Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Time Square Disney announces new parks theme "Limited Time Magic" in the News & Rumors forums; With a rapidly melting Ice Castle in Time Square Disney unveils the Parks new theme for 2013. We have 52 weeks of magical surprises planned for you at Disney Parks ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Time Square Disney announces new parks theme "Limited Time Magic"

With a rapidly melting Ice Castle in Time Square Disney unveils the Parks new theme for 2013.

We have 52 weeks of magical surprises planned for you at Disney Parks in 2013.
    Regular Blog readers already know that next year is a momentous year – with New Fantasyland, the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom Park history at Walt Disney World Resort and the first full year of a re-imagined Disney California Adventure park. And now, we’re adding “Limited Time Magic,” featuring unexpected experiences with an extra sprinkle of Pixie Dust at Disneyland Resort and the Walt Disney World Resort that’ll appear, and then disappear when the next debuts.

Gallery

Giant Ice Castle in Times Square Kicks Off ‘Limited Time Magic’ at Disney Parks

As part of this morning’s “Limited Time Magic” announcement, Mickey and pals helped unveil a three-story castle in the heart of Times Square in New York City. The fairytale castle is made of 45,000 pounds of ice and will be visible for a limited time thanks to the warm Autumn weather.
    So, what can you expect with “Limited Time Magic” at Disney Parks when it begins in January? Here’s an idea:

• True Love: Celebrate romance and enchantment throughout Valentine’s Week with special moments and entertainment geared to lovebirds. Disney Princes join their Princesses to meet park guests in special settings, prix fixe menus turn up at select restaurants and Valentine’s collectibles will be offered for the week.
    • Independence Week: It’s red, white and blue as Disney Parks salutes America with a 4th of July Fireworks Party — for an entire week, with patriotic lighting bathing the Disney castles on both coasts. Mickey Mouse appears in his patriotic finest and guests will find special USA shirts, Ear Hats and other limited-edition souvenirs.
    • Long Lost Friends Week: Lesser-known Disney characters will move from the shadows to the spotlight meet-and-greets on both coasts. Photo opps with characters that could include Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will surprise and delight guests. And Disney guests even have the chance to vote online for which characters they want to see.
    • Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.
    • Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: The Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the “Original Boy Band” and delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.
    • Unleash the Villains: Friday the 13th in September 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios are staying open until the 13th hour (1 a.m.). Maleficent, Captain Hook, Jafar and other Disney Villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and other nighttime mischief.
    • Golden Horseshoe Revue: The fabled Frontierland show returns to Disneyland park for one month only, bringing back the corny jokes and enduring songs that were often enjoyed by Walt Disney himself.

We’ll be rolling out new experiences to begin the new year, so be sure and check the Disney Parks Blog in upcoming months to learn what’s happening. Also, you can learn more and follow along on Twitter by following @DisneyParks and using the hashtag #LimitedTimeMagic.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Time Square Disney announces new parks theme "Limited Time Magic"

I would love to be on property for the Long Lost friends week. That sounds like an absolute blast.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I so agree, some of the other choices not so much.

Odd name they have given it. I talked to my son and he said many are equally puzzled by the title.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

I agree on Long Lost Friends Week. I'd also love to be there for Villain's Week.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Maybe this is just a week thing to see how it is received, and hen maybe they pull the successful ones out again... I'm sure villains week and long lost friends will be hits... Lets see how this all works out...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I received an email invitation to this the other day, but it was during working hours and I couldn't run to Times Square that morning. Now I'm glad I didn't try.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

It really is a dumb name
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom