Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Alcohol at Be Our Guest in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by Mo Noyz So, I take it that those who think this is an outrage never go anywhere else on property? They don't stay at resorts on property? ...
    ohiodisneydad is online now Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: Alcohol at Be Our Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    So, I take it that those who think this is an outrage never go anywhere else on property? They don't stay at resorts on property?

They find the other parks offensive due to all the stumbling drunks wandering around and making a nuisance of themselves?

Time to grow up, folks. This is going to change absolutely nothing about the MK experience.
    I disagree. This could potentially change the MK experience for a youngster who either sees the intoxicated fool who gets him/herself bagged up or the stroller that gets knocked over from the stumbler or maybe the family that has to watch someone puke from too much booze combined with heat. There's going to be one that takes it too far, there's always one. That's whats happened at our local amusement park. On our last trip to EPCOT, I was "lucky" enough to get stuck behind a group that were playing Drinking around the World. They were getting served more booze and it was clear to me that they shouldn't have been. I deal with drunks on a very frequent basis.

I don't think this is a deal breaker for eating there though. I have faith that WDW security staff will be vigilant to any issues that occur as a result of serving alcohol.
    Last edited by ohiodisneydad; 09-17-2012 at 08:23 AM.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

The point is that if people want to drink and visit the MK they've always had that opportunity. They could hop the resort loop any time they felt like it.

Seems as though some feel like there has never been people drinking alcohol and visiting the MK.

And we're talking one restaurant. For dinner. And very expensive booze.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Hey, you know what else you can do from pretty much anywhere else on property?

Go to the MK.
    Uhmmm...?
    That's pretty much exactly what the last sentence of my post stated...?
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

The point is that if people want to drink and visit the MK they've always had that opportunity. They could hop the resort loop any time they felt like it.

Seems as though some feel like there has never been people drinking alcohol and visiting the MK.

And we're talking one restaurant. For dinner. And very expensive booze.
    Again, see the last sentence of my post. Is it invisible or something...?!?!
    Whether they serve booze at MK or not, there are hundreds of Guests entering that park intoxicated every single day.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Then what does "keeping it dry" even mean, then?

If you're going to contradict yourself, don't be surprised when someone questions you about it.

Contradict myself? Are you kidding me? After all that, you still didn't understand that I was basically agreeing with you?!?!
    Look dude, I can 'splain it to ya', but I can't understand it for ya'...
    ~ you know who

And you used to "moderate" a site...?
    I guess "used to" is the operative here, huh?
    ~ you know who

DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

Unless you have a psychic connection to the afterlife, no one has any idea what Walt would want in 2012. If the Disney company stuck to what Walt wanted, they would have went bankrupt building the city of Epcot.

Chillax people. There's one restaurant serving overpriced alcohol. Even if it's extended to every restaurant in Magic Kingdom, it's no different than going to your local Applebees or TGIF.

I don't see thousands of drunks staggering through the other parks, and this will be no different. Between the "do what Walt wanted" and the "think of the children" crowd histerics, you would think they were giving out free herion.
    EpcotEric likes this.

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Contradict myself? Are you kidding me? After all that, you still didn't understand that I was basically agreeing with you?!?!
    Right.

Because "I tend to want it to stay dry" is pretty much what I said as well.

Um, OK...

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

As hard as it is to get those ressies, this will not be like Epcot, with drunken sots walking around. You will have to "Be a Guest" at Be My Guest, to get a beer or a wine.

Overall, I sure don't mind this one. I DO, however, wish they would go back to a decency dress code.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Then what does "keeping it dry" even mean, then?

If you're going to contradict yourself, don't be surprised when someone questions you about it.
    I'm surprised you had difficulties following his opinion. While I don't agree necessarily with his opinion, it was very simple, he wished MK stayed dry in honor of Walt's wishes for DL and the MK. And enough people have found other ways to enjoy alchol prior to entering the MK that it may not be necessary to add to the number of guests under the influence by now offering liquior at the MK.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    I made a mental note of that phrase. Pretty good one.

Quote Originally Posted by DVCDad View Post
    Unless you have a psychic connection to the afterlife, no one has any idea what Walt would want in 2012. If the Disney company stuck to what Walt wanted, they would have went bankrupt building the city of Epcot.
    I have to agree, even when Walt was alive the people he surrounded himself with were constantly trying to put him on path again, he was a dreamer and a bit of a hypocrite too. He loved his liquor, so says his DD and I still chuckle at the man with the mustache telling his employees not you.

Chillax people.
    Aside from a moderator, that type of comment usually fuels the fires, generally not well accepted by members as it is very condescending.

There's one restaurant serving overpriced alcohol. Even if it's extended to every restaurant in Magic Kingdom, it's no different than going to your local Applebees or TGIF.
    True enough. Yet didn't Applebees and TGIF always present themselves as an alcohol friendly venue? I'm pretty certain that was always in their business model plan unlike the MK's. While I'm OK with the decision I can appreciate those who are not pleased.

I don't see thousands of drunks staggering through the other parks, and this will be no different. Between the "do what Walt wanted" and the "think of the children" crowd histerics, you would think they were giving out free herion.
    And I don't understand the direction of this portion of your post. No where here have I heard of any member even come close to saying 'thousands of drunks staggering through the other parks' so of course if that wasn't their claim of course you would be correct that the MK wouldn't be different because nobody beside you stated that. I've had the misfortune of having a very drunk group next to me on Soarin, it wasn't pleasant. It doesn't take a thousand to break the magic. I'm not seeing or hearing crowd hysterics either, where did that come from? Heroin? Now that is a huge leap. Wow.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Yea, so then where did your problem with my initial post start?
    I said "tend to", not an emphatic "it has to" or The World will end. 'Cause, ultimately, there'll be drunks there whether it is or isn't dry.
    ~ you know who

Quote Originally Posted by HG
    While I don't agree necessarily with his opinion, it was very simple, he wished MK stayed dry in honor of Walt's wishes for DL and the MK.
    Right.

Which ISN'T essentially agreeing with me.

Yea, this is why I usually stay away from threads like this.
    No matter how carefully you think you might have stated something, there is always someone (or more) out there that will misinterpret and turn it into a train wreck.
    Probably need to go back to that policy...for more than just that one reason.
    ~ you know who

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast