Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Test Track 2012 Update in the News & Rumors forums; i think we will hear more when CarsLand opens......
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Test Track 2012 Update

i think we will hear more when CarsLand opens...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

The only continual issues I've had on the ride is poor audio quality and broken monitors. But that would mean fixing the cars, not the ride course.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

those were my biggest issues as well... I'm not looking for much personally...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Despite the fact that the same dates have been posted on the TouringPlans.com refurbishment page since Disney first announced that Test Track would be overhauled back in January, we felt it pertinent to remind everyone that the ride will be closing on April 16 and remain closed until at least mid-September of this year.

Disney had been avoiding the issue by not acknowledging the closure on its official website calendar. Even internal Disney calendars didn’t list the closure as existing – this caused a lot of unnecessary confusion. There are a lot of people who are going to be in Epcot come April 16 who don’t think Test Track is going to be closed. Get the word out, tell random strangers.

The closure is really “confirmed” now because operational schedules covering April 16 were posted for the cast working at Epcot today. They were informed that the Test Track attraction building would be off-limits as it would be under Imagineering’s jurisdiction for the redevelopment. Additionally, Guest Relations staff are scheduled to be stationed out front to answer questions that park guests may have about the closure.

As far as a plan of attack for touring the park itself: when the crowd splits in the morning to go between Soarin’ and the not-open Test Track, obviously you need to go to Soarin’. After that, if you want to do Mission: SPACE, make a bee-line for that attraction. Be advised that Epcot operations is keenly aware that losing Test Track for an extended period puts them in a unique predicament – it was their first FASTPASS attraction and primary way for them to control crowd patterns. The park has been coming up with possible solutions and “tests” to run during this period, so keep an eye on this blog for updates in the coming months. We’ll post updates as more information becomes available.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I am dumbfounded that Disney just didn't put it on the the schedule for refurb. I saw the 16 April park map and it is equally stupid. 'we are gearing up' just say closed. This is so blessed strange.

There is also a new map coming out for the MK on 16 April for the MK. Generally there are only new maps if there is a significant known change. Can't wait to see what is different about the MK come Monday.

I completely understand refurb's however what's up with not leveling with the guests. Ya, forum folk watch and listen but I'm betting the vast majority of the Guests believe the Official Disney Sight to be honest and accurate.

Would love to hear the back story to this PR stunt!

THANK YOU FOR POSTING!
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 04-11-2012 at 11:27 PM.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I waiting to hear what the guest recovery nightmare at Epcot will be like...

For the MK map, they may be pulling Snow White's Scary Adventures off the map early, and it was just a convenient time to order new maps. And maybe Kodak won't be on them
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Imagine the pre-internet days when you didn't know something was closed until you actually got to the park?

Now we whine because closure's aren't listed on their website?

My goodness, these first world problems are killers!

However the world has evolved and so did Disney, room booking a trip, check-in, ADR's, Park Hours, forums, blogs, etc., their choice to create a website and chose to maintain it inaccurately. When a business puts forward their website as the latest and most accurate information and set up their business model up as everything can be done online, then guests should be able to anticipate that the information provided is correct. It obviously is a third world problem that Disney is struggling with and failing. Such a large corporation with resources and failing in this regard.

I don't prefer the old way of booking trips. It is nice to be able to look online and see what the offers are, what will be closed, what the park hours are. I'd just like to know what the back story to deliberately leaving Test Track off the the refurb list while listing the other attractions. It is curious.

Doc-No, there was a special shipment of maps for both Epcot and MK. From what I am understanding the MK is bringing in a new group of Characters for Brave and in a special location. Not sure if that is the only thing, Liberty boat is to go down then too.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Doc-No, there was a special shipment of maps for both Epcot and MK. From what I am understanding the MK is bringing in a new group of Characters for Brave and in a special location. Not sure if that is the only thing, Liberty boat is to go down then too.
    From what I understand, Brave is going to be the interactive replacement to Rapunzel, who will be moved to the Town Square area.
    Last edited by supernova; 04-12-2012 at 07:48 PM.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    From what I understand, Brave is going ot be the interactive replacement to Rapunzel, who will be moved to the Town Square area.
    Well that is cool. That would explain wanting Brave on the map. Liberty Boat going down for refurb, not likely to ruffle to many guests.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by HG
    However the world has evolved and so did Disney
    And now we are OWED as much.

These first world problems are just killing us!

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    And now we are OWED as much.

These first world problems are just killing us!
    I'm not following your point. Disney has been guiding their guests over many years to use the Internet and are implementing more of their procedures and information over the web for us to use over our cells and computers. It is more efficient for the guests and substantially cheaper for Disney. Are you asking if Disney then owes the Guests accurate information? If that be the case how would Disney posting accurate information on the Internet be killing us?

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

PS my last post was from touring plans.com
    Last edited by nicholas; 04-13-2012 at 02:20 AM.

"The Land and Character Spot to be open late during Test Track's refurbishment
    Apr 12, 2012

"Epcot's Test Track is closing for refurbishment from April 16 2012 through to late fall 2012. During this time, both The Land Pavilion and Character Spot will be staying open until 10pm to help soak up some of Test Track's lost capacity."

posted on:
    -WDW Magic-

Boy, grasphing at straws. If guests are going to bolt a day to see Harry Potter, this would be the park to drop this year.

And Inside the Magic is reporting:

"An a cappella singing group called “Test Track Allstars” A Cappella will perform each day during the attraction’s closure in front of the Test Track pavilion. It’s not yet clear what “travel-themed” songs the group will be singing, but some Epcot fans are already hoping “It’s Fun to Be Free,” the theme song to the old World of Motion attraction (which Test Track replaced), is part of their set."

and the comments from Disney on the three make-up for Test Track:

"Disney is calling these additions “surprise and delight” offerings, both beginning Monday, April 16, 2012."

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast