Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Disney World to expand Saratoga Springs in the News & Rumors forums; Disney World officials today announced plans for Phase III of its new Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa, adding another 276 units by 2007. The resort opened this month with 184 ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Disney World to expand Saratoga Springs

Disney World officials today announced plans for Phase III of its new Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa, adding another 276 units by 2007.

The resort opened this month with 184 units. Al Weiss, Walt Disney World president, said 75 percent of Phase I has been sold.

When Phase II is completed -- 368 units by 2005 -- the time-share resort built on the site of the former Disney Institute will have 828 accommodations.

Saratoga is the seventh and largest of the Disney Vacation Club properties.

From the Orlando Sentinel
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Wow, Guess they are expanding across the street.

Granny is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I think there's a ton of room still at the old Disney Institute site. I don't know if they'll have to expand across the street. But there's nothing there now, is there, to make that difficult?

The street, by the way, has been renamed. I think it used to be Community Drive. It is now something like Vacation Club Drive or something similar since the only things on it are Saratoga Springs and Old Key West.
    Granny (Yep, I really am a guy)

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Guy
    The street, by the way, has been renamed. I think it used to be Community Drive. It is now something like Vacation Club Drive or something similar since the only things on it are Saratoga Springs and Old Key West.

It is still Community Drive as far as I know.

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    any word on what's happening to the tree houses??????