Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss DCL Bus Fire in the News & Rumors forums; Another DCL Bus caught fire today on the freeway, it was evacuated and no one was hurt, but this is the second time in a year, the last one being ...
    MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle

DCL Bus Fire

Another DCL Bus caught fire today on the freeway, it was evacuated and no one was hurt, but this is the second time in a year, the last one being in Aug 2004.....Hmmmmmm. I'm thinking they need to do a thourough inspection on these busses. MJ won't let me watch the news (Brother Bear Sing Along Songs it is, sigh) so I will update more after the 11 pm news....
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I wonder what the problem is? Most states have vehicle inspections once a year. For busses it is usually more often.
    They call me "Nana"

tiggerguy is online now All Around Good Guy
    And what makes you think this bus wasn't inspected recently? The bus could have just been inspected recently and something still could happen to cause a fire.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Could be the fault of passengers....
    Could be the fault of the driver....
    Could be the fault of the operators....
    Could be the fault of the factory....

Who knows?

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    My comment was just that to have two such fires in a short period of time makes me think that there might be something wrong with that type of bus. From the pictures it looks like the fire was underneath the bus.
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)