Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Test Track 2012 Update in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by Mo Noyz Man, I hear that... That's exactly why we refused to wait for TT our last night there. I'll take a second viewing of Illuminations over ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Test Track 2012 Update

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Man, I hear that...

That's exactly why we refused to wait for TT our last night there.

I'll take a second viewing of Illuminations over a 90+ minute wait for anything.

Putting the final touches on my Illuminations audio walkthrough of EPCOT, BTW. I'll send you the final product so you can tell me what you think.

Saturday night over MLK weekend:

I feel sorry for those families making their first visit to the parks. How can you expect to ride anything over a holiday weekend when you're faced with 2-hour +/- wait times any any given attraction?
    nicholas likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

You have to hit the big boys early in the day any holiday weekend.

Though, I'm sure it was actually only 141 minutes!

clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I'm not a fan - at all - of going to the parks around holidays, spring break (last time was enough, I should have thought to check the crowds for that week), or summer. I realize some people have to, but I'd take late summer-fall or spring (sans heavy spring break times) any day over Christmas or the other popular holidays. I guess you get kind of spoiled going back to somewhere like FL and almost walking on to everything (in the morning at least, not sure about the rest of the day) in late August. I know some people, though, that wouldn't go any other time than Christmas or New Years. I'll pass on the seasonal activities to wait less than 15 minutes for the vast majority of attractions.

Regardless of when Easter is, spring break seems to be becoming more spread out.
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

Is late August good for crowds, like the week or so before Labour Day? With my son turning 13 Friday (yikes), we cant miss much school. Currently we like going Dec 31st for a couple weeks, but I'm looking at other alternatives.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Fine. Because you're drifting into the making up stuff out of thin air phase of your argument.

And now that you inserted your obligatory, predictable, narcissistic antidotes for this post.........

And one last time, there are no wait times that end with a 1.

Never.

Ever.

Only 0 or 5.
    It depends on what app you are using.

I use the Touring Plans app which is often more accurate on actual wait time projections than Disney's posted wait times. Disney has just started to attempt to get away from that high tech necklace around the guest neck method, though that necklace is still alive and well.

Touring Plans Apps are highly respected throughout the Disney Fan community and Touring Plans use the #1 in their wait times, they do not round up or round down to 0 or 5.

Quote Originally Posted by clj2 View Post

Regardless of when Easter is, spring break seems to be becoming more spread out.

That is so true, just look at the state of Massachusetts, their Spring Break is the 3rd week of April.
    Just about everyone on my ME bus last April was from Massachusetts.

Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by DVCDad View Post
    Is late August good for crowds, like the week or so before Labour Day? With my son turning 13 Friday (yikes), we cant miss much school. Currently we like going Dec 31st for a couple weeks, but I'm looking at other alternatives.
    Up until August 20th it will be very crowded after that it cuts almost in half. Labor Day isn't the most crowded day but there is an uptick. August is really Hot, I've done it and the humidity and heat index isn't what I am accustomed to in Illinois so it was draining for me.

Those first few days of Dec. 31st through the weekend are still posted as pretty darn busy because of where Christmas Break falls this year but the rest of your days look pretty darn good for January 4 on, just stay out of the Magic Kingdom on Saturday and Monday.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Saturday night over MLK weekend:

I feel sorry for those families making their first visit to the parks. How can you expect to ride anything over a holiday weekend when you're faced with 2-hour +/- wait times any any given attraction?
    It is too bad that some people can't go when it's alot better then that.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by HG
    It depends on what app you are using.
    Sure it does.

And any app that gives you anything besides a 0 or a 5 at the end of the wait time is simply blowing smoke up your bum.

That magical little red card CM's give you isn't exactly a scientific method, but it's a far more honest method than Scarlett and Len are presenting. Unofficial, indeed. And there is a good reason for that.

"Hey, just text us and tell us how long YOU thought you waited!"

Matter of fact, yesterday you claimed Everest had a wait time of 71 minutes, when it was really 105 minutes.

Now, IIRC, wouldn't you call that a "big difference"? You know, like the difference between 90 and 120 minutes, there about?

Funny how that narrative conveniently fits your agenda, but is suddenly null and void when it disputes it.

Might want to find a more agenda-free app.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Sure it does.

And any app that gives you anything besides a 0 or a 5 at the end of the wait time is simply blowing smoke up your bum.

That magical little red card CM's give you isn't exactly a scientific method, but it's a far more honest method than Scarlett and Len are presenting. Unofficial, indeed. And there is a good reason for that.

Disney rounds their wait time estimates to the nearest 5 minutes...which actually raises accuracy concerns. But yes, if you want the posted times, there is only one app that will give them to you, and that's the official app. Everything else is based on heavy data collection, current reports and estimates. Some of them are pretty accurate though.

There are 2 problems I've seen with the magic red cards:

1) It depends on the CMs issuing them reliably, when the beeping starts - I've seen them scan the card and then put them back...

2) It measures how long it took someone who has already waited through the line to get there. That isn't the same as it would take someone at that point entering the line to get there. I don't know if Disney is estimating based on data collection and/or other factors, but if an entire Brazilian Tour Group enters the line in front of me while it says 30 minutes, I'm pretty sure it's NOT going to be 30 minutes.

Better estimates would be based on the number of guests actually in the queue, how fast the queue is moving, etc.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I visited in August 2011 (I think it was the last week of Aug. to the first of Sept.), and the crowds were almost non-existent. Exact dates are in my signature. Best time I've ever visited. We left a couple of days before Labor Day, and the crowds weren't any higher the last day.

Absolutely reccomend the last week of August.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

With the magicbands, couldn't everyone be timed, and thus there would be no need for the red cards? Would be more accurate as well.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Disney rounds their wait time estimates to the nearest 5 minutes...which actually raises accuracy concerns. But yes, if you want the posted times, there is only one app that will give them to you, and that's the official app. Everything else is based on heavy data collection, current reports and estimates. Some of them are pretty accurate though.

There are 2 problems I've seen with the magic red cards:

1) It depends on the CMs issuing them reliably, when the beeping starts - I've seen them scan the card and then put them back...

2) It measures how long it took someone who has already waited through the line to get there. That isn't the same as it would take someone at that point entering the line to get there. I don't know if Disney is estimating based on data collection and/or other factors, but if an entire Brazilian Tour Group enters the line in front of me while it says 30 minutes, I'm pretty sure it's NOT going to be 30 minutes.

Better estimates would be based on the number of guests actually in the queue, how fast the queue is moving, etc.
    Yep, you're right!

Sure it does.
    And any app that gives you anything besides a 0 or a 5 at the end of the wait time issimply blowing smoke up your bum.

Wow, you just can't help yourself can you?

Not thinking your editorial comments are helpful to Lou, by choosing to bash Touring Plans on his sight so colorfully.They have been one of Lou's sponsors of his WDW NewsCasts, also Lou has done a video explaining Touring Plans, endorsed Touring Plans, but likely you have just as little regard for Lou, his sight, his livelihood, or the sponsors that keep the sight going.

I have had great success in using Touring Plans. Actually it was Lou's video endorsing Touring Plans that sold me on purchasing it. I have found Lou's endorsements to be sincere.

WDW Radio NewsCast Viewers: Welcome to TouringPlans.com!

TouringPlans.com is proud to sponsor the WDW NewsCast, a weekly, interactive live video segment focusing on Disney World News and featuring Lou Mongello.

Doc, I used the Undercover Tourist app when we were there in December, and the posted wait times in the parks are very accurate.

I noticed they were updating them far more regularly than they used to, as well.

It's odd. Almost like these guys know how to operate a theme park, or something.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 03-28-2013 at 07:37 AM.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast