Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Habit Heroes Closes in the News & Rumors forums; Rumors from the parks say that Habit Heroes at Innoventions East has closed up shop at least for the time being... I wonder if this is permanent... there has been ...
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Habit Heroes Closes

Rumors from the parks say that Habit Heroes at Innoventions East has closed up shop at least for the time being... I wonder if this is permanent... there has been some major backlash from groups that it is picking up where the bullies in school left off... personally it never sounded like it was a good idea form day one...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Habit Heroes Closes

I had glanced over it when Deb Willis posted her blog about it earlier this month. She seemed to half hearted enjoy it and pointed out its faults. Disney using Marvel Character to divide the up the healthy from their vision of healthy kinda made me uncomfortable but I only saw what Allears.net posted in the Deb Willis blog of February 7th. The barbie doll skinny for the healthy really drew the line at what Disney wanted to put forth as a target look.

I'm just not a fan of making someone feel bad about themselves to drive home your position or point.
    Will be interesting if they revamp this or just make it go away. According to Deb Willis it is sponsored by a division of Blue Cross. Surprised Blue Cross didn't vet this out a bit better even if Disney didn't before they sponsored this innovation.

Did Lou review this?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Did this ever officially open? I just remember a few soft openings and CM previews. Sounded kinda dumb from the beginning.

Yes it did. The middle of the first week of February. It is on You Tube. Parks were real crowded for Presidents weekend, just before and after also. The temps also rose high into the 80's so guests were looking for air conditioning. Think this is when guests finally discovered Habit Heroes, thus the delay in the backlash. Never see much traffic through innovations during the low attendance weeks.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Communicore/Innoventions has been a mess from the day EPCOT Center opened. I don't even bother with them anymore.

Dr. Charles Lewis was the living healthy Doc that was consulted when the Wonders of Life pavilion was being designed. It is too bad nobody went back and looked over some of his wisdom when they were designing Habit Heroes. Here are a few tidbits.

Thou shalt not increase fear or anxiety, send put downs message to any group related to "healthy habits" or increase the dependency of individuals on others.

It will only be successful if it fun.

If it is a ton of fun and an ounce of information, you have a teachable moment.

Have you been reading Progress City's blog about this?

http://progresscityusa.com/2012/02/2...uch/#more-5797

The guy that owns that blog also brought up those same points.

Caught it on Main Street Gazette this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Communicore/Innoventions has been a mess from the day EPCOT Center opened. I don't even bother with them anymore.
    I enjoyed Communicore way back when, also with Space Ship Earth, Earth Station as did my kids. At that point both had quality areas. Tech just sped so quickly in the 1990's both became obsolete, Disney didn't keep up with the future and wound up being tech past. We really enjoyed calling home in the phone booth of the future, where we all could talk at once. Funny now there are not any phone booths and you just put your cell on speaker.

Innoventions, I always found to be piece-meal and very cheap. Yet another building that could be put to much better use. Unfortunately the new Disney just locks the door.

The original Communicore had its charms, but it was still rather underwhelming. The only thing that was truly great was the old store there. What was that called?

Was it Centorium?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    The original Communicore had its charms, but it was still rather underwhelming. The only thing that was truly great was the old store there. What was that called?

Was it Centorium?
    Centorium sound familiar. Actually the stores early on at Epcot were very diverse and so many offerings.
    My DD still has many things from the store in WoL. They were unique. Communicore to me was very unique for its time. Add on Epcot was amazing, before the only offering was MK or DL.

akur is offline 1 hour's drive to WDW.

I remember the big phone/phonebooth. And the I/O thingeemajig. And the polls of the century or whatever it was called.
    Ana The Librarian

I trade books! See my available list at:
    Books available

Have books to trade? Join Paperback Swap

I had to Giggle this week at Disney. They have now said that the opening of Habit Heroes was only a soft opening and that the soft opening was only to garner Guests opinions of the attraction. And they did their soft opening gathered reactions and now it closed for future refurbishments and no dates available for coming out of refurbishment. Oy.

The more they try to defend themselves the more they need too.

The mOre they defend themselves the dumber they look... Just admit you screwed up and your fixing it... That's a better PR move then just claiming it was in test...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

I saw a photo tonight, they added a new sign for the attraction. So either they are going to re-open or the sign was ordered already and it looks better than the plain board over the attraction.

i have heard that they are planning on reopening... but i think after the "tests" they are rethinking the attraction itself... shocker...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast