Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Habit Heroes Closes in the News & Rumors forums; It appears there was no recovery for Disney or the sponsor after the major faux pas. Still can't believe the imagineers thought this attraction was appropriate and Disney needed the ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Habit Heroes Closes

It appears there was no recovery for Disney or the sponsor after the major faux pas. Still can't believe the imagineers thought this attraction was appropriate and Disney needed the public at large to explain to them it wasn't.

Well according to Jeff Kober he reports and photographs.....

Whatever remained of Habit Heroes has been completely covered up and/or removed. While other exhibit areas at Innoventions have signage noting "work in progress," there are no signs present in this exhibit area.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

I'm unfamiliar, what was Habit Heroes?

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    I'm unfamiliar, what was Habit Heroes?
    It was an attraction in Innoventions that was very short lived. Many faux pas about people and their weight. closed for tweaking, subsequently Disney said after it was pulled that it was only a soft opening to gauge how guests responded to it. Badly. Duh. So ultimately the sign stayed there since winter saying being refurbished and is now quietly disappearing without comment.

http://progresscityusa.com/2012/02/2...uch/#more-5797

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

What a complete and udder waste of money and resources... This attraction I don't think made it past soft openings...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I can't believe Disney caved in on this one. Very disappointed in them. Set up an attraction and stand your ground. I absolutely liken this to Universal's issues with the Harry Potter ride. Or even to the issue of selling two seats to people who cannot fit into one. Universal had some initial issues with the Mummy and moreso with Harry Potter, where larger people were complaining that they were feeling discriminated against because they couldn't ride. Now Universal has been forced to put ride vehicles outside the attraction so people can try to fit into the seat before they waste time standing on line, only to learn that the vehicle cannot accommodate them once they are inside the building.

In this case, Disney caved in to a special interest group moreso than public pressure. Universal had to face the angry public. In my opinion, if you allow yourself to get so fat that you can't fit onto a carnival ride, then perhaps it's time to stop pointing fingers and start looking a bit closer to home. Afterall, isn't that what Habbit Heroes was all about in the first place?
    Evilduckqueen likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I disagree.

Three clicks was a safety issue.

You can't honestly compare that to a poorly thought out, and mildly insulting, attraction in Innoventions. They may have both been faux pas, but one potentially insulted a larger park goer, while the other could potentially cause them bodily harm, or worse.

Safety is only a concern when the lap bar or shoulder harness can be locked safely into place. Which is not a case of faulty construction. The belts lock just fine. When they fit.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

The three clicks issue with the Potter coasters was indeed an issue of the shoulder harness not locking safely into place, though.

[QUOTE=JNota0005DakMC;1009475]What a complete and udder waste of money and resources... QUOTE]

That sums it up nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    The three clicks issue with the Potter coasters was indeed an issue of the shoulder harness not locking safely into place, though.
    Still, it wasn't on the entire ride. There was no uproar from the public to reconfigure the seats because of safety harness clicks. Same with the Mummy ride. And for that matter, same with seatbelts on airplanes.

Um, OK.

So why are these two issues similar, again?

Large guests complained that they couldn't ride certain rides at Universal. Now special interst groups are boycotting this Disney attraction because the overall theme is pointing out that we're allowing our kids to get too fat. Fairly similar, me thinks.

Not similar at all, IMO.

One was specifically designed to villify fat people. The other simply an engineering faux pas.

I guess it goes back to my point more than to the issue of the two rides. If you've allowed yourself to get so big that you can't fit on a carnival ride (or you are offended by an attraction that points out where you went wrong in life), then perhaps you should stop blaming society and start looking a bit closer to home.

Well slap me with the stupid stick. Of all the attractions that are sitting dormant I never thought Disney would bring this one back.

Epcot Habit Heroes reopens: Controversial Epcot attraction Habit Heroes reopens - OrlandoSentinel.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast