Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Fantasyland Update in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by supernova Next they need to just stone some of these Imagineers. Giggle. Good one!...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Fantasyland Update

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Next they need to just stone some of these Imagineers.
    Giggle. Good one!
    supernova likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Be thankful we live in a country where we can have very different viewpoints.
    But that's the point. We CAN'T have different viewpoints. Didn't you read his post?
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by Thom Morrow View Post
    It's kind of unfortunate how discussion swings on this site. Why is there such a hellbent desire to trump Disney with comparisons to Universal? Why does it matter? Park hopper, schmark hopper. How many guests attend Universal in any given week and do not also attend Disney? Again, who cares?

Why someone who hates on everything Disney does and states their own ambivalence to new projects continues trolling a board of a site created by people very enthusiastic about Disney is beyond me. Find an outlet for your frustrations somewhere that you don't alienate people and scare people away so effectively. It would be lovely to have a place where people could discuss all things Disney without being talked down to, condescended, and constantly have to wade through negativity.
    It's soft bleeding heart posts like this one that always bring "They Live" to mind...

"I've got one who can SEE!"
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Next they need to just stone some of these Imagineers.
    That may be redundant. "Stoned" Imagineers could be part of the problem in the first place.
    supernova and HauntedGabe like this.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    That may be redundant. "Stoned" Imagineers could be part of the problem in the first place.
    Tough working without a rim shot, eh?

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Tough working without a rim shot, eh?
    Indeed!

Hey Brian, were's our rim shot smilie...?!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

But that's the point. We CAN'T have different viewpoints. Didn't you read his post?
    Of course you can. But when it is petulant and silly, don't whine because someone calls you on it.

Some people get incredibly confused on the concept of "free speech".
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 03-21-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Of course you can. But when it is petulant and silly, don't whine because someone calls you on it.

Some people get incredibly confused on the concept of "free speech".
    Perhaps. But to me, I find it (personally) ridiculous for people to hold a viewpoint of, "I wouldn't DREAM of setting foot into Universal/Sea World/Legoland because Disney doesn't own it." Disney doesn't own a lot of things. Doesn't mean I can't go see them. We'd live a pretty empty life if that were the case. Disney doesn't have a stake in Ireland, but it's not stopping my wife an I from visiting there this September.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Right, and I don't disagree with any of that.

Is there anybody here that feels that way, though? I've never really read any anti-Universal sentiment on this site. Have you?

I don't oppose any non-Disney property. Even our local Silver Dollar City who just opened a brand new, world class wooden roller coaster a couple of weeks ago. A true record setter. Steepest drop on a wooden coaster at 81 degrees. Tied for second fastest at 68 mph. And the only wooden coaster in the world with inversions. And three of them at that.

Can't wait to ride that puppy!

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

I hope your new wooden coaster holds up. Our local amusement park, Kings Island, just removed a wooden coaster with loops. The Son of Beast injured numerous people and spent more time locked down then it did running. I know a woman sued Kings Island got for injuries sustained during a ride on the TSoB and I believe KI settled it.

I think there's been some anti-Universal sentiment. People have talked about the condition certain areas of the park are in.Dr. Suess Land is one of those areas that really need work. Paint and a good cleaning would do wonders. I know one of their rides is similar to Alice In wonderland at DL in that it takes you outside of the building during the ride. While you are out there you have a nice view of the park and building tops. Of course people being the slobs that they are, those buildings were covered in plastic bottles and trash. Would it really kill Universal to send someone up there during the overnights to clean that up? I think folks are simply impressed with how Universal is moving to capture a bigger share of the market. Only time will tell if that strategy is working.

I know my one and only trip to Universal wasn't all roses. We had difficulty getting into the park because I had 1 Day single park tickets I had redeemed via My Coke Rewards. I had contacted someone from Universal's Customer Service via email and she told me I would be able to upgrade those tickets to 1 Day/2 Park tickets at the window. The girls at the window refused to do it. Stupid me forgot the email back in our room so I ended up arguing with them after the amount they quoted me for another 1 Day 1 Park ticket was more then the 1 Day 2 Park'er.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

The constant bellyaching and petty whining about WDW is far worse than any of those. If conditions are bad, that's a legitimate complaint. Just as similar complaints concerning the current state of Future World would be. I wouldn't consider either of them to be anti sentiment.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Perhaps. But to me, I find it (personally) ridiculous for people to hold a viewpoint of, "I wouldn't DREAM of setting foot into Universal/Sea World/Legoland because Disney doesn't own it." Disney doesn't own a lot of things. Doesn't mean I can't go see them. We'd live a pretty empty life if that were the case. Disney doesn't have a stake in Ireland, but it's not stopping my wife an I from visiting there this September.
    Well thats absolutely true Mike... It always makes me laugh when I see people in Universal and the look on their faces is like... "this is cool but dont let Disney know we like it here..." Exactly what does that prove...listen if people have an issue with WDW then what better way than to visit the nearby attractions... it makes Disney realize that it needs to push it a bit to keep ahead of everyone else... I enjoy visiting other parks in Central Florida... my major issues with Universal are reserved for management of the parks and many of their regulations...
    supernova and HauntedGabe like this.
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

The constant bellyaching and petty whining about WDW is far worse than any of those. If conditions are bad, that's a legitimate complaint. Just as similar complaints concerning the current state of Future World would be. I wouldn't consider either of them to be anti sentiment.
    I don't see voicing concerns regarding Disney's lack of concern when it comes to giving attention to areas of the park that need it as bellyaching or petty whining. I think those are valid areas open for debate. It's yet to be seen what the impact of "New" Fantasyland will be but for a major expansion, I don't feel that it's a good thing that the most popular part of that expansion is a restaurant. I understand that there are more phases to come and I'm excited to see those.

Maybe the plan is to build more resorts, make "expansions" to draw guests away from the big attractions so those same attractions can come down for refurb. Disney has fumbled the ball when it comes to the condition of Future World, the Dead Yeti or the out dated concepts in Tomorrow Land, which at this point should be renamed Yesterday Land, but they are still the industry leader and bat at or over .500. Thought I'd throw a baseball analogy out there since the season is upon us.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Right, and I don't disagree with any of that.

Is there anybody here that feels that way, though? I've never really read any anti-Universal sentiment on this site. Have you?

I don't oppose any non-Disney property. Even our local Silver Dollar City who just opened a brand new, world class wooden roller coaster a couple of weeks ago. A true record setter. Steepest drop on a wooden coaster at 81 degrees. Tied for second fastest at 68 mph. And the only wooden coaster in the world with inversions. And three of them at that.

Can't wait to ride that puppy!
    Absolutely. How many "the OTHER park" comments are there here? How many people refuse to rent a car and explore the rest of the theme parks? Far too many people seem willing to fall for the "free" service of jumping on the ME.

I've never been a roller coaster fan. But I can imagine how someone would get psyched for a new wooden coaster. Even as a non-enthusiast, the sound those things make is awesome. Maybe not as smooth as the steel track coasters, but there's something nostalgic about the woonder ones that rule.
    Last edited by supernova; 03-25-2013 at 08:03 PM.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

I guess I just go to the wrong threads, but I'll take your word for it. The only thing to keep in mind is that this isn't a theme park forum. It's a WDW forum, so...

From everything I've heard about Outlaw Run so far it's allegedly almost as smooth as a steel coaster. I'll be finding out as soon as we have a good weather weekend.
    supernova likes this.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast