Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Fantasyland Enchanted Forest-Now in Soft opening! in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad There is no doubt that FLE's target audience are the girls with the exception of the Circus area which of course appeals to small children and ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Fantasyland Enchanted Forest-Now in Soft opening!

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    There is no doubt that FLE's target audience are the girls with the exception of the Circus area which of course appeals to small children and parents. But as the father of three girls, Fantasyland always has been targeted towards the girlies excluding PhilarMagic and It's a Small World.

The imagery is amazing. The content so far is lackluster. But with three girls in tow, I know I'll be spending quiet a bit of time there.

I am looking forward to getting my picture taken with Gaston though. Villains are my favorite.

I so love my Villains. I agree the scenery is amazing. Yep, 3 girls you will be there! Remember how much time you actually spend there, I am curious how much time interest guests can actually spend in there. I have a boy and a girl and the girl wasn't and still isn't very Princessie, but that ManChild did not like the attraction with all the dolls, IASW.

And on the note of FLE, Attractions Magazine is reporting more track for Dwarf.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

See, now to me, Gaston was never a villain. He wasn't trying to kill the heroine of the story. He was trying to save her from a perceived threat. Are the townspeople villains as well? I could never find a reason to categorize Gaston as a villain.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Well, they did kind of portray him as villainous, didn't they? In more of an ignorant oaf sorta way?

Been forever since I saw the movie...

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

I guess he wasn't a villain in the classic Disney sense. Maybe protagonist is a better word.

My wife and I took a stroll through the Circus area on our anniversary trip. It was pleasing to the eye but without kids, it wasn't for us.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Arrogant protagonist, sure. Villain? Not so much.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I guess he wasn't a villain in the classic Disney sense. Maybe protagonist is a better word.

My wife and I took a stroll through the Circus area on our anniversary trip. It was pleasing to the eye but without kids, it wasn't for us.
    I liked it far more at night. Calm and it actually looks nicer with the lighting in the evening over sunlight. Daylight doesn't do Dumbo justice, the water and lighting at night, very pretty, didn't ride it though.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 12-12-2012 at 10:29 AM.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

I'm interested to see Storybook Circus, but I doubt I'll be visiting it on every trip. I rarely bothered with Toontown and one year I honestly forgot it was even there and missed it entirely. I never rode Dumbo when it was in the front of the park (I can ride a similar ride at any carnival or nearly any amusement park in the country) so that won't be a draw. Barnstormer was cute but never enough to make me leave the train, so Goofini isn't going to be a draw either. Mickey and Minnie aren't back there anymore, so what does that leave?

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I'm interested to see Storybook Circus, but I doubt I'll be visiting it on every trip. I rarely bothered with Toontown and one year I honestly forgot it was even there and missed it entirely. I never rode Dumbo when it was in the front of the park (I can ride a similar ride at any carnival or nearly any amusement park in the country) so that won't be a draw. Barnstormer was cute but never enough to make me leave the train, so Goofini isn't going to be a draw either. Mickey and Minnie aren't back there anymore, so what does that leave?
    Me too, it was one of the first things I did as I only came in for EMH on the night I arrived. If I had to compare to all the variations my kids experienced in the Toon corner, it is an kiddie area themed to appeal to adult???? Toon was bright and childish. I don't think little kids will mind the theming but I believe kiddies will not be drawn to most of the details like Toon. Toon you took your kids out of the strollers let go of their hands and let them climb on the Donalds boat, squirt the guns, climb on the fenced in mega plastic creatures, run through the maze/playground, explore the Mouse's houses. No waiting. Kiddies need to burn off energy and the place was perfect and away from other Guests in the park that didn't want to deal with Kiddies blowing off steam. Now at Storybook they will have the indoor playground but it will be tied to that beeper, time to go NOW thing. I parented most times with that 5-10 minute warning when possible to avoid that abrupt ending to fun. The squirting/getting soaked area isn't as interactive as the Donald boat, though it was pretty, I could see but not open yet. This will be an issue in the winter as they will get very wet. Donald they turned off most of the water and they could still play and climb. So I'm kinda if-y on if it is a great replacement for the Kiddies, but it is certainly pretty and detailed. As my kids aged we didn't go to Toon or if we did it was a obligatory ride on Goofy and out.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I never once visited Toon Town Fair. Just wasn't interested.

I will at least visit Storybook Circus at least once.

That's saying something, I suppose.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

I never rode Dumbo when it was in the front of the park (I can ride a similar ride at any carnival or nearly any amusement park in the country) so that won't be a draw.
    Or take advantage of the other two similar options,Flying Carpets and Astro Orbiter, at MK.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Or take advantage of the other two similar options,Flying Carpets and Astro Orbiter, at MK.
    Or Tricera Top at AK.

Deep breath....here is a pretty good article from Jim Hill about Be Our Guest and what to expect

WDW's "Be Our Guest" restaurant really is putting its servers to the test

Exactly.

I have never understood what makes Dumbo such an iconic ride. Even as a young child in the 70's I had no compulsion to ride it.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Exactly.

I have never understood what makes Dumbo such an iconic ride. Even as a young child in the 70's I had no compulsion to ride it.

I agree... the need for spinners apparently is paramount importance to disney as they now have 5 on property (with the 2 Dumbos)... I have ridden it since its been moved (as a throwback during the xmas party with my g/f and mom riding on separate Dumbos) it is better where it is now and the lights and water features are cool... thats about it though...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    I agree... the need for spinners apparently is paramount importance to disney as they now have 5 on property (with the 2 Dumbos)... I have ridden it since its been moved (as a throwback during the xmas party with my g/f and mom riding on separate Dumbos) it is better where it is now and the lights and water features are cool... thats about it though...
    With all of the enhancements, it's officially now better to stand around and look at it rather than ride it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast