Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Latest cutback - Evening Extra Magic Hours in the News & Rumors forums; This hasn't made it to the public calendar yet (EMH hours have not been posted), but I'm hearing from CMs that internal calendar shows that starting January, 2013, Evening Extra ...
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Latest cutback - Evening Extra Magic Hours

This hasn't made it to the public calendar yet (EMH hours have not been posted), but I'm hearing from CMs that internal calendar shows that starting January, 2013, Evening Extra Magic Hours will be cut back from three hours to two hours.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

daleycss is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Latest cutback - Evening Extra Magic Hours

I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Yup, it's starting to get to the official site now...

Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

It's a pretty painless way (to corporate thinking) to make a cut and save some cash. The folks who are impacted are staying on property, you cut the operations cast members hours/overtime. It's in line with other cost cutting measures such as reducing the number of Fantasmic performances.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    It's a pretty painless way (to corporate thinking) to make a cut and save some cash. The folks who are impacted are staying on property, you cut the operations cast members hours/overtime. It's in line with other cost cutting measures such as reducing the number of Fantasmic performances.
    Yet, it's further reducing what they guest gets in return for all the money spent, when they just increased ticket prices, etc. Nothing has been announced to make up for it (although there are some rumors)
    Doc

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Yet, it's further reducing what they guest gets in return for all the money spent, when they just increased ticket prices, etc. Nothing has been announced to make up for it (although there are some rumors)
    I really don't expect the Disney Powers That Be to come up with anything to make up for it. AT this point Disney seems to be banking on two demographic groups as their cash cows, the "First Timers" who come have no frame of reference and are caught up in the experince. E ven if they end up as a "One visit and Done" the Mouse got their money. The other group is the Die Hards who Disney repeat performers and going to keep coming depsite the decline in services. They are the ones who's love for Disney and nostalgia push a rose colored shade on the visits that let them overlook the eroding of the experience (I fall into this category I admit). They have so many good memories that it bouys the disappointments.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

There was an extensive article in the Orlando Sentinel today. It didn't go into a lot of details, but I beleive it said the changes would come after the first of the year. The cut back will only be the last hour. So, instead of 3 extra hours, there will be two.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

If it didn't go into a lot of details, how was it extensive?

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Some writer tryin' to fill a required amount of space with a lot of words that really didn't say anything 'cause they really didn't know anything?
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Might help to read the article:

Disney to reduce evening park hours for hotel guests

Jason is a good guy...he does a lot of the theme park articles for the OS.

The article says up front Disney isn't saying why, other than "we regularly evaluate and adjust our offerings based on a variety of factors."

It does, however, talk about several other factors. An interesting one at the end that I hadn't heard before: That the nextgen Fastpass system could be a reason. They reduce the EMH but increase the regular park hours, to afford non-resort guests more time if the resort guests get all the priority access (it presumes the audience that get get the FP+/xPASS access is the resort guests only).
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Might help to read the article:

Disney to reduce evening park hours for hotel guests

Jason is a good guy...he does a lot of the theme park articles for the OS.

The article says up front Disney isn't saying why, other than "we regularly evaluate and adjust our offerings based on a variety of factors."

It does, however, talk about several other factors. An interesting one at the end that I hadn't heard before: That the nextgen Fastpass system could be a reason. They reduce the EMH but increase the regular park hours, to afford non-resort guests more time if the resort guests get all the priority access (it presumes the audience that get get the FP+/xPASS access is the resort guests only).
    Yep, I obviously haven't read the article.
    I was just bein' silly in my response.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Me, too.

I really don't care one way or the other. I'll go when the park opens, and leave when it closes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Me, too.

I really don't care one way or the other. I'll go when the park opens, and leave when it closes.
    Yea, we're that way too. We did a bunch a' that this past trip, as always.
    ~ you know who

WithAnX is offline A-Ticket holder

I can understand this cutback. It's an easy cost-saving measure that, hopefully, would allow Disney to do things I am more interested in them doing such as upgrading attractions, adding attractions, and enhancing the overall experience. Extra Magic Hours are nice, but we rarely use the evening ones anyway.
    Family Vacations

Jun 2012 - Animal Kingdom Lodge- Kidani Village

Same here.

I'm used to getting up well before the sun comes up, so I'm usually pretty well spent in the later hours.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast