Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss WDW ticket price increase this weekend! in the News & Rumors forums; I had a feeling that after Universal raised their ticket prices this week, and DL before that, and with it being about a year since the last increase, that WDW ...
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

WDW ticket price increase this weekend!

I had a feeling that after Universal raised their ticket prices this week, and DL before that, and with it being about a year since the last increase, that WDW could raise their ticket prices as soon as this weekend - and it happened.

As is traditional, these prices take effect on Sunday:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...t-prices-2012/

Notable changes: 1-day base goes up $4 to $89; The per-day increment on the longer tickets went up from $8 to $10, and now starts after Day 5 - the 5th day increment is $12. Park hopping and WPFM are up $2 to $57.

The one new thing - getting Park Hopping AND WPFM on a ticket is now only $79.

Now here's the shocker: Annual Passes went up a TON: Tourist AP is now $574 for both Adult and Child - that's a 10.6% increase for an adult, and a 16.7% increase for a child!

They also show room rates. They really are going to market the AoA suites at a premium beyond two standards.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: WDW ticket price increase this weekend!

We complain about it every year, and we still purchase them. But I wonder how high it will get. Can't imagine the price in say 10 or 20 years.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Before the increase, I surmised that it will pass $100 by the fifth increase...but I think there is a limit on how long it can sustain increases well beyond inflation.

With airfares getting more expensive for us as well, we have to alter our past vacation patterns.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Yes, this year has absolutely been the worst year for purchasing airfare for us. We actually have airfare coming home but not getting there for our Aug trip.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Disney05 View Post
    Yes, this year has absolutely been the worst year for purchasing airfare for us. We actually have airfare coming home but not getting there for our Aug trip.
    We actually booked two different airlines for our upcoming trip.
    Doc

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

I've heard a rumor out there floating around that Disney really thinks people should be paying about what you'd pay for a theater ticket for a one day pass.

They'll be pretty careful about breaking that $100 ceiling, my guess is tickets will go up in the next couple of years to $97-99 and then have a very small increase to bring it just over $100 to keep some guests from complaining about price gouging.

And with all the money and new attractions they're pouring into their parks, of course the company believes the price of admission is worth more.

Some new information on changes to tickets and policies:

- This one is a biggie, although there are still questions to be answered: The policy of "price bridging" - that is, bringing a ticket's value up to the current gate price towards a ticket upgrade if the ticket has been used, will change. Tickets that were already valued at the gate price prior to a price increase will NOT be bridged up to the current gate price. In other words, if you purchased a full-priced ticket (like any ticket purchased direct from Disney) prior to today, then go to the park tomorrow and want to add a day or upgrade to an AP, you will have to pay for the price increase AND the difference in price. I'm waiting to find out if adding options is treated separately.

- DVC Annual Passes are now priced the same as Florida Residents - which means DVC members only saw a limited increase.

- FL Residents no longer have the option of 5-7 day MYW tickets at reduced rates. There is now only the 1-day (which no longer has an advanced purchase discount, but still gets the PH and WPFM options at half price), and the Play-3 and Play-4 tickets have been renamed as simply 3-day and 4-day. They still have a 6 month expiration, but now they have the same blockout dates as the Seasonal Pass and totally expire on 12/18/2013.
    Doc

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Sad as it is, Disney raising its ticket prices is no longer news to me. Bigger news would be their deciding to hold prices.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Sad as it is, Disney raising its ticket prices is no longer news to me. Bigger news would be their deciding to hold prices.
    Very true...but it's how they are changing the tickets themselves that is still important.

FYI, I whipped up a MYW ticket price calculator yesterday:

http://wdwuntangled.com/ticketcalc.php

Which will show the current gate price (with and without tax) for MYW tickets given the selected options.
    Doc

Fortunately, I only visit the parks one day during my visit, plus a Christmas party. So the ten-day ticket I buy is literally worth 10 years.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

What do you do the rest of the time?

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

Not to rub it in but in 6 days I will be there and my daughter is in the college intership program and I will be gettin in free. Yahoooooooo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    What do you do the rest of the time?
    Usual "agenda":
    Sunday - arrive, early lunch, Walmart to load up the WL Villa for the week, relax, Christmas party in the evening
    Monday - Drive around to the various resorts, relax
    Tuesday - Epcot for early opening, Magic Kingdom for breakfast, Animal Kingdom, DHS, Epcot
    Wednesday - Check out of WL, visit Universal Studios or just hit the outlets, check in to Saratoga Springs
    Thursday - Check out, walk all the way over to DTD, then walk back to drive to the airport for our evening flight

One day at the parks and done. I go every year, so if I don't see something, there's always next time.

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

We always buy our AP with a DVC discount. I think it went up like $7 per adult. (don't quote me on the amount ) So, we weren't in a rush to buy them before the increase. We're buying them during our trip in October. However, the bigger hike was for our kids. They now pay the adult price. Seriously?!?!?! Since our kids are only going on one WDW trip this year and none next year. (We're taking them to Disneyland next year!!! ), we'll probably just buy them tickets through Undercover Tourist. My husband and I will get four WDW trips out of our APs. Well worth the cost for us.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

Supernova, you mentioned Walmart. My son an I were talking about the Walmart today, and imagining how many different states and countries are represented by all of the tourists shopping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast