Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Be Our Guest Restaurant in the News & Rumors forums; I haven't heard a date yet, but I'm definatley going when it opens!...
    Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Be Our Guest Restaurant

I haven't heard a date yet, but I'm definatley going when it opens!
    999,999 score on BLSRS! Galactic Hero!

I love working in the Theme Park Industry!

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by rosworms View Post
    I NEED it to be open in October. we will be there for our disney wedding and my fiance has never been to Disney. This thing is what he talks about most.
    "Will we get to see the beauty and the beast castle?" "Will the batb castle be there?" etc etc....
    Since he has never been much of a disney fan... seeing him this excited about something in WDW is amazing.
    Until something "official" has been announced by Disney, don't get his hopes up. I'd hate for that to be a damper on his first trip and wedding time at WDW.

After hearing this, I am even more keeping my fingers crossed it is open in October. Good Luck!!!

If not October, it has to be open before the week of Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving and Christmas are peak weeks and lots of paying guests. Of course, this is the first time in years we aren't planning a winter trip to WDW.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

MissMEY is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by rosworms View Post
    I NEED it to be open in October. we will be there for our disney wedding and my fiance has never been to Disney. This thing is what he talks about most.
    "Will we get to see the beauty and the beast castle?" "Will the batb castle be there?" etc etc....
    Since he has never been much of a disney fan... seeing him this excited about something in WDW is amazing.
    Keeping all crossed... I would love 31st aug as last night of my hols but alas then it wouldn't be fall 2012 would it!

Disney wedding sounds amazing....

Staying at Old Key West & cruising on the Disney Fantasy

HOST AT THE MINNIE MINXES DISNEY PODCAST
    An all-female Disney podcast from the UK

www.facebook.com/theminnieminxesdisneypodcast
    Our Blog http://theminnieminxes.blogspot.co.uk Our Twitter@theminnieminxes

Quote Originally Posted by Hiddenmickeyboy View Post
    I haven't heard a date yet, but I'm definatley going when it opens!
    Me too!
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)

"Sparkly"

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Isn't BOGR supposed to be a counter service by day and ADR by night?
    Be Our Guest Restaurant has been advertised as . . .
    the restaurant will offer quick-service lunches and table-service dinners inside the Beast’s elegant ballroom, gallery and eerie “west-wing.”

Beast Castle

(picture from Disney Parks Blog)

Statement from Disney Parks Blog . . .
    The new area will open in phases, beginning in late 2012.

This a great blog with artist's renderings of the new Beast Castle and pictures of the construction. Check it out HERE.

With the above statement from Disney, it doesn't even indicate if the restaurant will be open in late 2012. They have to know all this vague information, is making those planning a trip to WDW in late 2012 very frustrated.
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

Took our daughter to see Beauty and the Beast 3D yesterday. She has seen the movie at home on Blu Ray. But, this was the first time in a theater. (Originally released in 1991. I was just barely out of high school! .) She loved it! Me, I felt the 3D could have been better. Putting an overlay of trees in front of a scene doesn't thrill me in the 3D department. I feel it could have been better. Finding Nemo 3D was one of the movie trailers and I hope they do that one right. It could be spectacular in 3D (if done right!). The Tangled short at the beginning of the movie was cute.

Having Beauty and the Beast in theaters will certainly respark the interest in the movie and then of course, it flows into the park with the new Beast Castle w/Be Our Guest Restaurant, Belle's Village with Gaston's Tavern, shops and Enchanted Tales with Belle (a storytelling area). I remember in the past, Belle did storytelling near Cinderella Castle and it was usually empty. Poor Belle, she got booted by Rapunzel. I see Belle becoming a new favorite princess of little girls this year. She's smart and strong. A great role model IMHO.

Question:
    I know it has always been a big deal to NOT serve alcohol at the Magic Kingdom. Will that change with Gaston's Tavern??? Will they start serving alcohol at the Magic Kingdom. To be honest, I am fine either way. Just curious if anyone has heard of a change.
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

Thom Morrow is offline B-Ticket Holder

Per the alcohol: I DOUBT it. It was something Walt never wanted there. If they decided to do it just at the Tavern, the place would quickly become a bottleneck and they would have to expand service to other areas of the park, which would totally change things.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Disney did debate several years ago about lifting the prohibition at the MK. My gut is they will revisit it again someday. Alcohol works pretty well at DHS, Epcot Future World and at AK, heck even at the water parks. Epcot World Showcase, well they have issues there, not a lot of variety so guests tend to tip more than a few but at least there are not any fast or spinney rides.

I think it is more the attractions vs Walt at the MK. What Walt would have wanted anymore, it is just an excuse. Disney has already massacred so many of Walt's original ideals.

Again my gut feeling is they are more concerned at the MK about the volume of Protein Spills caused by alcohol that the CM's would have to contend with and shutting down the attractions. Some of the longer rides, like HM, Pirates, Small World, Splash, you have guests getting ill on these rides.....yikes.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

I can imagine the amount of intoxicated people who would try and ride the tea cups. Now that wouold be a mess
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Disney did debate several years ago about lifting the prohibition at the MK. My gut is they will revisit it again someday. Alcohol works pretty well at DHS, Epcot Future World and at AK, heck even at the water parks. Epcot World Showcase, well they have issues there, not a lot of variety so guests tend to tip more than a few but at least there are not any fast or spinney rides.

I think it is more the attractions vs Walt at the MK. What Walt would have wanted anymore, it is just an excuse. Disney has already massacred so many of Walt's original ideals.

Again my gut feeling is they are more concerned at the MK about the volume of Protein Spills caused by alcohol that the CM's would have to contend with and shutting down the attractions. Some of the longer rides, like HM, Pirates, Small World, Splash, you have guests getting ill on these rides.....yikes.
    They already get sick on them, just not from alcohol...so there probably won't be much of a change, really.

Also, the DO serve alcohol in the MK, during non-public special events. So there is no "NO ALCOHOL IN THE MK" rule in effect.

But I personally don't expect alcohol service to start any time soon.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    They already get sick on them, just not from alcohol...so there probably won't be much of a change, really.
    Don't agree with the not much of a change. You start putting drunk guests on attractios I'm putting my money on an increase in protein spills.
    Nasty clean up in water related attractions.

Also, the DO serve alcohol in the MK, during non-public special events. So there is no "NO ALCOHOL IN THE MK" rule in effect.
    I'm not even sure how to reply to that. Are you making a joke, being condescending, I'm not sure. There are exceptions to many things in WDW for the "special" ticket events, even the special dinners in the Haunted Mansion and the invite to Liberty Tree, but by the preceding posts you can tell we were discussing the possibility of lifting the prohibition due to the Tavern opening in Fantasyland, not the VIP and Hard Ticket events.
    Right now when the rope drops you can't buy liquior at the MK and arriving with a six pack would be frowned upon.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I'm not even sure how to reply to that. Are you making a joke, being condescending, I'm not sure. There are exceptions to many things in WDW for the "special" ticket events, even the special dinners in the Haunted Mansion and the invite to Liberty Tree, but by the preceding posts you can tell we were discussing the possibility of lifting the prohibition due to the Tavern opening in Fantasyland, not the VIP and Hard Ticket events.
    Right now when the rope drops you can't buy liquior at the MK and arriving with a six pack would be frowned upon.
    Not being condescending at all or making a joke, and it wasn't a direct reply to you but a general statement. I'm just stating that there isn't a hard rule as it is that they cannot serve alcohol in the MK, as they actually do, just not currently during public hours (and not even during hard ticket events, usually - the special dinners are relatively new - but during private events that are not attended by the public they often do). There is a misconception that alcohol is never served in the MK.

I'm just saying that alcohol HAS been served in the MK, it is not banned. They just do not currently serve it to the public during park hours. So it would not be a HUGE step to start allowing it - I just don't think they are planning to.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I can imagine the amount of intoxicated people who would try and ride the tea cups. Now that wouold be a mess
    Though it would make for one helI of a fountain effect on the double Dumbo ride.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

ecmickey is offline B-Ticket Holder

I'm going this year after Thanksgiving and I'm hoping we can eat at the BOGR. That should be late enough in the year for us to be safe, but I hope those of you going earlier in the Fall will get to enjoy it, also. Who knows, they may get it done earlier or have a soft opening....that would be really nice.
    "How high can a sycamore grow; if you cut it down then you will never know."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12