Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Snow White's Scary Adventures closes May 31st in the News & Rumors forums; Officially per the Parks Blog, Snow White's Scary Adventures will have it's last day on Thursday, May 31st, to begin work on converting it to the new Princess M&G location....
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Snow White's Scary Adventures closes May 31st

Officially per the Parks Blog, Snow White's Scary Adventures will have it's last day on Thursday, May 31st, to begin work on converting it to the new Princess M&G location.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

Re: Snow White's Scary Adventures closes May 31st

NOO... 2 weeks before I go..
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Yep I saw that this morning out on WDWNewsToday.com. I was secretly hoping this would never be confirmed and maybe they'd find a way to fit it into the new build out and theming but I knew it was coming (so much so that I added the attraction to my extinct list). When I saw the announcement this morning I became really happy that we all got one last ride on it in September!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

Oh I'm most definitely glad I was able to ride it 2-3 times in December... just wanted to ride it again before it officially closed. It was one of my favorite dark rides.
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I got to ride it back in June with my daddy for the first time. I enjoyed it... I wish I could have gotten to ride to before my trip but as like Sarah it is closing two weeks before I get there.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Not exactly one of my most Treasured attractions but a little sad. It is dumbfounding that they would rip out an attraction to house a meet and greet with multiple building being empty for so long. I wonder who's bright idea this was, I'd like to have been the fly on the wall when he/she pitched the concept. Oy.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

simba is offline A-Ticket holder

I am utterly disgusted by the fact that they are removing this classic--especially for a meet and greet. Character meet and greets have completely lost their magic. They used to be a lot of fun when they were random. You never really knew who was meeting people or where. The town square parties where 15 or 20 characters would hang out and take photos. Now you have to go inside, out of the magic of, into a boring queue to be pushed through a meet and greet with artificial scenery. At least World Showcase still has outdoor meets around the prominade
    David Simba Zitzelberger
    Author, Painter, Disney Enthusiast

Author of the fictional Disney novel "Magical Escapades":
    http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/magicalescapades

Disney College Program Fall 2012--Merchandise

Blog: www.magicalescapades.blogspot.com

2011-December, Port Orleans Riverside
    2011-March, Day visit to Wilderness Lodge
    2010-May, Disneyland
    2009-June, Hilton Grand Vacations
    2008-December, Port Orleans Riverside
    2007-July, Pop Century
    2004-August, All Star Movies Fantasia
    2002-June, All Star Movies 101 Dalmatians
    1995-July, Dixie Landings

clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

At least I'll be able to ride it a couple more times when I go next month...
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

While it was okay, I'm looking forward to the new Fantasyland.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I guess it is a bit weird that an opening day attraction is being brushed aside for a new... wait for it wait for it... meet and greet opens...! yay the excitement...! but seriously this attraction never did crack my top 10 or even 15...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    I guess it is a bit weird that an opening day attraction is being brushed aside for a new... wait for it wait for it... meet and greet opens...! yay the excitement...! but seriously this attraction never did crack my top 10 or even 15...
    I'm with ya about it not being in my top list, it is just silly to trade an attraction for a meet and greet.
    So with Simba, it was fun when my kids were small and the characters just popped up and they'd get their picture or autograph and we'd continue on. Now, this year WDW rolls out a fastpass concept for meet and greets, making family trips more complicated than need be. Can't tell you how many pictures I have from Mickey and Friends just hanging around Space Ship Earth. No big lines.

Disney still has not learned what Universal seems to now comprehend. If you are going to rip down a now mediocre attraction like Jaws, you replace it with something like Phase 2 of Harry Potter.

Believe we are now seeing the unfortunate results of Disney firing and forced retirements of their great imagineers with vision. Current ones do not have a lot of vision, their mentors are gone. So we get meet and greets instead of an attraction and projects like Hyperion.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

We ARE getting an attraction - two, in fact, in the Ariel Undersea Adventure and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train coaster. They may not be the thrill rides as many hoped, but it's a lot more than we've gotten lately.

I think the days of the impromptu meetings with characters are long gone. As the parks became more crowded, and more information became available, and people wanting to meet characters grew, having them just wandering around kinda became impossible.

And although it's sad to see a "classic" attraction go away, it's not the first time it's happened, and it doesn't seem like SWSA was terribly high on people's must-do lists.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    We ARE getting an attraction - two, in fact, in the Ariel Undersea Adventure and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train coaster. They may not be the thrill rides as many hoped, but it's a lot more than we've gotten lately.

I think the days of the impromptu meetings with characters are long gone. As the parks became more crowded, and more information became available, and people wanting to meet characters grew, having them just wandering around kinda became impossible.

And although it's sad to see a "classic" attraction go away, it's not the first time it's happened, and it doesn't seem like SWSA was terribly high on people's must-do lists.
    Doc you are right... we have lost the days when a random character would just come right out and sign autograph books and pose for pictures... what do you think is the reason for this...? is it that America, or the world for that matter has become to impatient, so lines are necessary to regulate...? or did Disney find it an idea to sell PhotoPass pictures...?
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    Doc you are right... we have lost the days when a random character would just come right out and sign autograph books and pose for pictures... what do you think is the reason for this...? is it that America, or the world for that matter has become to impatient, so lines are necessary to regulate...? or did Disney find it an idea to sell PhotoPass pictures...?
    I don't know precisely the reasons, but two come to immediate mind...

Crowd control: If a character popped up and just started allowing pictures to be taken, next thing you know there would be a crowd waiting to get pictures and autographs. But it wouldn't be organized. People would start jostling for position to be next, people would complain that their child was next, etc. And then if it was time to leave, the character could find themselves trapped.

Guest's sense of entitlement: As prices have gone up, so have guest's expectations to get value for their money. "I paid X thousands of dollars for this vacation, and my children are going to get a picture with Y and I demand special treatment!" It's said how much that get's uttered around the World. I wish they'd focus it in areas where it might do more good..."I paid $10 for these 6 chicken nuggets, and even my will-eat-anything-called-a-chicken-nugget kid won't eat it! Make better food!"
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I don't know precisely the reasons, but two come to immediate mind...

Crowd control: If a character popped up and just started allowing pictures to be taken, next thing you know there would be a crowd waiting to get pictures and autographs. But it wouldn't be organized. People would start jostling for position to be next, people would complain that their child was next, etc. And then if it was time to leave, the character could find themselves trapped.

Guest's sense of entitlement: As prices have gone up, so have guest's expectations to get value for their money. "I paid X thousands of dollars for this vacation, and my children are going to get a picture with Y and I demand special treatment!" It's said how much that get's uttered around the World. I wish they'd focus it in areas where it might do more good..."I paid $10 for these 6 chicken nuggets, and even my will-eat-anything-called-a-chicken-nugget kid won't eat it! Make better food!"
    That is kind of what I was thinking in that sense...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast