Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Fantasyland Update in the News & Rumors forums; So....What? In 5+ years here I've never seen Lou melt down over the discussion of other Central Florida theme parks. There are a glut of WDW forums with clever Disney ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Fantasyland Update

So....What?

In 5+ years here I've never seen Lou melt down over the discussion of other Central Florida theme parks.

There are a glut of WDW forums with clever Disney related names out there that discuss other Central Florida theme parks their owners don't have hissy fits either.

My take is when members can visually see exciting new attractions being built that will come online within the next 12 months or so they get excited. Even Lou stated that Disney would not allow the media to even photograph the model presented for the invitation only media event for the DTD, so Disney is none to interested in fans Discussing their projects.

Dear Lord, one can only muster up so much excitement for another DVC, another revamping of DTD or the anticipation of the smallest WDW Mountain to come online eventually. So...so what if we dare to talk about multiple exciting new Central Florida attractions and expansions that will come online in the next 12 months or so or compare and contrast Central Florida theme parks? The constant bellyaching and petty whining about discussing other Central Florida theme parks is lets see, petulant and silly.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 03-25-2013 at 04:48 PM.
    supernova likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    So....What?

In 5+ years here I've never seen Lou melt down over the discussion of other Central Florida theme parks.

There are a glut of WDW forums with clever Disney related names out there that discuss other Central Florida theme parks their owners don't have hissy fits either.

My take is when members can visually see exciting new attractions being built that will come online within the next 12 months or so they get excited. Even Lou stated that Disney would not allow the media to even photograph the model presented for the invitation only media event for the DTD, so Disney is none to interested in fans Discussing their projects.

Dear Lord, one can only muster up so much excitement for another DVC, another revamping of DTD or the anticipation of the smallest WDW Mountain to come online eventually. So...so what if we dare to talk about multiple exciting new Central Florida attractions and expansions that will come online in the next 12 months or so or compare and contrast Central Florida theme parks? The constant bellyaching and petty whining about discussing other Central Florida theme parks is lets see, petulant and silly.
    And me? I don't WANT any more DVC opportunities. Whatever keeps crowd levels DOWN instead of UP, I'm all for. Adding more chances to buy into the magic creates longer lines in front of me. Booooo
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    And me? I don't WANT any more DVC opportunities. Whatever keeps crowd levels DOWN instead of UP, I'm all for. Adding more chances to buy into the magic creates longer lines in front of me. Booooo
    Well, in theory there is that critical mass level out there, that once the reach it they will have no other option but to open the fabled fifth gate to dilute the crowd...

(Egads, I just reread that and realized it sounds like Disney is trying to open the gates to Hades... )
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

I'm hoping once they finally pull the plug on this free dining nonsense, crowds will ease a bit.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Well, in theory there is that critical mass level out there, that once the reach it they will have no other option but to open the fabled fifth gate to dilute the crowd...

(Egads, I just reread that and realized it sounds like Disney is trying to open the gates to Hades... )
    I agree and I think that Disney has already surpassed what they can juggle and maintain to the standards of yesteryear. Transportation is sub-par, updating the yesteryear areas of the parks isn't happening or when it does it is painfully slow, can't imagine the year when Future World or Tomorrowland enters the 21st century. Then there is the quality of the CM pool, quality is getting thinner as the rest of the Orlando area continues to develop.

I am just waiting to see how Disney will handle FP+ when their attractions break down, transportation fails, or their very fickle computer programs become glitchy and crash. Sure Disney can get the infrastructure in place, but its success rests on keeping everything operational and on schedule, something Disney has had difficulties with already for some time. Splash needing to be evacuated twice on Friday is an example. Guests with a 60 day reservation isn't going to be thrilled with the swap of Splash for Country Bears. It will be interesting times when Disney launches FP+ A fifth gate to maintain and support would likely push them over the edge. Frankly, building AK wasn't their best investment.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

I have not researched, any idea how many DVCs will come online with the GF? Wonder what that will do to the wait times for the resort loop of the monorail. I know boat launches go to the MK, do launches also go from the resort to the Epcot Monorail side?

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I have not researched, any idea how many DVCs will come online with the GF? Wonder what that will do to the wait times for the resort loop of the monorail. I know boat launches go to the MK, do launches also go from the resort to the Epcot Monorail side?
    It's not very big. I've heard a number around 150 villas, but I don't know if that is 2BR equivalents or not.

I'm not aware of the launches going to the TTC at all. I think there is a small dock if they needed it, but I don't think it is currently used for guest launches.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    It's not very big. I've heard a number around 150 villas, but I don't know if that is 2BR equivalents or not.

I'm not aware of the launches going to the TTC at all. I think there is a small dock if they needed it, but I don't think it is currently used for guest launches.
    Yeah, if I'm thinking of the same, small dock, I believe its main function is for the rescue boat(s).

Press Release saying Dwarf coming Spring of 2014, so, March, April, May, June?

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

thats their way... ambiguity allows for no unhappy guests... no clear cut date leaves them flexibility...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

I don't believe any boats go directly to the TTC. Well, besides the ferry, anyway. It would certain be something to look at.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Press Release saying Dwarf coming Spring of 2014, so, March, April, May, June?
    All the signs on the construction walls say the same thing... Coming 2014. Lovely.

Though that DOES buy Disney a nice 365-day window.

I don't believe any boats go directly to the TTC. Well, besides the ferry, anyway. It would certain be something to look at.
    Sure would take some stress off the MK loop and save time for guests if they would send a resort boat to TTC, likely faster and definitely more reliable. I really enjoy the ferry on a nice day but it certainly isn't quick to load, sail and unload.

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    thats their way... ambiguity allows for no unhappy guests... no clear cut date leaves them flexibility...
    Yeah, I realize that. So it narrows it down to more than a year or less than a year, for now anyhow. And they, like TT and Starbucks can still just keep extending it out too. The media asked the question today at the press event and were told it is taking so long because they want to do it right. Giggle. I'd sure hope so.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 04-25-2013 at 06:58 PM.
    supernova likes this.

The walkway between Mermaid and Storybook that has only been open during busy times is open again and this time it maybe here for good!

The last piece of track outside Dwarf Mountain was lifted into place this week.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast