Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Peter Pan's Flight Interactive Queue in the News & Rumors forums; Sorry, I haven't been up on my Disney World news and rumors in a while due to "real life" but I'm trying to get caught up now that summer is ...
    SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.

Peter Pan's Flight Interactive Queue

Sorry, I haven't been up on my Disney World news and rumors in a while due to "real life" but I'm trying to get caught up now that summer is approaching and I am trying to get a vacation thrown together. I heard a small rumor and saw a picture of construction being done to the queue over at Peter Pan's Flight. Everything I have read has been from either January or February and says that it was scheduled to open on March 7, 2012. Well it's long past then and I can't find any information about it! Anyone know if it's open?
    Love, Kerri

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Re: Peter Pan's Flight Interactive Queue

The walls around the queue area came down but they didn't reveal an interactive queue yet. Here's the latest news I'm aware of: http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/...walls-down.htm

If I had to guess, the work to begin the interactive queue won't start until after the work to add the pathway where the old skyway was is done. Just a hunch.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

I can confirm that the queue looks the same as it ever did. It's my wife's favorite ride so we hit it right away on our last trip. That queue is a nightmare. The lines are deceptively long. Even when the stand by sign reads 40 minutes it feels like forever, which is probably due to how little air movement there is.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

That line really is the ultimate in "are we there yet?".
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I can confirm that the queue looks the same as it ever did. It's my wife's favorite ride so we hit it right away on our last trip. That queue is a nightmare. The lines are deceptively long. Even when the stand by sign reads 40 minutes it feels like forever, which is probably due to how little air movement there is.

Ya, the FP's really make the stand by excessively long on that one. Ya, I agree being there just before you there isn't any sign of the queue being started let alone completed.

We ate at Columbia House and had an excellent view of the Old Skyway, new restroom/walk way progress.
    The have the infrastructure building way back but that is it. Has a way to go. It was disturbing to see where it will break through right at the entrance for the queue at the Haunted Mansion. Can't wait to see how logistically that all works out because my imagination says that is going to be really bad.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    We ate at Columbia House and had an excellent view of the Old Skyway, new restroom/walk way progress. The have the infrastructure building way back but that is it. Has a way to go. It was disturbing to see where it will break through right at the entrance for the queue at the Haunted Mansion. Can't wait to see how logistically that all works out because my imagination says that is going to be really bad.
    The one thing that'll save it is the fact that the mansion entrance is so far back from where the canopy begins. If the entrance were right near the front gates, the line would get weaved into the traffic there.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

The big question for me is, are they going to make this ride LONGER?? Waiting in line for a ride that is so short is pointless to me.

I can't believe after all these years how popular this ride is. The ride cars run continuously yet the line is that long. It's crazy
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Trouble with these show buildings is that it's difficult to expand rides, though I do realize you were speaking hypothetically. But to your point, with the omnimover system and the overall shortness of the ride, you're right... that line should move much faster than it does.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

this attraction will never be refurbed outside of the yearly cleanup... there have been many changes in safety codes, and there would have to be many more platforms and catwalks on the side of the pirate ship ride vehicles... any structural changes they would make would necessitate theses updates, and I know Disney doesn't want to do that because it would kill the attractions interior look... just think ET... the stairways and everything on the one side of the vehicle the entire ride...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

The ET ride is everything Peter Pan SHOULD be but isn't. The ride is great... until you reach his home planet. Then it becomes a really bad drug trip.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    The ET ride is everything Peter Pan SHOULD be but isn't. The ride is great... until you reach his home planet. Then it becomes a really bad drug trip.
    This might be the most profound thing I've ever read.

mike that is on point... but just watch the one side the next time you ride... there is a staircase and catwalks for escape the entire ride... thats a safety regulation now that wasn't around when Peter Pan was made...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    mike that is on point... but just watch the one side the next time you ride... there is a staircase and catwalks for escape the entire ride... thats a safety regulation now that wasn't around when Peter Pan was made...
    While ET is extremely dated (heck, most of Universal is outdated), the ride itself is great. Much better than Peter Pan. The animatronic figures, the movement of the vehicles, it's all superior to the Pan ride, which itself really needs an overhaul. I know we here on these Disney-based forums are all purists at heart and love the old attractions. But someone walking in and riding Peter Pan for the first time is going to be in for a rude awakening after riding something like Star Tours.

I know it won't happen, but I would love to see very dark ride ripped out and re-imagined. Snow White's now gone in favor of the mine roller coaster. Toad went away to bring in a brighter, more fluid Pooh ride. Even the new Little Mermaid dark ride is going to have great audioanimatronics, from what I've seen from Disneyland.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

But to your point, with the omnimover system and the overall shortness of the ride, you're right... that line should move much faster than it does.
    This is the one thing that my entire family continues to be baffled by. It's constantly moving yet the line seems to be quite the opposite (constantly stopped). I don't remember it being that way when I was younger. At the risk of opening a huge can of worms... the only thing that's changed since is the addition of FastPass.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

fastpass is completely to blame for the long waits... if you pay real close attention you will see why... they do not ever allow for the fast pass people to wait even a minute... thus there are times that the standby line literally stops...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast