Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Carbon-Freeze Me Experience in the News & Rumors forums; http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/articl...nce-coming-dhs Originally Posted by WDWForGrownups Remember the famous scene in Star Wars in which Han Solo is frozen in carbonite? Ever wanted to see what you'd look like if you ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Carbon-Freeze Me Experience

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/articl...nce-coming-dhs

Quote Originally Posted by WDWForGrownups
    Remember the famous scene in Star Wars in which Han Solo is frozen in carbonite? Ever wanted to see what you'd look like if you were to, say, take Han's place? Thanks to a new experience coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios later this month, you just might have the chance.

The Carbon-Freeze Me Experience rolls into DHS May 18 as part of that park's Star Wars Weekends. Guests opting to go through the experience will have their coutenance captured on a series of cameras, run through a computer and translated into an 8-inch figurine. It's a totally new and unique experience created specifically for Disney parks as part of Disney's "D-Tech Me" line.

Those of you interested in giving the Carbon-Freeze Me Experience a try should know the cost is $99.95 per figurine plus shipping (the mini-you comes straight to your house after about four weeks); additional figurines of the same person can be purchased for $74.95. Interested parties will have to make a reservation for the experience by calling 407-WDW-TECH. It's also worth noting no discounts apply to the epxerience, and no-shows/ cancellations within 48 hours are subject to a $25 fee on the credit card given at the time of the reservation booking.

The Carbon-Freeze Me Experience will run every day during normal DHS hours May 18 through June 16. The experience can be found next to The American Idol Experience. Admission to DSH is required.
    This had me really interested until I got to the price followed by the fact that you have to wait for it to be shipped so you essentially are paying $100 for something you're not even sure came out good. Neat idea but I can't help but think there's a better way to implement it.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Carbon-Freeze Me Experience

Lou posted on FB that he booked this (no surprises there then - LOL!) and the Cast Member on the phone told him he was the first one to sign up. Would be very interested to see how this turns out. Definitely a big draw for the super nerdy Star Wars fans. :-)
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

I would get this in a heartbeat, until I saw the cost. Maybe if it was even just half the cost I'd pay for it. I'd like to see some of the finished product first though
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Someone suggested on last nights newscast that Lou put on Mickey ears for it. I think that would be funny. He did say he may do two, one to auction off.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

sounds like a cool idea for me since m a huge fan of that movie, but yea for that price no way lol
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

Has anyone done this as of yet? I'd love to see a real one (i.e. not one posted by Disney in their blog etc.)!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Ricky Brigante over at Inside the Magic posted a video of it:

http://scifistorm.org/2012/05/20/vid...wars-weekends/

I asked him about wearing Mickey ears, and he said they didn't allow hats at all...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I asked him about wearing Mickey ears, and he said they didn't allow hats at all...
    Aww see now that stinks!

SinisterEars is offline A-Ticket holder

That's a decent price considering each person is getting a unique figurine off one cast mold. You're going to pay to play with Disney's high-tech toys. I find it amazing. I can't wait to see what else evolves from this...

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

They are pretty cool souveniers, but super expensive and pretty small. I don't know if I was expecting a full-sized thing to arrive in the post (LOL!) but imagined it to be a little bigger.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

SinisterEars is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by missbounce View Post
    They are pretty cool souveniers, but super expensive and pretty small. I don't know if I was expecting a full-sized thing to arrive in the post (LOL!) but imagined it to be a little bigger.
    LOL That'd be cool if it was big but can you imagine how much that would cost!!
    Hey, do we get to see yours? Anyone going to post some pics of how theirs turned out?