Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Test Track 2012 Update in the News & Rumors forums; Yep, I miss that too. I didn't know it was closed and the whole family went to shop and we were shocked and bummed..... we always spent $$$ there!...
    cindymouse6 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Test Track 2012 Update

Yep, I miss that too. I didn't know it was closed and the whole family went to shop and we were shocked and bummed..... we always spent $$$ there!
    cindymouse6
    DVC members Old Key West, Beach Club, Bay Lake Towers
    30+ visits and still adding them on!
    New Years 2014, WDW marathon weekend 2014, Bay lake MK view 2014, Food and wine Festival 2014 Premium annual passholder!!!!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

There were also many times where we were driving home from City Walk and stopped in there so I could shop for Jazz cds at midnight!

It always had a really cool atmosphere that time of night.

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Just saw this on WDWNT:

"As part of the re-imagining, the Future World attraction will feature a sleek new “Chevrolet Design Center at Epcot” immersing Guests in the fascinating world of automotive design. Amid upbeat music, engaging media, dramatic lighting and a collection of Chevrolet concept cars and model vehicles, guests themselves will become automotive designers – and peer into the future of personal transportation in the process.

At interactive design and styling workstations, Guests will be able to create their own custom concept vehicles. The adventure will then shift into high gear as Guests buckle into their 6-person “SimCar” ride vehicle and put their design through its paces on the exhilarating hills, switchbacks and straight-aways of the Test Track circuit.

Their performance testing complete, Guests will move into a post-show area filled with special effects and be scored on how well their custom concept vehicle did. And of course, Guests will be able see the very latest Chevrolet vehicles in an all-new state-of-the-art showroom."

This seems to make it clear that the design stage will be part of an interactive queue, and that the test stage will still be the good ol' track we're all used to.

Sounds like the new Test Track is borrowing some of the technology that was used (albeit updated) in DisneyQuest, when you could make your own rollercoaster, etc. At least if they go that route, it's a good bet that they won't have to shut the ride down 4 times a day due to the ride cars breaking down...

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    Sounds like the new Test Track is borrowing some of the technology that was used (albeit updated) in DisneyQuest, when you could make your own rollercoaster, etc. At least if they go that route, it's a good bet that they won't have to shut the ride down 4 times a day due to the ride cars breaking down...
    Only if letting the guests design the car somehow makes them not break down - the ride itself is still the same at the basic level - they are just calling the vehicles "simcars" now. But they aren't replacing them with simulator boxes.

What would probably be a bit different is during the early "testing" phases, like where they at least used to simulate ABS, etc. it will be a pit different, with variations based on the guest's designs.

How they plan to incorporate potentially 6 different designs into one ride experience, I have no idea. And there could be some level of "smoke and mirrors" as well.

I AM hoping that they do fix up the ride mechanism itself though to be more reliable.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

You and me both, doc. That thing has been a breakdown festival since the day it finally opened...a year later than scheduled (little did we know how much this omen was telling us).

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

I don't think I have ever gone on a signle Disney trip where I haven't seen Test Track closed for at least one hour on my trip due to mechanical problems
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Here's oping that this operating time goes up now that they are refurbbing it... Maybe if they add elements to the original and update it... Along with fixing some effects that have long since been broken down... This could be a solid attraction again...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

I think it's still a solid attraction. What we want is the good-to-great attraction it started out as.

Yeh that's exactly it... We want what it was when it opened... Just cleaned up and without all the breakdowns... Is that too much to ask...?
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder

Doc, now I've VERY curious as to what they have planned... for guests to 'make' their own car, and not have it be virtual, could be incredible... maybe guests can 'mod' the cars by doing tweaks that will have the car behave certain ways, like how you can change some of the performance factors in your car, (like Audi's), via a computer...

Dreaming aside, I agree with everyone... regardless of what they do, it's going to be awesome, it just has to WORK consistently!

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Hey, has anyone been following this or read anything further about the "when."

It was talked about a lot around the first of the year as April. Then April 15th. And then silence.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

Its that dreaded test #7 that they talk about in the intro video! lol

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

There is a rumor swirling that it has been postponed/canceled...don't have more than that right now.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

I think they are waiting to see how radiator springs racers does before they make a decision whether to go for it or not... Don't want the delays they had for opening...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Man, I hope not. They at least need to do something with that queue even if they don't touch the ride.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast