Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Fantasyland Enchanted Forest-Now in Soft opening! in the News & Rumors forums; Tons of Guests this morning are strolling about the now packed Enchanted Forest today. FLE has started the forests Soft Opening well ahead of the AP Holders Preview. This is ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Fantasyland Enchanted Forest-Now in Soft opening!

Tons of Guests this morning are strolling about the now packed Enchanted Forest today. FLE has started the forests Soft Opening well ahead of the AP Holders Preview.

This is the part I've been looking forward to the most, just having the opportunity to gaze at all the little details and theming of the expansion. Hope they either keep it open at night or soon have a soft opening in the evening.
    Circus looked amazing after dark, so I hold the same hope for the Enchanted Forest.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

cindymouse6 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Fantasyland Enchanted Forest-Now in Soft opening!

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Tons of Guests this morning are strolling about the now packed Enchanted Forest today. FLE has started the forests Soft Opening well ahead of the AP Holders Preview.

This is the part I've been looking forward to the most, just having the opportunity to gaze at all the little details and theming of the expansion. Hope they either keep it open at night or soon have a soft opening in the evening.
    Circus looked amazing after dark, so I hold the same hope for the Enchanted Forest.
    It was opened during the Halloween party last night! It was amazing to be able to walk onto the Ariel ride, walk into the Belle interactive story ( my son got to be the beast). this is the last week of the dress rehearsals
    cindymouse6
    DVC members Old Key West, Beach Club, Bay Lake Towers
    30+ visits and still adding them on!
    New Years 2014, WDW marathon weekend 2014, Bay lake MK view 2014, Food and wine Festival 2014 Premium annual passholder!!!!

DeJa vu?

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

If you can't beat 'em ...
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Hahahaha...um, yeah.

Might wanna check your figures there, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Hahahaha...um, yeah.

Might wanna check your figures there, Mike.
    I don't mean in attendance. I mean in design and layout. There's no doubt that HP world inspired Disney to kick Fantasyland into high gear.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Oh, OK. Misread what you were getting at there. My bad.

I know that even with the HP boost, Universal's numbers aren't anywhere near those of Disney as far as attendance. My worry is that, since Disney doesn't need the spike, they are only going about things half-heartedly. When attendance was down, Disney started feeding people for free, and that was enough to bring in more guests where they might not otherwise would not have spent money on a vacation. Universal took a concept and built a solid themed world area. I haven't been to Disney World to see this new Fantasyland yet, but from the videos I've seen online, I'm already writing off a good chunk of the land. I'll walk through it to see the themeing and layout, but as far as actually riding Little Mermaid or that silly little Belle thing, no thanks.

Well, if nothing else it was a land I used as a walkthrough between Liberty Square and Tomorrowland before. At least now I might spend a little more time there.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    If you can't beat 'em ...
    That was my thought as well.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

We were in the Magic kingdom on Nov. 11th and tried to get into the new area but were turned away because we aren't annual passholders or whatever special group they were letting in.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    We were in the Magic kingdom on Nov. 11th and tried to get into the new area but were turned away because we aren't annual passholders or whatever special group they were letting in.
    Yep, AP Holders, Special Invite media, Cast nights.

That is annoying. Disney vacation planners used the private preview this as a marketing tool the past year to boost Disney sales of AP's. It did turn around and bite them by crashing their computer system multiple times for sign up. Then there was too much interest by AP holder so Disney had to add a big chunk of extra private time slots.

It has been a juggling act, AP happier, guests paying nearly $100 to get into the park not being able to enter have been having some melt downs. Challenge for Guest Services CMs.

But it is over now and FLE is open to all now. fyi this is when the AP time was originally supposed to be, right up to the time of the Grand Opening for all.

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    DeJa vu?

No, actually.
    Although, I'm pretty sure I understand the reasons why, the first one is about 1,000 times more detailed and cooler looking IMO, right down to the rockwork and foliage.
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    No, actually.
    Although, I'm pretty sure I understand the reasons why, the first one is about 1,000 times more detailed and cooler looking IMO, right down to the rockwork and foliage.
    That is what happens when Disney's best Imagineers were let go and some of them landed at Universal dreaming up Harry Potter. I love it too, way cool.

Did you read the Legends Panel 2012 stuff? This year they did something different and brought in current and former Imagineers as the panel. This tidbit below kinda summed it up.

Monty Lunde, now President, Technifex:

"The buildup to do Epcot and Tokyo Disneyland was about 3,000 people. But then they opened and basically said
    to many of us 'have a nice life' and we were let go. There was no industry for those of us to go to, and many of
    us had a tough time finding work, so many of us just said 'let's try to do this on our own.' That was a first wave of entrepreneurs who started exporting what we learned at Disney to Universal, Paramount, Fox, Warner Bros. and everyone else who decided it would be a great idea to start a theme park. That essentially spawned this entire industry.
    "

Now we look at photo's and quickly see how far these former Disney Imagineers have come in building Universal. Even more amazing is when Disney somewhat duplicates a Universal concept, Universal's is superior. Times they are a changing.
    i-neighborhood likes this.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Re. the photos:
    I see two different versions of fake castles. What am I missing?
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast