Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Test Track 2012 Update in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by BamaJenn Hmmmm.... interesting. The "bass" guy looks a bit familiar to me... wonder if it was him. Tall skinny white guy? Yes, I believe that was him, ...
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: Test Track 2012 Update

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Hmmmm.... interesting. The "bass" guy looks a bit familiar to me... wonder if it was him. Tall skinny white guy?
    Yes, I believe that was him, with the lighter hair. It's difficult to know for sure as there are a lot of Dapper Dans. Several could be subs for the main players in the Dans, Voices of Liberty, etc.

And I doubt that Chevy's "head of human resources" is hanging around Test Track every day singing...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Along with this, what I do find odd is how hush they are being about the refurbishment. Usually Disney is quick to release concept art. Look at what they've been doing with Fantasyland. Images released before a shovel even broke ground. I know it's not the case, but I almost feel as if they're going to be making this one up as they go along.
    I think you may be comparing apples and oranges here.

I can't recall, but were there a lot of concept art photos released for Mansion, Spaceship Earth, Space Mountain when they went down for their lengthy refurbs?

Seems like you only get that when they are actually building something brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    I think you may be comparing apples and oranges here.

I can't recall, but were there a lot of concept art photos released for Mansion, Spaceship Earth, Space Mountain when they went down for their lengthy refurbs?

Seems like you only get that when they are actually building something brand new.
    Space Mountain wasn't a major change despite the length, but I think there was a bit of artwork about the queue area.

I think there was something for the Escher stairs as well for Mansion.

This is a little more elaborate than either I think (although closer to Mansion), as they've announced redesigned queue and exit areas. You would think there would be something. We DID get something - the artwork of the vehicle shell shown on the WDW Test Track page.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Yeah, but I don't remember getting those scant photos early on, of before the refurbs started. Do you?

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i remember having some tangible descriptions on some of them... we knew what was happening in Space... and the queue though we weren't told at day one, we were aware not long after what was happening... i think the issue here is that Disney is unsure of what they are doing and what will be implemented until Radiator Springs Racers comes on line... i think they want to add elements from that attraction but they do not want to make definite decisions until they safe the technology in action... i think that might explain some of the quietness about the refurb...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

I'll buy that.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

That's exactly what I was saying too, Joe. It seems that Disney is going to be doing this one by the seat of their pants. Probably not the case, but it does appear that they've boarded up the area, took one look and said, "OK, so... now what?"
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I think their fear is a repeat of the original Test Track... They don't want to add technology that they cannot keep running... So CA for the first time might be the guinea pig..l though I do find it curious if thats the case why they closed Test Track if they are waiting for Carsland...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Well, it doesn't necessarily mean they don't already have other things that they can start working on. I don't know why they need to wait for green lights from CA to start destruction/reconstruction of the queue and exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Well, it doesn't necessarily mean they don't already have other things that they can start working on. I don't know why they need to wait for green lights from CA to start destruction/reconstruction of the queue and exit.
    they might not be... i think they are waiting on CA for the refurbishment of the actual ride... the queue and such they can do now without delay... maybe they are prepping the attraction for refurb... anyone know when CarsLand opens...? i know i can look it up but...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by weepstah View Post
    Gabe, just wondering - were you actually able to hit the Land after 9? Just wondering what your experience was if you did.
    Yes I was. I saw Illuminations near Mexico, followed the park out of the showcase. I veared off to the left and nobody followed. Marched to the land, there were cast members stationed outside that looked like they should have been at Buckingham Palace standing guard looking straight forward. I hiked up the hill, a few guests cutting through the area said, they are letting her in and followed me. The wait said 10 minutes which wasn't true. It was the first time I noticed that it was at least a block walk to the queues to enter the ride. Once I hit that area they stopped us to turn right. They stopped us again to divide us to the 3 different groups. Our only wait was waiting for the previous voyage to end.

When I came out the Circle of Life was still open, that CM didn't make eye contact either and the Land was open with little wait either. When I was done with Soarn I was able to get on a bus with a seat with only a 10 minute wait.

Now I want to see what Epcot will do next. It wasn't on the time guide or park map as open an hour later when my vacation ended. So the Land wasn't well received because nobody knew. It was a two week trial, but how they can call it a trial when so few knew??? So two options, Epcot will discontinue because it was poorly received, hahaha, or they will put it on the map and be swamped.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Now I want to see what Epcot will do next. It wasn't on the time guide or park map as open an hour later when my vacation ended. So the Land wasn't well received because nobody knew. It was a two week trial, but how they can call it a trial when so few knew??? So two options, Epcot will discontinue because it was poorly received, hahaha, or they will put it on the map and be swamped.
    For shame... now you're synically thinking like a corporation. Perish the thought that Disney would EVER pull the old, "let's pull the plug on the failed test period that we neglected to tell the public about in the first place" move.

I never thought leaving that area open late would be the right move anyway, and you've given Disney the out they were looking for in the first place, should they decide to go that route. Yes, people will be annoyed about Test Track and will probably make their way to Soarin'. And yes, instead of splitting off into two directions at opening time, more people will head to the right than left (except for those Mission Space diehards). But by the end of the night, the majority of the park usually seems to be at IllumiNations or having a meal. Those return visitors who have already seen the show will be riding other rides. So does Disney just keep operating the ride until 10 but not take additional riders to the line?

The trouble/trick for now is that it's only April and crowds are still relatively low. Even the spring/Easter crowds do not compare to the summer numbers, and for now people who do not seek out bits like this don't have any idea. But that doesn't mean that people who discovered it now won't be telling their friends when they get back in advance of a summer trip. Word of mouth might fix the "unknow" issue for Disney and they won't have to reprint maps. Once you make it official, that's it. Otherwise, you let those who know show up and not create a nightmare you don't need. Will an hour be enough time to get the bulk of the summer crowd riders through? Will they cut the line at 10? Summer should be intersting. That is, IF Disney doesn't try to claim that their test was not a success and simply cuts the trial off before then.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

It was strange. Me, I'd make it go away but glad I was able to take advantage of it. It is always kinda cool just to wander around in an empty, popular venue. I did ponder that it was Disney's way of appeasing those who had a fit that Disney didn't give them notice of TT closure, not everyone reads the forums like we do.

Now that there has been formally posted that Test Track is closed, after two weeks they can just go back to their normal operating hours of the Land. But that is just me thinking out-loud.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Details are emerging from a press conference today at WDW for various things, mostly about plans for the summer, but they got in to Test Track. Here is what I'm hearing:

- Guests will receive a card to carry their design info. Sounds very much like Sum of All Thrills.

- The design decisions guests make will simply result in a score. The ride itself, in terms of the track, movement, speed, etc. will not change at all.

- All the interior scenes will be new. Some of the concept art makes it seem computer-like - and dare I say it - TRON-ish. Inside The Magic has a photostream. Some will be physical, and some will be digital effects.

- The cars will somehow change when you get in...not sure what that means yet, but it jibes with rumors. My first thought is the shell is basically and LCD/LED screen, but I think that's expensive and a maintenance nightmare...
    Doc

Wow.

Those concept pics do indeed make it look TRON-ish.

What a concept! A futuristic look in Future World again.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast