Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Fantasyland Enchanted Forest-Now in Soft opening! in the News & Rumors forums; The first one is Universals for Harry Potter Second, is Disney's answer to HP, Beasts Castle in FLE....
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Fantasyland Enchanted Forest-Now in Soft opening!

The first one is Universals for Harry Potter

Second, is Disney's answer to HP, Beasts Castle in FLE.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Re. the photos:
    I see two different versions of fake castles. What am I missing?
    You're missing the need and desire to subtly trash WDW using whatever opportunity you can drum up.

BTW, if Universal was the result of former Imagineers going it their own, then they needed to be let go. Because until the overrated Pooterville, Universal IoA was essentially Busch Gardens without the animals and based on comic book characters.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Seriously? You think those two are that different?
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Which was her point from the beginning when she posted the two side-by-side photos. Disney took the HP design and set the Beast castle up on rockwork.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Which was her point from the beginning when she posted the two side-by-side photos. Disney took the HP design and set the Beast castle up on rockwork.
    Ding Ding Ding! Exactly!

And as cute as Beast Castle is, it does look lovely in person, I am far more impressed with the Imagineering of the Harry Potter Castle the details are superior, after seeing them both. I am hard pressed to fault HP Imagineers in anyway for the concept or execution of that project. I give them a great deal of kudos. FLE is far from complete yet, so I'll have to wait over a year to see if it compares to HP's expansion and by then HP 2.0 will be complete. Transformers and Springfield should open by then too. It will be exciting times to visit both the Disney and Universal Parks in 2014 to compare and contrast.

With Universal announcing 1.5 Billion new dollars to the parks in Florida after Transformers and HP 2.0 were well on the way they definitely have challenged the Disney Parks. I'm loving the competition. I enjoy both sets of parks and it can only be a win win for guests to have the two entities trying to top each other with their new expansions.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 11-23-2012 at 12:04 AM.
    i-neighborhood likes this.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Was that question meant for me? I hope not since I said absolutely nothing that should have lead you to that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Ding Ding Ding! Exactly!

And as cute as Beast Castle is, it does look lovely in person, I am far more impressed with the Imagineering of the Harry Potter Castle the details are superior, after seeing them both. I am hard pressed to fault HP Imagineers in anyway for the concept or execution of that project. I give them a great deal of kudos. FLE is far from complete yet, so I'll have to wait over a year to see if it compares to HP's expansion and by then HP 2.0 will be complete. Transformers and Springfield should open by then too. It will be exciting times to visit both the Disney and Universal Parks in 2014 to compare and contrast.

With Universal announcing 1.5 Billion new dollars to the parks in Florida after Transformers and HP 2.0 were well on the way they definitely have challenged the Disney Parks. I'm loving the competition. I enjoy both sets of parks and it can only be a win win for guests to have the two entities trying to top each other with their new expansions.
    As huge a Disney fan as I am, I really have to hand it to Universal. They have done made some solid 'must-ride' additions to their parks. Disney sunk years (and a lot of 'em) into a lackluster expanded Fantasyland. After all that time and money, I don't see a single must-ride attraction there. Come to think of it, what was the last must-ride they put in after Everest?
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Everest was built in 2006. What must ride attraction has Universal built since then?

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Everest was built in 2006. What must ride attraction has Universal built since then?
    Well for Harry Potter fans it would be Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey which opened in 2010. I wouldn't count Dragon Challenge since it's just Dueling Dragons renamed.

I have three little girls who are dying to see the new Little Mermaid attraction so for them it's a must ride.

I'm taking the FLE as what it is, it's just an expansion. Now I'm not diminishing the importance of it, but it's not a completely new land. Fantasyland may be the most popular portion of the park thanks to Princesses and it needed more space. Disney addressed that need, regardless whether it was in response to Potterland or not, and by all appearances they did a good job. The new additions appear to blend in with the original areas. I'm excited to see it and I'm willing to reserve judgement until I do.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    As huge a Disney fan as I am, I really have to hand it to Universal. They have done made some solid 'must-ride' additions to their parks. Disney sunk years (and a lot of 'em) into a lackluster expanded Fantasyland. After all that time and money, I don't see a single must-ride attraction there. Come to think of it, what was the last must-ride they put in after Everest?
    And Everest is a cool coaster. Love it. Themed Yeti. Broken since 2008. Theming broke twice as long as it operated, that is unfortunate.

I doesn't matter what forum or sight you read, FLE, what owners and guests are talking about is BoG. Second is how beautiful FLE is, but far and above the vast majority is BoG, yet for whatever thrills it brings, those new restrooms near Haunted Mansion are also being blogged endlessly now too. Mermaid, not so much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Well for Harry Potter fans it would be Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey which opened in 2010. I wouldn't count Dragon Challenge since it's just Dueling Dragons renamed.

I have three little girls who are dying to see the new Little Mermaid attraction so for them it's a must ride.

I'm taking the FLE as what it is, it's just an expansion. Now I'm not diminishing the importance of it, but it's not a completely new land. Fantasyland may be the most popular portion of the park thanks to Princesses and it needed more space. Disney addressed that need, regardless whether it was in response to Potterland or not, and by all appearances they did a good job. The new additions appear to blend in with the original areas. I'm excited to see it and I'm willing to reserve judgement until I do.
    I get the little girls and Mermaid. Actually I get all of FLE and little girls. Beyond that I'll have to wait until 2014 when the boards all finally come down and see.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    And Everest is a cool coaster. Love it. Themed Yeti. Broken since 2008. Theming broke twice as long as it operated, that is unfortunate.

I doesn't matter what forum or sight you read, FLE, what owners and guests are talking about is BoG. Second is how beautiful FLE is, but far and above the vast majority is BoG, yet for whatever thrills it brings, those new restrooms near Haunted Mansion are also being blogged endlessly now too. Mermaid, not so much anymore.
    I have heard nothing on these thrilling restrooms of which you speak. Tell me more!

I know my wife and daughters are very excited to eat at BoG. Theming looks amazing but I'm not a fan of French cuisine. As a foodie, I'll happily give it a chance though.
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Oh dear Lord, do you have your head in the sand? Ad Nauseum the countless photographs about the FLE restrooms.
    They are Tangled themed.

Here is one I pulled for you, but a quick google and you will find countless more about the FLE Bathrooms.

PHOTOS - Thatch roofing going into new Fantasyland restroom area

FYI-If your girls need a quick stop, the restrooms in the train station are huge and woman can get in and out without long lines, a welcome addition to Circus area. They are not Themed restrooms like FLE's but fill the need.

I'm afraid to Google restrooms. Lord knows what kind of return I'd get!

My wife and I saw the outside of the restrooms in the Circus area back in April. We never went in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Harry Potter and The Simpsons, with Transformers coming soon. Plus, they kicked up an already-amazing ride in Spiderman, though I guess that'll be the equalent of Test Track, though that remains to be seen.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast