Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Fantasyland Update in the News & Rumors forums; The Disney Parks Blog just gave us an update on the Fantasyland expansion openings. . It looks like most of it will be opening over the holidays, but the last ...
    StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Fantasyland Update

The Disney Parks Blog just gave us an update on the Fantasyland expansion openings. .

It looks like most of it will be opening over the holidays, but the last little bit of information kinda bummed me out. The Mine Coaster isn't opening until sometime in 2014? We've been trying to save up for another trip but it will most likely be the last one we make for a considerable length of time, so now I sorta feel like I should wait until 2014 when the coaster is open so I don't have to wait another 10 years or so to make it down.

I really don't understand why they're dragging their feet so much on getting this thing open.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: Fantasyland Update

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    The Disney Parks Blog just gave us an update on the Fantasyland expansion openings. .

It looks like most of it will be opening over the holidays, but the last little bit of information kinda bummed me out. The Mine Coaster isn't opening until sometime in 2014? We've been trying to save up for another trip but it will most likely be the last one we make for a considerable length of time, so now I sorta feel like I should wait until 2014 when the coaster is open so I don't have to wait another 10 years or so to make it down.

I really don't understand why they're dragging their feet so much on getting this thing open.
    I'm not sure they are dragging their feet any more than the rest of it. I think it's following their timetable, considering the FLE wasn't supposed to be done until sometime in 2013 anyways, and the mine coaster was a late addition to the plans.

Although it is certainly possible to throw a coaster up in less time, most coasters don't have the level of detail of a Disney attraction, plus they are working with new technology, AND they are plunking it down in the MIDDLE of an open Fantasyland, which certainly would slow down the work compared to if they had complete access without guests in the way.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

I'm definitely excited for the mine train, whenever it opens!

I'm most thrilled about how much more of Belle and The Beast we'll be seeing! She's my absolute favorite princess and I've always wished she had a bigger part in the Magic Kingdom - Disney really does make dreams come true!!!
    All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney

The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem - Captain Jack Sparrow

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever - Walt Disney

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    The Disney Parks Blog just gave us an update on the Fantasyland expansion openings.

At first I was going to make this informative. But then I noticed your first sentence again. As someone who follows Disney's blogs, I would think the late opening of the Mine ride wouldn't be much of a surprise. From all I've heard, that would be one of the last things to open and nothing has been discussed to open it this year. Next year, as far as we've been told, has always been the anticipated opening date.

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I'm not sure they are dragging their feet any more than the rest of it. I think it's following their timetable, considering the FLE wasn't supposed to be done until sometime in 2013 anyways, and the mine coaster was a late addition to the plans.

Although it is certainly possible to throw a coaster up in less time, most coasters don't have the level of detail of a Disney attraction, plus they are working with new technology, AND they are plunking it down in the MIDDLE of an open Fantasyland, which certainly would slow down the work compared to if they had complete access without guests in the way.
    That's what I was thinking, too. They already have the revamped Barn Stormer, plus Space Mountain and Big Thunder. There is no incentive to add yet ANOTHER roller coaster so early in the plans. For as ridiculous a ride as it is, people still insist on riding Dumbo for whatever reason. After they yanked it out of its original area, yes, you had better get that one back up and running quickly. Construction walls around an area look awful, so it is in their best interest to get the rest of the land open in installments so that customers can get the full emersive experience. But to concentrate on putting up fourth coaster when three have been serving the parks well for the past 20 plus years? Not high priority.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Looks like it is kind of tracking as they said it would.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    Tough working without a rim shot, isn't it?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    At first I was going to make this informative. But then I noticed your first sentence again. As someone who follows Disney's blogs, I would think the late opening of the Mine ride wouldn't be much of a surprise. From all I've heard, that would be one of the last things to open and nothing has been discussed to open it this year. Next year, as far as we've been told, has always been the anticipated opening date.
    I'm not surprised, just bummed. My wife and I are hoping to make one more trip next year before our son gets old enough to enjoy the parks for himself, and I was hoping to see the expansion in it's completed state. Now we have to debate on waiting until sometime in 2014.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking, outside of the mine coaster being pushed back to '14.

I don't keep up with it regularly, but from everything I've heard over the last year was that the FLE would start opening in bits and pieces this year, and next year it was to be fully opened by summer with the mine coaster being the final piece of the puzzle.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I never recall them saying when they changed the plans to add the mine coaster that they still planned for 2013, but apparently at least in interviews they did plan to have it ready for late 2013 at least, so this does appear to be some slippage, at least in terms of an internal timeline if not an announced one. But that may have been prior to them understanding the complexities of working in the area they are.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

And to think they built EPCOT Center in two years.

Th times they are a changin'...

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

we shall see... i am going down in august for a week and then turning around and heading down for a weekend in December... lets see what happens when i go both times...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Joe Buck is offline A-Ticket holder

Got to ride The Barnstormer the other day. A little short but still lots of fun.

daleycss is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    And to think they built EPCOT Center in two years.

Th times they are a changin'...
    I feel that not just disney construction but alll construction moves slower nowadays.. It's sad really.
    I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Reduced budgets for manpower, maybe. Less overtime being approved. It's all about staying within/coming in under budget.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i wonder if they mean all of Fantasyland minus the mine coaster will open by the holidays... wonder if parts will open sooner like Storybook Circus...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast