been consistent since it reopened. A better excuse than Spring Break is needed.
    Depends on what you call consistent. Currently a 120 minute wait, yet when you were there it was a 90 minute wait. You whined about waiting 30 minutes for PP so I assume 30 minutes means something to you in a standby queue.

This is a very good statement about stand by times and why the wait times are long, it says nothing about proof of popularity or success more the ratio of FP to Stand by.

In Fantasyland my wife and son saw Peter Pan's Flight for the first time and both enjoyed it. The one MAJOR complaint I have concerning that ride is the Fastpass-to-standby ratio the cast members use. It was somewhere in the neighborhood of 20:1. Seriously, they'd let about 60 FP holders through, and then take a party of three from standby, and then..."hold please". Sorry, folks. That's beyond ridiculous. More on this practice later.
    And this is another good explanation as to why ratios are the cause of long standby lanes vs success. It speaks to the frustration of the ratios very nicely.

They were showing a wait time for Test Track of 90 minutes our last night there. We had tried to ride it the previous morning but they had it closed due to ice on the track.

So we got in line. Our line moved a very short distance twice while hundreds of people funneled through the FP line. We finally got to one spot where we didn't move for over 8 minutes and we called it quits and exited to go catch Illuminations.

The 90:1 ratio they use for FP grates on the nerves. I have often thought about writing Disney about it, but most people seem to like the system.

Spring break just started, folks.

Unless it was extended to start back in January...

Wait times are a perfectly reasonable indicator no matter what our breathless reporters thinks.
    At the moment TT 123 minutes has a 30 minute wait time difference from when you were in Epcot at 90 minutes. 30 minutes more during Spring Break. PP was 30 when you were there Spring Break 78 minutes. So stand by is a silly way to judge the success of an attraction when the ratios for stand by are a ridiculous practice.

Stand by wait times are just longer during Spring Break, the Week between Christmas and New Years Day, I've never seen anything worse than NYE/NYD though the 4th of July was close.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Right. People standing in line for 90 minutes, or more is no way to judge the popularity of a ride. They just had nothing else to do. Fast pass or standby, it's the same through put.

Also, let me restate since you missed it the first two times, TT's wait times have been consistent since it reopened. FIND A BETTER EXCUSE THAN SPRING BREAK!

Once again, let's focus on that list!!

Please list all the unpopular rides with long wait times.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Just the newness factor, I'm guessing. The ride hasn't been around long enough to be deemed as 'popular'. For anyone who hasn't been to the parks within the past three months, it's one of the new attractions they haven't yet been on. Heck, it's nearly the only ride they have never been on.
    I agree. I believe the launching of an attraction has a great deal to do with wait times. Everest is a perfect example. It opened in 2006, I rode it for the first time in off season 2007 2nd week of November. We didn't have FP's, waiting in the queue saw the whole darn thing at a turtle pace. I can't remember how long exactly, it was over an hour, it is a long queue and my DD went through quite a few pennies killing time.

Back in December:

About this time we were getting hungry and decided to go eat at the Contempo Cafe. From there we headed to Animal Kingdom and pretty much walked onto Expedition Everest twice in a row. We also hit Dinosaur and explored the park for a while while we waited for our ADR's at Yak and Yeti. The food was as outstanding as advertised. I had the seared tuna salad, my wife had beef and broccoli, and my son had the crispy Mahi Mahi. The seared tuna was just barely seared and 98% raw, just like I like it! Excellent meal all the way around. BTW, kudos to the young lady who got us in quickly even though our ADR time got screwed up.
    I love Everest, even though Yeti is broken especially getting on it is much quicker than when it first launched most of the time.

Yet it is Spring Break and the current wait time is 71 minutes and the FP time returns are now for 7:25pm so the ratio's are messing with the stand by wait times. Very different from what Scott experienced during his trip where you didn't even need a FP just walk through the queue.

Everyone is still trying out TT to see the new version. I'm tied with it and Soar'n being my favorite FW attractions, but in fairness I am not over the top in love with either but considering the choices in FW they don't have to be popular or successful, guests have very limited options. Even the unpopular Mission Space has an 80 minute wait today during.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I understand that. It was just a counter to the inanity of yet another questionable report from the breathless one.

It's a cute ride, but nothing special. Just like every other ride in Fantasyland.

I hear the wait time is currently 47 minutes and 14 seconds!!!
    Should I be disturbed that you spend your days at work worrying about what wait times are at an amusement park thousands of miles away?
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

The week before Christmas is a historically slow week for WDW. Has been since I was a kid. Even then the wait times returned to normal levels by later on the afternoon.

As I also stated before, there are no such wait times as 51 and 71 minutes.

Current wait time for Everest is 105 minutes. Not 71.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 03-26-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Should I be disturbed that you spend your days at work worrying about what wait times are at an amusement park thousands of miles away?
    Probably.

Whatever it takes to counter the negativity and occasional misrepresentations that have come to be the norm here.

Here, I'll make it even worse. Everest is exactly 1,638,285 yards from my current location.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 03-26-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Right. People standing in line for 90 minutes, or more is no way to judge the popularity of a ride. They just had nothing else to do. Fast pass or standby, it's the same through put.

Also, let me restate since you missed it the first two times, TT's wait times have been consistent since it reopened. FIND A BETTER EXCUSE THAN SPRING BREAK!

Once again, let's focus on that list!!

Please list all the unpopular rides with long wait times.
    Hmmm....90 minute and 123 minutes is consistent? Not in my math class. That is 30 minutes, try and board an airplane 30 minutes after its departure time.

You whined about 30 minutes for Peter Pan, well during Spring Break PP is 97! 97 is greater than 30. 97>30

I think the focus should focus on your mathematical skills.

Face it, no matter how many ways you choose to describe me, no matter how many times you put it in Capital Letters, stand by times are longer during Spring Break. As far as TT, 123 is a greater integer than 90 or as you put it, let me restate it since you missed it before, 123 > 90 or 90< 123. An additional half hour is an additional half hour.

I never whined about the wait time for PP. Please stop telling lies.

And 90 to 120 minute wait times are incredibly long wait times which was the point I was getting at. Next time I'll see if this site supports drawing it in crayon so I can illustrate it for you.

[QUOTE=Mo Noyz;1033608]The week before Christmas is a historically slow week for WDW. Has been since I was a kid. Even then the wait times returned to normal levels by later on the afternoon.
    Hmmm...slow? Crowd levels 1 being low 10 being high. Guess that depends on what you deem slow.

12/17 7 out of 10
    12/18 5 out of 10
    12/19 7 out of 10
    12/20 4 out of 10
    12/21 6 out of 10
    12/22 10 out of 10
    12/23 10 out of 10
    12/24 10 out of 10

Everest is climbing in stand by times, of course, it is Spring Break.

I never whined about the wait time for PP. Please stop telling lies.
    Lie? Call it what you will, major complaining, I view as whining. You sure complained/whined a lot about your time in Peter Pans Queue. It was a MAJOR complaint.

Originally Posted by Mo Noyz

In Fantasyland my wife and son saw Peter Pan's Flight for the first time and both enjoyed it. The one MAJOR complaint I have concerning that ride is the Fastpass-to-standby ratio the cast members use. It was somewhere in the neighborhood of 20:1. Seriously, they'd let about 60 FP holders through, and then take a party of three from standby, and then..."hold please". Sorry, folks. That's beyond ridiculous. More on this practice later.

And 90 to 120 minute wait times are incredibly long wait times which was the point I was getting at. Next time I'll see if this site supports drawing it in crayon so I can illustrate it for you.
    Your point was consistent. A half an hour more is not consistent it is an Increase in wait time during Spring Break. What is consistent is my statement that the lines are longer during Spring Break and I've demonstrated that mathematically. You further demonstrated my point with Everest 105 during Spring Break, verses your trip where you walked on twice in a row.

Next time I'll see if this site supports drawing it in crayon so I can illustrate it for you.
    It is comments like this that gets threads closed.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

If I ever get around to posting my final park visit, I can post the wait time on Space Mountain over MLK weekend. Even if I did ride roller coasters, there's no way I'd wait over two hours for the honor.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by HG
    You whined about 30 minutes for Peter Pan
    Since you're incapable of keeping this in context, please allow me:

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz
    As I said before, the first day was incredible. Hit three parks on the first day and rode multiple attractions in each, most of which were walk ons. Peter Pan's Flight had a standby time of 30 min, which should tell you all you need to know.
    You see, highlighting the fact that PP had a 30 minute wait time was used to illustrate just how slow it was as the day began. PP is normally 90+ minutes, no matter what time of year.

The part of the post you highlighted was me being irritated with the FastPass-to-standby ratio.

Two completely different things.

Quote Originally Posted by HG
    You further demonstrated my point with Everest 105 during Spring Break, verses your trip where you walked on twice in a row.
    It probably would have if I hadn't also stated that wait times fell back into normal ranges in the later afternoon. Which you conveniently ignored as you always do.

And what happened with your 71 minutes?

Oh, I forgot, there is no such thing as a 71 minute wait time.

If I ever get around to posting my final park visit, I can post the wait time on Space Mountain over MLK weekend. Even if I did ride roller coasters, there's no way I'd wait over two hours for the honor.
    Man, I hear that...

That's exactly why we refused to wait for TT our last night there.

I'll take a second viewing of Illuminations over a 90+ minute wait for anything.

Putting the final touches on my Illuminations audio walkthrough of EPCOT, BTW. I'll send you the final product so you can tell me what you think.
    nicholas likes this.

Since you're incapable of keeping this in context, please allow me:

You see, highlighting the fact that PP had a 30 minute wait time was used to illustrate just how slow it was as the day began. PP is normally 90+ minutes, no matter what time of year.

The part of the post you highlighted was me being irritated with the FastPass-to-standby ratio.

Two completely different things.

It probably would have if I hadn't also stated that wait times fell back into normal ranges in the later afternoon. Which you conveniently ignored as you always do.

And what happened with your 71 minutes?

Oh, I forgot, there is no such thing as a 71 minute wait time.
    Giggle.

Stand by wait times don't start at at 71 minutes or 105 minutes, often they are lower and build throughout the day. Today they did keep building on many attractions throughout WDW, thereby the stand by wait times increasing.

I've made my points and you have made yours, we won't agree, you can call me out for saying my posts are out of context and I'll call you out for contradicting yourself. Draw.

Fine. Because you're drifting into the making up stuff out of thin air phase of your argument.

And one last time, there are no wait times that end with a 1.

Never.

Ever.

Only 0 or 5.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 03-27-2013 at 06:41 AM.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast