Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Fantasyland Update in the News & Rumors forums; Excellent! Sounds like it's right on schedule....
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Fantasyland Update

Excellent!

Sounds like it's right on schedule.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

For a few days Disney had tried to build some suspense over what was delivered to the Dwarf mountain.

A Magical Delivery: Project Team Members Receive Key Piece of a New Disney Parks Attraction

posted on June 30th, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering just shared a photo of a very special delivery they received here the Walt Disney World Resort earlier this week. We’re told it’s a key piece of an attraction that’s coming to New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park.
    Any idea as to what it might be? Submit your guesses in the “Comments” section below. Be sure to check back soon to see if your guess was correct!

If you responded with a “Seven Dwarfs Mine Train” answer, you are correct! The very first mine train car was delivered at Walt Disney World this week. The car, which can be seen above, will now be taken to a backstage area where it will receive a themed paint job.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

The guessing game started on the 28th of June, answer all over social media almost immediately, Disney finally confirmed social media knowledge July 1st.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Shame on them for wanting to have a little shared fun with their fans.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i completely missed this whole thing... oops
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Shame on them for wanting to have a little shared fun with their fans.
    They're hardly in the audio-animatronic phase yet. So honestly. Besides a real life midget, what else could it have been?
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Yeah, I know. But so what?

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    They're hardly in the audio-animatronic phase yet. So honestly. Besides a real life midget, what else could it have been?
    It was the only guess on the blog. It was a no brainer. But when you have nothing else you market a train car that may go online in a year.

The depths some will plumb to share their own misery with others is simply astonishing.

Disney released additional information to select media. Like DTD Spring, no photographs were allowed at the briefing.

Dwarf will be 3 1/2 minutes long. Hourly capacity was not revealed at this time. There will be a height restriction however the attraction was designed for the entire family to experience Dwarf. The drops and speed of Dwarf are intended for an entire family experience. Height will be determined after an assessment of G forces as Disney does not have an attraction of this type in any of their other parks.

Guests will experience multiples scenes going in and out. Story/Theme, the life and world of the 7 Dwarf's. The concept art that we have been seeing of the cottage will not be functional part of the attraction and guest don't actually go into the cottage area. Imagineers added into the attraction SNSA elements along with new ones. Snow and witch will be part of the experience along with the entire cast including the 7 Dwarfs.

Outside there will be trees and paths throughout the attraction including the interactive queue in addition to the stroller parking area. Dirt paths until you reach the covered area of the Dwarf queue. As of now there will not be a Snow retail area however that is subject to change. Information about the area dubbed as Prince Eric Space has yet to be revealed, rumored to be retail or some type of food venue.

Here is hoping the dirt paths are faux dirt paths.

Yeah, there would be no way for them to do actual dirt paths. The traffic and weather would never permit it.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Wait, you mean the peanuts in the walkway at Storybook Circus are fake too?!?

HauntedGabe likes this.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Oh those tricky Imagineers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Yeah, there would be no way for them to do actual dirt paths. The traffic and weather would never permit it.
    Though in all fairness now that I've had some time to think about it, this is the same crew that botched the BoG queue...

In their defense, they may have possibly been told, "no worries, we'll have FP+ up and running by then".

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast