Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Fantasyland Update in the News & Rumors forums; The Rose Gallery used only for Lunch at BoG is running a test this month for dinner ADRs in this space....
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Fantasyland Update

The Rose Gallery used only for Lunch at BoG is running a test this month for dinner ADRs in this space.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Wonder how long it will be before BoG is a TS for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I'm hoping they continue the "test" to next month and we can get an ADR...
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

The Rose Garden was always a great spot to sit in the shade and relax. Hope they don't close off the area entirely to strolling around. My wife loves flowers and really enjoys taking in the sites and smells.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    The Rose Garden was always a great spot to sit in the shade and relax. Hope they don't close off the area entirely to strolling around. My wife loves flowers and really enjoys taking in the sites and smells.
    How much time do you have for sights and smells while doing four parks in one day???

About a quarter of a day. More than enough time, considering my wife loves flowers, not Disney.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Are we confusing the Rose Gallery with the Rose Garden? Or just a slight detour?

My error. Misread your post. I thought they were closing off the rose garden for another wacky idea. Glad to hear that area is remaining untouched. As for the Rose Gallery, I have no idea what the heck that even is. But from my first and only visit to New Fantasyland, they could gut the whold d@mn thing, for all I care. Total waste of space

The Rose Gallery is a room within BoG, until now only used for QS but they are now testing it and setting that space up for TS. It is nice from the pictures of TS I've seen but I'm betting some guests knowing the difference might be disappointed being seated in the Rose Gallery for dinner, not the same ambiance as the rooms designed for TS. To me it is more akin to going to a fine dining restaurant and being seated at the tables in the Bar.

They've made so much progress with Dwarf yet still looks like a long ways away.

Kober/MousePlanet

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    For a few days Disney had tried to build some suspense over what was delivered to the Dwarf mountain.

A Magical Delivery: Project Team Members Receive Key Piece of a New Disney Parks Attraction

posted on June 30th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering just shared a photo of a very special delivery they received here the Walt Disney World Resort earlier this week. We’re told it’s a key piece of an attraction that’s coming to New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park.
    Any idea as to what it might be? Submit your guesses in the “Comments” section below. Be sure to check back soon to see if your guess was correct!

If you responded with a “Seven Dwarfs Mine Train” answer, you are correct! The very first mine train car was delivered at Walt Disney World this week. The car, which can be seen above, will now be taken to a backstage area where it will receive a themed paint job.
    And the competition for the SDMT has arrived with less fan fair at Uni, Hogwarts Express.

Yet Another kiosk in FLE. It is a healthy snack kiosk; "Prince Eric's Village Market" will be opening next week in New Fantasyland outside of Little Mermaid. Some offerings of Hummus, Tea, Veggies and fruit.

I have a question for anyone with a current map. Between Storybook and FLE, how many Kiosks, QS and TS food venues have been opened in this new area. To start it off there is Gastons & BoG and now Prince Eric's...one of the tents has a large kiosk with drinks and most of the bakery goods that disappeared from the Main Street Bakery, there is a hot dog kiosk and yet another pretzel kiosk and I'm sure I'm not remembering all that I've seen.that were built into the design of the expansion, not just knee jerk, push pop up carts. So to further ponder...is this expansion area more about food and beverage than attractions and rides. Is there more food venues than attractions/rides? Storybook has what, Goofy, Splash Pad and Dumbo?

The construction walls are gone now surrounding Prince Eric's Market. It is strange. While the back half is built into the mountain it really isn't part of the market, just the illusion. The market itself has wooden beams for roof and support vertical beams and its roof is covered in cloth tarp along with the side walls being made of tarp. It has walking space under the tarp of a twin bed on each side. , to reach the refrigerator bins and counter check out.

The menu is also a head scratcher. Frozen Lemonade, Saved Ice, Natural Lemonade & Strawberry lemonade, a pickle, apple slices, pineapple spear, mixed fruit, watermelon and grapes. Nothing that isn't really available elsewhere. A natural sugar high and a diabetics nightmare. Joffery Coffee would have been a good offering here.

As much progress as they have made on Dwarf, it just seems to spawn more. This week:

a
    farese

Pictures didn't post

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast