Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Return of the Orange Bird in the News & Rumors forums; According to the official Disney Parks Blog the Oragne Bird will be making its way back to Adventureland! The singage and drinks at the Sunshine Tree Terrace will be update ...
    Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

Thumbs up Return of the Orange Bird

According to the official Disney Parks Blog the Oragne Bird will be making its way back to Adventureland! The singage and drinks at the Sunshine Tree Terrace will be update with Orange Bird theming, and the park will be selling Orange Bird merchandise. This is great news! It's nice to see Disney bring back classic characters or attractions that once worked so well, instead of adding in new and "popular" characters.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-kingdom-park/
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

EastYorkDisFan is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Return of the Orange Bird

Can someone please explain to why people are going nuts over this? I don't get it seriously.

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Yay! Glad to see him returning to the MK - have been drooling over Twitter at all the new merchandise. Hope there's some left for me when I'm back in October!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Am I in the Minority when I say I just don't get what the big deal about this thing is?

Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

I think I'm more happy about the return of the Citrus Swirl. Bye bye to the Dole Whip and welcome back the Florida Citrus Swirl!

Now if we could only find a way to get Disney World to bring back the Monte Cristo sandwich!

StewbotTalborg is online now Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by EastYorkDisFan View Post
    Can someone please explain to why people are going nuts over this? I don't get it seriously.
    Nostalgia. The Orange Bird was a beloved character who disappeared from the park not really because he wasn't popular anymore, but because of the negative image associated with his human costar. Old school WDW fans have missed him and been pretty vocal about their affinity for him.

On top of that Disney has "teased" his return for a couple of years now, which certainly adds to the hype of the announcement that he is making his return.

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    Nostalgia. The Orange Bird was a beloved character who disappeared from the park not really because he wasn't popular anymore, but because of the negative image associated with his human costar. Old school WDW fans have missed him and been pretty vocal about their affinity for him.

On top of that Disney has "teased" his return for a couple of years now, which certainly adds to the hype of the announcement that he is making his return.
    I guess it's hard to be nostalgic for something you've never seen.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Welcome back little Orange Bird.

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorhead View Post
    Now if we could only find a way to get Disney World to bring back the Monte Cristo sandwich!
    Now that's one thing I don't get. Tried one in Disneyland and found it a bit weird... couldn't get my head around the savoury and sweet all in one dish...
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by missbounce View Post
    Now that's one thing I don't get. Tried one in Disneyland and found it a bit weird... couldn't get my head around the savoury and sweet all in one dish...
    Has always been one of my favorites and have never found anywhere that could make it like Disney did.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorhead View Post
    I think I'm more happy about the return of the Citrus Swirl. Bye bye to the Dole Whip and welcome back the Florida Citrus Swirl!

I'm here and so is the Bird. For anyone with kids or a kid at heart, the little round plastic oranges with the straw popp'n out of the top are back. The orange juice is fresh and about 8 oz. Orange swirl tomorrow!

Now that Monte Cristo, ewe.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

JohnO is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool Re: Return of the Orange Bird

I think the key to the popularity is the nostalgia as well. Although WDW is constantly evolving, people still remember "the way it was" and things like the Orange Bird simply bring back memories from years gone by and times enjoyed at WDW.

JohnO
    77- Disneyland 89- Disneyland 94- WDW ASSp 95- WDW OKW 98- WDW Hol.Inn MG 99- WDW Off Prop. 06- WDW ASMov 2/8 -2/16 07- WDW Pop 2/4 - 2/14 07- WDW All Star Mus 9/11 - 9/17 08- WDW ASMov 10/27 - 10/30 08- DCL Wonder 10/30 - 11/2 09- WDW AS Mov 9/21 - 9/27 09- DCL Wonder 9/27 - 10/1 10- WDW Off Prop. 4/23- 4/25 10- DCL Magic 7ngt Estrn 10/23-10/30 10- WDW CSR 10/30-11/1 12 - POR 1/8 - 1/15 392 Miles from WDW
    I Survived the 40 Hr Live Show Oct. 1 - 2/2011
    Johnoinsc in 'The Box'

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

will there be an Anita Bryant return...? somehow i find that really doubtful...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

lynniemp is offline A-Ticket holder

Who was the Orange Bird's Human Counterpart? And is the Orange Bird an AA? Or just a figure over the juice dispensers? Has there been any sightings of the Orange Bird as a costumed character in Adventureland lately? I don't remember the bird myself and need all the help I can get

StewbotTalborg is online now Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by lynniemp View Post
    Who was the Orange Bird's Human Counterpart? And is the Orange Bird an AA? Or just a figure over the juice dispensers? Has there been any sightings of the Orange Bird as a costumed character in Adventureland lately? I don't remember the bird myself and need all the help I can get
    Anita Bryant was the Orange Bird's counterpart. I believe he had an AA, but I know for sure he was in a short film where he saves a family from driving off a bridge, so he was doing more than just selling juice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast