Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Storybook Circus area soft opening in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by supernova I knew two of the three for sure, but with the soft opening I wasn't sure they were operating the train station just yet. Thanks for ...
    eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Re: Storybook Circus area soft opening

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I knew two of the three for sure, but with the soft opening I wasn't sure they were operating the train station just yet. Thanks for the update!
    You're welcome!! Lou did a live walk through the other night of the new area, check it out under videos! Plus many others have reviewed as well. I can't wait til May!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I am interested in seeing how the new train station looks... August will be my first look...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Saw it today....I LOVE the train station! Such a massive improvement. Gorgeous. The spiel has been updated on the railroad, as well. All of the construction is coming along nicely, but the only thing I don't like is how close the speedway is to Dumbo (as discussed multiple times).

Pic:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Has anyone heard if the area has remained open?
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

I'm looking forward to seeing the area next month but I'm not a fan of Dumbo. I agree with Nova, I'm not waiting 45 minutes to ride spinning elephants. Even when my girls go, we stear them over to the magic carpets and ride that if the wait is shorter. I hope to ride the train. I never have and honestly never really think about it when we go.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing the area next month but I'm not a fan of Dumbo. I agree with Nova, I'm not waiting 45 minutes to ride spinning elephants. Even when my girls go, we stear them over to the magic carpets and ride that if the wait is shorter. I hope to ride the train. I never have and honestly never really think about it when we go.
    I just want to see Dumbo at night. Even the YouTubes look pretty, good imagineering it appears. Roller-coaster, they really Minus'd the heck out of what it was previously. Plopped a BillBoard and a box with a Goofy cut out, done. Hmpf.

We have always ridden the trains. My son when tiny was in love with trains. Now we use them as transportation to get to other ends of the park. If you want to leave the park while people are lining Main Street for a parade or Wishes it is a great bypass. Also great for tired feet or on hot days to hop the various lands.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

According to the article, the crowds were waiting to get into the parks this morning, so it couldn't have been too too late. Probably not rope drop, but maybe the following hour or so. Watch Disney try to spin this into "Wow, our very first day of Storybook Circus drew in crazy crowds".
    That photo was actually late morning. It was in a tweet from another forum as he was entering the park.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

i still say i wanna see how the rest of the park looked... it would be a sign as to the busy-ness of the parks...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    i still say i wanna see how the rest of the park looked... it would be a sign as to the busy-ness of the parks...
    The park was extremely busy that particular day. Word did leak that there would be the soft opening of Storybook. It was also the start of some of the college spring breaks and Florida Spring breaks for some local Elementary and High Schools. The parking lot was packed, cars lined up way down the road to get in hours past opening. The lines for the Tickets at the TTC backed up to the tram area. Guests were cranky.

From what I was told the TTC was not told of the Soft opening that was leaked and opened with Spring Break staff but not enough to handle the interest of part of Fantasyland expansion opening. (wish that actually surprised me.) Add in the Monorail closed at 11ish for maintenance. It continued through the evening because the locals came back again to see Storybook at night because of the lights on Dumbo rumored to be very pretty. Re-admission was overly high that day.

By Tuesday, TTC returned to its normal busy Spring Break lines. But that was the second time in a 2 weeks that Disney had its CM complement down. While many CM's for the attractions, tickets, entrance etc were staffed and working 14+ hours for the 24 hour day, Disney blew it with the restaurants. Nothing open in early morning besides the bakery and the line was back to the square. Same for lockers. By late, late night Casey's and Cosmic Rays were the only places still open and the lines were beyond ridiculous and seats in Cosmic were not turning over.

So, I wouldn't judge either of these two days as a good indicator. Likely when the next phase soft opens they will have more staff and the next 24 hour day, which will likely not wait for 4 years, will also have some of the bugs worked out of it. But it does look like Spring Break is heavier than expected and the parks are staying open several hours later than scheduled. The MK through March and most of April have already extended park hours.

This concerns me over the opening of new Fantasyland... I get the soft opening but looking at the pics and the walls up for continued construction does anyone have concerns over the look of the area when it opens sans Seven Dwarfs Mine Train...? The construction walls will cheapen the effects... And even the opening in sections is concerning...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

I don't think the Snow White ride is going to open until sometime next year. For now, at least they have the Goofy ride to keep people quiet.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

That's what I mean... What will construction walls in fantasyld look like...? Seems like an odd choice... I feel like this could be an issue... The comparison people will make to potterland...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    That's what I mean... What will construction walls in fantasyld look like...? Seems like an odd choice... I feel like this could be an issue... The comparison people will make to potterland...

The construction walls are ugly where they show in the opened area of Storybook, and only a portion of storybook is open. From what I've seen, even though it is a welcome addition to the park as a whole, the rock walls being built are a rip off of Potterland. Again my opinion, and from what I've seen, Potterland has done a better job quality wise with their "whole-y rock! walls. Disney's rocks are similar to Thunder Mountains, Potters are more realistic. Fantasyland is also rip'n on the Tavern and the Potter butter beer too. Disappointing.

Yet the train station, is beautiful. The brick work that is actually fake, is very convincing. Dumbo, is so pretty to to look at even considering it is a tot ride. The sidewalks imagineering is good. It does leave hope for the balance of Fantasyland expansion.

I can't say I look forward to it, more than initially exploring it for the details but I think for some it will be a draw. I just think the whole area has a very small demographic that it lend itself to. That is poor planning.

Either way, it will still look a lot better than the current Fantasyland's themeing. Of all the lands, that one is poorest, to me. I understand the original concept of a fair going on behind castle walls, but does the average guest fully understand why there are flags flyin above rides? It doesn't fit. They should have scrapped that idea way back when and just themed the ride exteriors to each ride. The fact that they abandoned it and are going with a forest shows that someone used their minds this time. I guess the forest is meant to be just outside the land of the castle? If we're following this correctly.

Either way, it will still look a lot better than the current Fantasyland's themeing. .
    And that is still and understatement. There really wasn't a theme that stuck.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast