Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Storybook Circus area soft opening in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe The podcast you sent me to is the farewell to Mickey's ToonTown Fair before they squished it to make room for a portion of the Fantasyland ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Storybook Circus area soft opening

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    The podcast you sent me to is the farewell to Mickey's ToonTown Fair before they squished it to make room for a portion of the Fantasyland expansion. What you are jumbling up is the Fair was to be temporary, the Storybook Circus was never to be temporary.

From the original announcement and concept art Dumbo was always to be moved next to the Barnstormer. The podcast goes back to February 2010 a few months after the announcement in 2009 at D23. By January 2011 Disney listened to the grips of fans and revamped some of the plans. First dumped was Pixie Hallow, enter Mine Coaster. Also dumped was the Snow White ride for a new meet and greet. Like the Barnstormer the Circus Tents were never intended to be dump'd during the Expansion, they were always meant to be repurposed. Disney actually improved upon these tents yet again adding major steel framing to these and totally recovering the tents. Maybe you confused the former Mickey's ToonTown Fair and the Circus because Disney re-purposed the land, tents, coaster and one of the two Dumbo's?
    I think you're mixing up the real world and the theme world. I never said that the actual Fair land was to be temproary but this new Circus land is permanent. I'm talking strictly in theming. The circus never comes to town and stays there, be it a storybook circus (whatever the helI that is) or otherwise. The fair, the circus, a green market, whatever, they all come and go. Four members understood my post. Here's hoping we can add you as five

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Yep I want that hour of my life back, that was not fun listening to them walk through Mickey's ToonTown Fair for a fond farewell.
    That's how I feel after listening to most podcasts these days.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

I am not a person that has to be "the first". Whether it be to ride an attraction or sail on a Disney ship. (However, I DID have to see The Hunger Games this past weekend! ) I like to wait a bit and let them get out all the kinks. Hopefully, this October is long enough.

We're not taking the kids to WDW this year. I wanted to take them back when the MK is fully accessible and "pretty". No matter how many pictures they put on them, the walls are UGLY and an eye sore. I know you have to take the good with the bad when making progress. I'm just impatient! Get the WHOLE expansion done already!!!

I watched Lou's tour of Storybook Circus the day it came out. I can't wait to see Dumbo illuminated. With the lights reflecting off the water, it looks beautiful! I can't wait to see it in person!!!
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

WDW is having a great Spring Break this year. The pictures of the front gate and soft opening of Storybook Circus are just a casualty of Spring Break. Yes, some in the crowd were press and people that got the news of the soft opening. But, MOST of those people were casual park goers on Spring Break. Second to the week after Christmas, Spring Break is CRAZY at WDW.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

Quote Originally Posted by TXTaylors5 View Post
    WDW is having a great Spring Break this year. The pictures of the front gate and soft opening of Storybook Circus are just a casualty of Spring Break. Yes, some in the crowd were press and people that got the news of the soft opening. But, MOST of those people were casual park goers on Spring Break. Second to the week after Christmas, Spring Break is CRAZY at WDW.
    I always wonder about people who hear about a soft opening and then immediately feel the need to flock to the park. What's the rush?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    A quick search online brought me to, of all places, WDW Radio's podcasts. Wow, this was the first time I've listend to one of Lou's shows. Ever. Not a bad job, although this Korkis guy walks way too much and Lou never bothers to reel him in.
    Jim is somewhat a loose canon. I'm not sure anybody could reel him in. That said, he is an absolute wealth of information. And most of the time he's very entertaining since he tends to let it fly.

I still say Tim Foster is his best "co-host". He's hard to get used to at first, but incredibly entertaining when you finally do.

I gave a few shows a listen, picking topics that I thought would interest me. One of them was absolutely brutal. Hope others I'll try are better.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I always wonder about people who hear about a soft opening and then immediately feel the need to flock to the park. What's the rush?
    Mike I have often wondered that myself... Being an east coaster like me makes us this way I think... I'm not racing to fl to see an area or themed land or attraction because it opened... We have responsibilities.... That comes first... I'll see it when I get there...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    Mike I have often wondered that myself... Being an east coaster like me makes us this way I think... I'm not racing to fl to see an area or themed land or attraction because it opened... We have responsibilities.... That comes first... I'll see it when I get there...
    Right. Especially if the area is new, it's certainly not going anywhere.

I happened to be walking by Spaceship Earth while it had an unannounced soft opening, so I thought I'd go in. But if they announced an anticipated soft pre-opening of the ride for December back in, say, July, I would certainly not book a trip specifically to ride early. Why would I do that?

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I dunno but there are people that do I suspect... And then definitely your locals who have annual passes and dot mind standing in hoards of crowds to see something that they could wait a few weeks and leisurely walk through... Doesn't make much sense...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

jtizzle1023 is offline A-Ticket holder

Bravo Disney, Bravo
    Savannah College of Art and Design Class of 15'
    Disney College Program Spring 2012!
    30 Visits and Counting!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345