Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Storybook Circus area soft opening in the News & Rumors forums; Just saw this on my Facebook page and wanted to share: First look inside Storybook Circus as Walt Disney World opens first part of New Fantasyland with Dumbo, Barnstormer by ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Storybook Circus area soft opening

Just saw this on my Facebook page and wanted to share:

First look inside Storybook Circus as Walt Disney World opens first part of New Fantasyland with Dumbo, Barnstormer

by Ricky BrigantePosted on March 12, 2012
    Get the latest: Follow us on Twitter & Facebook!

Topics: Disney, Entertainment, Magic Kingdom, Theme Parks, Walt Disney WorldTags: Barnstormer, Dumbo, Great Goofini, Storybook Circus, Train Station

22tweetsretweet

This morning without prior announcement Walt Disney World opened the first phase of the New Fantasyland expansion in a soft opening of part of Storybook Circus. The land that is replacing Mickey’s Toontown Fair isn’t complete yet, but the Barnstormer has reopened starring the Great Goofini, along with half of the double Dumbo (the newer carousel - with water!), and the Fantasyland Train Station.
    The new Magic Kingdom area is slated to fully open later this year or early 2013, but in the meantime these select areas will be available for theme park guests to enjoy. Not yet open are Pete’s Silly Sideshow, the second half of the double Dumbo, the indoor interactive Dumbo queue / big top tent, or any other indoor areas. Construction walls currently prevent guests from entering those areas still in development.
    But let’s take a look at what is open today. Consider this a teaser for what’s to come as New Fantasyland is slowly unveiled at the Magic Kingdom. (We’ll be taking a closer look at the new area very soon, so keep checking back.)
    Below are pictures gathered from Twitter users who reported the opening of the new area and were there when Storybook Circus made its first-ever debut this morning.
    On the way in, guests are greeted by a temporary “come one, come all” Storybook Circus sign:

(Photo by @BanksLee)
    Prior to opening, Cast Members in their new Storybook Circus costumes lined the entrance:

(Photo by @CapnDanny)
    Inside, though the indoor Dumbo queue is not yet being used, the ride is available via this circus-themed entrance:

(Photo by @craigory24)
    The colorful new Dumbo carousel has water elements surrounding its base:

(Photo by @CapnDanny)

A closer look at the new Dumbo:

(Photo by @craigory24)
    The Barnstormer has reopened with a new circus theme, featuring the Great Goofini:

(Photos by @CapnDanny)

(Photo by @BanksLee)
    Video: First-person ride on the Barnstormer in Storybook Circus

(Video by @CapnDanny. More photos from throughout Storybook Circus are on CapnDanny’s web site.)
    Storybook Circus offers plenty of fun details, like peanut shells embedded into the ground near Dumbo:

(Photo by @BanksLee)
    The Fantasyland Train Station has also gotten an extreme makeover, matching the detail level found throughout Storybook Circus:

Much of the area is still off limits while Disney continues construction:

(Photo by @CapnDanny)
    Those planning to head to the Magic Kingdom, should note that this is technically a soft opening of Storybook Circus so the whole area could once again be closed at any time, though it does currently appear on the park map. Moreover, spring break season is here and today the Magic Kingdom is incredibly crowded. Here’s a peek at the crowds waiting to enter the park this morning:

When the crowds subside, we’ll have a closer look at all the details and surprises found throughout the new Storybook Circus - or at least the parts that have opened. In the meantime, it seems the (soft) opening of the first part of the New Fantasyland expansion is a successful one, drawing excited fans, big crowds, and offering a new look and life to the former Toontown area.
    Many months still separate the openings of many more attractions that are part of the whole New Fantasyland expansion and if the excitement for Storybook Circus is any indication, the Magic Kingdom is going get even more popular as the highly-detailed new areas are all is unveiled.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Re: Storybook Circus area soft opening

Interesting to read that the area is already included on park maps.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I'm loving the train station. Kudos to the Imagineers, it is Carrolwood!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

So weird that Disney pushed back the Dumbo opening from March 12th to March 31st. Then Disney has a soft opening on March 12th.

Interesting.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Guess they were ahead of schedule in some areas (that in itself is shocking) and then when they saw the huge pring break crowds, they had to dump these people SOMEWHERE.

Well this certainly through Disney for a loop, this was pretty late morning or noonish. Lines to ticket booths were out to the trams. Parking lot and roads just leading into the TTC just a huge cluster. If there was ever a day to commute to the Magic Kingdom by bus from your resort, this was it. And the monorail was scheduled to be down during this time.

According to the article, the crowds were waiting to get into the parks this morning, so it couldn't have been too too late. Probably not rope drop, but maybe the following hour or so. Watch Disney try to spin this into "Wow, our very first day of Storybook Circus drew in crazy crowds".

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Thanks for the pics of the opening.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Can't wait to see it when we go in August.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i was surprised to hear it opened... personally i would like to see pics from other lands in the park... i bet they were probably exceedingly quiet...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Not so sure. There isn't a lot going on for families to spend too much time. Someone else posted a thread saying that he waited 45 mintues to ride Dumbo. Personally, I'm not waiting 45 minutes to ride anything, much less a carnival ride like Dumbo. I wonder if it was busy because it was new, or because people wanted to ride Dumbo and that is where it happened to be located. The only things they were able to open were two of the old existing rides.

clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Haven't been to that part of MK yet, but will be tomorrow. Can't wait to see the train station!
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

I wonder if the train is open to guests yet?

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I wonder if the train is open to guests yet?

dumbo, the great goofini, and the walt disney world railroad are all open to guests, but being its a soft opening are subject to close at any time!! but from what i have heard things are good so far.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

I knew two of the three for sure, but with the soft opening I wasn't sure they were operating the train station just yet. Thanks for the update!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast