Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Peter Pan's Flight Interactive Queue in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC fastpass is completely to blame for the long waits... if you pay real close attention you will see why... they do not ever allow for the ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Re: Peter Pan's Flight Interactive Queue

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    fastpass is completely to blame for the long waits... if you pay real close attention you will see why... they do not ever allow for the fast pass people to wait even a minute... thus there are times that the standby line literally stops...
    Oh yes this I know. In fact we watched very closely on the last trip and came to that same conclusion. I just didn't go there because I know it's a touchy topic. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

It seems that this is a case where FastPass might be doing more harm than good. Perhaps it's time to yank the FP from this location and see what it does to the line. Sure it will be longer with more people in the regular side, but it'll move faster, with people feeding from one side instead of two.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

It is certainly time to discontinue using the fastPass at PPF... What does it do other than create Lon stand by lines...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

I'm a fan of FP but I have to agree that in this case, this attraction, doesn't need it. I mean, if you don't FP the Haunted Mansion, why would you FP PPF? Any attraction that is a constantly moving omnimover type experience just doesn't seem to need it. In this case, having to switch between the two "lines" just seems to cause the wait time to be longer, which causes more FPs to be issued, which perpetuates the issue throughout the day.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

this is a good comparison... its true too... if they do not need FastPass for HM why do they have it for PPF...?
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Kiliki is offline A-Ticket holder

Couldn't that be said for almost any ride that uses the omni-mover system though?

yup which is why you don't see many with FP's but keep in mind... technically PPF is not an OmniMover... HM is... each ship sails units own... not in a continuous loop...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Kiliki is offline A-Ticket holder

Oh that's right... I haven't been in awhile and had forgotten that

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.

But then again, Haunted Mansion probably has more doombuggies than Peter Pan's Flight has pirate ships, which allows for more people at a faster rate.
    Love, Kerri

Because HM is an omnimover... They have a continuous track of doombuggies... The ships on PPF move individually... So there would be much less... When you think of omnimovers think The Seas... HM... Spaceship Earth... When one stops they all stop....
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

After posting up in this re: not needing a FP for HM (so why PPF) I learned that they are testing XP/FP at HM now. It's like I jinxed it.

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

love the et ride as well , and the pan ride ride should be modeled after that if they change anything to it
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

weepstah is offline C-Ticket Holder

I will admit that I would like to see a total refurb of PPF. There's nothing wrong with the basic show design of the ride IMO (even if it is a little short). I could see improvements in several areas:

1) Setting up the ride vehicles as a real omnimover system (with sufficient spacing between pirate ships) and increasing the number of people per ship to pump up capacity.
    2) Redo the queue to prevent the current disruptions caused by Fast Pass.
    3) Recreate the existing scenes with updated animatronics, technology and effects, but keep the basic premise the same. I would love to see what the Imagineers could come up with for the London scene.
    4) Add the star field scene ala Disneyland.

I don't see that happening anytime soon - if ever - given the current Fantasyland expansion and more pressing needs (Future World cough cough) and Avatarland on the books.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12