Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Fantasyland Enchanted Forest-Now in Soft opening! in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by supernova I buy a 7-10 day pass and tack on the non-expiration option. This way, whatever I don't use carries over from year to year. I'm not ...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Fantasyland Enchanted Forest-Now in Soft opening!

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I buy a 7-10 day pass and tack on the non-expiration option. This way, whatever I don't use carries over from year to year. I'm not one to take a seven-day vacation in Orlando and then go to the parks every single day for seven days. That's a waste of time and money.
    Still what, a little over $100 per day to go to parks you seemingly dislike anymore?

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by HG
    Ride Everest even though the theming is gone
    Just a quick aside: this is the kind of hyperbole that makes it hard to take you seriously.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Just a quick aside: this is the kind of hyperbole that makes it hard to take you seriously.
    So out of all that she wrote, seemingly heartfelt, you pick out that?
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Still what, a little over $100 per day to go to parks you seemingly dislike anymore?
    Picked up a ten day non expiration ticket for four-and-change. Well worth it for up to ten years of park entrances at one visit a year. Plus, my ex father in law gifted my then-wife and I with a DVC membership, and he's picking up the dues. We have enough points for both of us to take a week long vacation each. So for free accommodations and tickets that are already in my possession, yes, I would say it's worth it.

And isn't "anymore" only used in the negative? As in "I don't do that anymore?". Never understood people that use it in the positive. "I love that band anymore." Huh??
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    So out of all that she wrote, seemingly heartfelt, you pick out that?
    Was there something else in her post you wanted me to address?

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post

And isn't "anymore" only used in the negative? As in "I don't do that anymore?". Never understood people that use it in the positive. "I love that band anymore." Huh??
    It simply notes that you presumably used to like it, but no longer do.

If I change it to "seemingly no longer like", would it clear up the confusion?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

First, it isn't hyperbole as you insult. Yeti IS the theme. The Theme is broken and isn't being repaired. Try and keep up. I have rode Everest with Yeti working and it was awesome. Even more awesome at night. Stupid comments like that demonstrate your total lack of knowledge and your willingness to share your ignorance.

How does that even begin to have a thing to do with why I go to WDW? Why do you go continues to be your go to line ad nauseum. In another month I am anticipating your going to tell members they can't have an opinion because they haven't been to Disney as recently as you have, yet that hasn't stopped you prior.

I understand some people get off on being belligerent to make up for lack of intellect since belligerence is all they have. I could look past that trait after a year of reading your posts if you were at least consistent. You are very erratic. A quick review of your opinions just on this thread alone demonstrate how your own opinions flip flop just to bicker and change the topic into personal attacks on members. I can't take it personally because your MO is the same with all members and on all threads. Likely you have the forum record for having threads closed, well next to Grumpy. Makes me wonder what happened to you that you turned out this way however we would have to dig up Freud himself to work on you full time.
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Try and keep up.
    It's actually kind of difficult keeping up with a chronic complainer who is under the illusion that one animatronic that doesn't work on a ride that has, arguably, the most elaborate story and queue on property = theming gone.

One show scene that lasts only a couple of seconds.

Theming gone!

I guess if the dog in Pirates stopped working that would be: theming gone!

BTW, since you're so fond of crying foul, let's review some interesting tidbits from your post.

Quote Originally Posted by HG
    just to bicker and change the topic into personal attacks on members.
    In the same post we also got:

"Try and keep up."

"Stupid comments like that demonstrate your total lack of knowledge and your willingness to share your ignorance."

"I understand some people get off on being belligerent to make up for lack of intellect since belligerence is all they have."

"Makes me wonder what happened to you that you turned out this way however we would have to dig up Freud himself to work on you full time."

I promise I won't take any of that personally since you're far too gracious to have meant it that way.

Now, Brian will close this thread, and probably even boot me. But, I just wanted you to look in the mirror for a moment.

It's actually kind of difficult keeping up with a chronic complainer who is under the illusion that one animatronic that doesn't work on a ride that has, arguably, the most elaborate story and queue on property = theming gone.

One show scene that lasts only a couple of seconds.

Theming gone!

I guess if the dog in Pirates stopped working that would be: theming gone!
    The dog isn't central to the story of Pirates where the Yeti is the story of EE.

Most casual visitors to WDW walk through those queues and see them as a pass through. The seasoned WDW visitor notices the issues that need fixed. I don't think it's a case of hating, loathing or trashing WDW. It's a case of having a passion for something that for along time didn't keep up with demands. It's like the relationship with your favorite football team. My beloved Cleveland Browns are horrible to watch but I can't give up on them. So we have a strained relationship at best. Now, Disney is not a train wreck like my Browns.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Oh, I wouldn't call the Browns a train wreck. They've got more pieces in place now than they've had since, what, the Kosar days?

As for the Yeti, of course it's a central figure. But, just because he doesn't swing his arm in a scene that flashes by in seconds means the theming is gone? I simply don't agree with that.

Also, does it matter how the casual observer sees the EE queue? It's themed to the extreme. Isn't that what makes WDW the leader in theme parks?

BTW, true story: the first time we rode EE, my wife and son didn't even see the Yeti. And both instantly proclaimed it to be their favorite attraction on property. Same for me, even though I did see the Yeti. That fact that it's now in B mode doesn't change my opinion of the ride whatsoever.

Do you disagree?

See, I can't understand how somebody could come off the ride after it went into B mode thinking, "the magic is gone!"

Think about Splash. How much stuff tends not to work there? Is it no longer an awesome ride because of that? Not in my book.

True, we do have more pieces now then the days of The Drive or The Fumble. We'll get there, some day. I can't argue either way on EE. I've never ridden it. My girls aren't coaster fans. They barely tolerated Space Mountain. But here's my take. The Mountains of WDW should always be in tip top shape. The problem is, Disney ars took a hit

I finish my thoughts when I get on an actual PC

That's cool, take your time. Posting from a mobile can be a pain when you've got a lot to say.

I can see the point you're getting at concerning the Mountains, but I still think it's a minor quibble.

As for your Browns, I actually like what I see there, all things considered. Weeden looks fairly legit, although I thought McCoy was yanked too soon. Richardson has completely surprised me because I have little faith in rookie running backs these days. And for good reason, I'm sure you'd agree. Gordon is a bigger deep threat than most think, even with his big games this year. And Joe Haden might be one of the top five corners in the game right now.

Of course there is more to it than just those players, but I think that's a really impressive core to build around. Even if Weeden is a little older than your average rookie QB...

And let's face it, the division is coming around to them. Baltimore is getting older and breaking down by the week, even if they do still have a good record. Same story in Pittsburgh. The Bengels are ahead of the game, especially with that wicked Dalton/Green combo. But, your boys are sneaking up...

I wouldn't be too down on them because of their record. They're actually much better than their record, IMO.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

It's actually kind of difficult keeping up with a chronic complainer who is under the illusion that one animatronic that doesn't work on a ride that has, arguably, the most elaborate story and queue on property.
    Rohde really did overspend on research on creating AK, didn't he? It was almost as if he and his team wanted to see the world, so they did worked it out to do it on Disney's dime. This is an actual bike from a village, these are actual flags from... geez, ok, we get it. They're authentic. Most people walk past that stuff without seeing it, and those who do don't figure it to be real anyway. And even if it were real, how the heck would anyone except Joe's merry band of traveling Imagineers know the difference anyway?
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast