Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Fantasyland Update in the News & Rumors forums; With the opening of the Tangled Potties, New construction walls went up around the Peter Pan restrooms in Prep for the new interactive queue for that attraction. All that remains ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Fantasyland Update

With the opening of the Tangled Potties, New construction walls went up around the Peter Pan restrooms in Prep for the new interactive queue for that attraction.

All that remains visible is the AED and the payphone that are now mounted on the construction walls.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Also, for the busy Spring Break weeks another walkway has been opened to connect Circus to the FLE area.
    The path is located behind the the Mermaid and is expected to remain open until at least mid April to accommodate heavier guest foot traffic.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I saw billboards and the maps while I was down there and realized just how completely STUPID a choice "New Fantasyland" was.

How long is that going to be truly 'new'? Sure, by Disney terms a 'year long celebration' is 18 months. But why not go with Enchanted Forest or something? New Fantasyland should eventually just all be "Fantasyland" with the original Fantasyland anyway. Way to go, Imagineering. Doesn't get much more creative than sticking the word "new" in front of something to make it, well, new.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I would expect it to be "New" until 18 months after construction is completed???? I'm with ya, but the new is far from over. The guess is March to June 2014 for Dwarf, Peter Pan construction walls just went up as Tangle Potties came down and the former Snow White meet and greet is still behind construction walls. So if the real grand opening for FLE is mid 2014 I'm thinking 2016 before the "new" can go away. Maybe by 2016 Disney will be able to unveil something else "new" in the parks. Maybe.
    supernova likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I saw billboards and the maps while I was down there and realized just how completely STUPID a choice "New Fantasyland" was.

How long is that going to be truly 'new'? Sure, by Disney terms a 'year long celebration' is 18 months. But why not go with Enchanted Forest or something? New Fantasyland should eventually just all be "Fantasyland" with the original Fantasyland anyway. Way to go, Imagineering. Doesn't get much more creative than sticking the word "new" in front of something to make it, well, new.
    Well I just thought of you, Fantasyland will stop being new because the New DTD Disney's Spring is supposed to be completed in 2016.

supernova likes this.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

What's stupid is not realizing that right now it is new. So the name fits.

What's stupid is living in New York and complaining about something starting with "new".

What's stupid is continuing to go to a vacation destination you don't really care for.

What's stupid is coming to a site MEANT for fans of said destination and continually lodging complaints about it.

It's almost troll-ish.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 03-15-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    What's stupid is not realizing that right now it is new. So the name fits.

What's stupid is living in New York and complaining about something starting with "new".

What's stupid is continuing to go to a vacation destination you don't really care for.

What's stupid is coming to a site MEANT for fans of said destination and continually lodging complaints about it.

It's almost troll-ish.
    Oh come now, Scotty. Don't hate because I live somewhere cooler than Wisconsin. Make no mention of the fact that York and New York (England and New England, and Jersey and New Jersey) are all separated by thousands of miles, not dozens of feet.

But, your childish attemps at jabs aside, I still don't get why Imagineering couldn't come up with something more clever than "New Fantasyland". I can almost picture the board meeting:

'Hey Jim, what are we going to call this new Fantasyland thing?'

'I dunno, Bill. What do you think we should call this new Fantasyland area Joe?'

'How should I know, Jim. Hey Phil, we need a name for this new Fantasyland project.'

'Um, how about.... "NEW Fantasyland"?'

'Brilliant!!! Let's print up some maps and go to Universal for some way cooler rides than anything we've got going on in this new Fantasyland.'
    Last edited by supernova; 03-17-2013 at 01:05 PM.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I haven't really paid much attention - is Disney really _officially_ calling it "New Fantasyland"? I've always referred to it as "Fantasyland Expansion" or FLE. And even then, it's just to refer to new elements.

But I really don't think it matters at all. They can call it New Fantasyland for as long as they want - it's what the guests call it that matters. And the Imagineers just hope they don't call it "lousy"

Eventually, it will just be Fantasyland. Just like "New Tomorrowland" did.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I haven't really paid much attention - is Disney really _officially_ calling it "New Fantasyland"?.
    Sure are. Whole PR marketing campaign is surrounded around the buzz words of New Fantasyland.

New Fantasyland | Walt Disney World Resort

and

They can call it whatever they wish, their prerogative, there is a distinct difference between the Old Fantasyland and the New Fantasyland and it doesn't gel together. The 1974 and 2012 versions collide and are broken between Peter Pan and the Tangled Potties. So no matter when the official New campaign ends guests will always be able to depict the 20th century from the 21st century styles until Disney decides to update and blends the Old Fantasyland facades with the New Fantasyland's architecture. Until then there will be broken theming in Fantasyland.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

I think they should just call it what it REALLY is...
    Half-baked Reimagineered Knee-jerk Reaction to Pooterville Land.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

The whole "New Fantasyland" thing first hit me in January when I was driving (yes, in a rental car, not on the free Magical Express kidnapping bus) from the airport. Billboards were touting "New Fantasyland", which just seemed odd. It might have annoyed me less if the sign said "Come visit the new Fantasyland" or "Experience our newly expanded Fantasyland." But to throw a capital "N" on there, you're now naming this area "New". And I didn't hear a single guest saying, "Well now that we're done here in New Fantasyland, I say we go back over to Fantasyland and see what's there." Just doesn't add up. Dolts.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Really?

Did you hear anybody say, "Now that we're done with Adventureland we should head to Frontierland"?

Dolt would be singular in this case.

Yes, they do. They follow the map. Plenty of first-timers walk around land to land to land. Makes sense, being that it's built primarily in a circle. So it would make perfect sense for someone to wrap up Adventureland, and have their kids ask, "Where to mommy?" And their answer would be, "To Frontierland."

I realize it's all very confusing to you but it was already explained above that Tomorrowland was also referred to as New Tomorrowland when it went through a complete remodel and was changed sometime thereafter.

I suppose it would have confounded those with an infantile need to disparage the place, but everyone else understood the concept.

Your highlighting this clearly illustrates the immaturity and depths one sinks to to feed their need to smirk and sneer at WDW and its fans.

"WAAAH, they are calling it New Fantasyland! How stupid!", he shrieked!
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 03-17-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Oh come now, Scotty. Don't hate because I live somewhere cooler than Wisconsin. Make no mention of the fact that York and New York (England and New England, and Jersey and New Jersey) are all separated by thousands of miles, not dozens of feet.

But, your childish attemps at jabs aside, I still don't get why Imagineering couldn't come up with something more clever than "New Fantasyland". I can almost picture the board meeting:

'Hey Jim, what are we going to call this new Fantasyland thing?'

'I dunno, Bill. What do you think we should call this new Fantasyland area Joe?'

'How should I know, Jim. Hey Phil, we need a name for this new Fantasyland project.'

'Um, how about.... "NEW Fantasyland"?'

'Brilliant!!! Let's print up some maps and go to Universal for some way cooler rides than anything we've got going on in this new Fantasyland.'
    Was "New Tomorrowland" branded as such? Or was it simply their 'new' Tomorrowland after an overhaul? I doubt the meeting for Tomorrowland's rebirth went the same as the one above in a last minute desperate scramble to come up with a name for a whole new land.

As HauntedGabe pointed out earlier, the two areas seem very disjointed. And these walls are about the most random thing they could have stuck in the way.

Maybe they should have just called it Failed'tsyland?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast