Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss may 31 in the News & Rumors forums; i like art of animation and the mine car coaster bui dont like that art of animation is a value resort and olny 1 area is value price. half of ...
    nicholas is offline Lost in my house

may 31

i like art of animation and the mine car coaster bui dont like that art of animation is a value resort and olny 1 area is value price. half of the rooms in every area should be value. snow whits sacary adventure is closing on may 31. but the mine car coaster is opening 2 years later. SSA should stay open at least 1 more year!!!

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: may 31

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
    i like art of animation and the mine car coaster bui dont like that art of animation is a value resort and olny 1 area is value price. half of the rooms in every area should be value. snow whits sacary adventure is closing on may 31. but the mine car coaster is opening 2 years later. SSA should stay open at least 1 more year!!!
    SWSA is closing as they plan to re-use the space. The most recent plan was to relocate the princess meet and greets to that location.

As for the AoA resort, I'm not sure what you are referring to. The WHOLE resort is classified as a Value Resort. However, the majority of the resort consists of family suites, which proved to be hugely popular at the All-Star Music resort. The suites are of course more expensive than a regular room, considering they are basically the equivalent of two standard value rooms in size (but sleep a maximum of 6, compared to 8 across two standard rooms).

The reason why one "area" is what I believe you are calling "value" (i.e. standard rooms) is that two those buildings already had been built 10 years ago but construction stopped, and the slab and infrastructure ready on the third. They already matched the construction of the existing POP Century buildings for layout, so they were used as is for standard rooms.

All the other buildings were re-designed to accommodate the suites. Since they already had all the standard rooms that wanted to add in those three buildings, they chose to limit the standard rooms to those buildings and all the other rooms are suites.

I admit, they appear priced on the high side currently, but that is probably due to the demand at a brand new resort being high currently.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

yes but i mean like you could make some of the rooms in 1 building normal size and the othetrs suites.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Well, like I said, they already had three whole POP-class buildings of standard rooms. They decided they didn't need more and went with a new building design exclusive for suites for the rest.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

well then make it a new kind of resort. LOL kidng

ok i calld in to the show about it!